• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam is a false religion per Quran itself.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
In the context of the hadith you quoted, we are talking about war captives, NOT slaves acquired through purchase/exchange or through birth….
1. So you consider using female slaves captured during attacks for sex to be morally and practically acceptable. So presumably you do not condemn ISIS for doing it, especially as they cite those hadith as justification.
2. The Quran does not make that distinction. It simply refers to those "whom thy right hand possesses" - ie. slaves acquired through any legitimate Islamic means, which include trade and birth.

and you think slavery, sex with female slaves, slaves acquired through purchase/exchange and through birth do not exist under any other societies or other faiths too in those days???
More whataboutery. Why do you think other people committing barbarism makes your barbarism ok?
And yes, any other ideology that allows using females slaves or captives for sex is just as bad as Islam.

Well, anyone who thinks his ‘moral standards’ are above the rest deludes himself and that’s what you are – delusional!
You just spent a long post telling me I have no morals. Careful you don't use up the world's supply of irony. It is a finite resource, you know.

And yes, I am quite happy to claim that my own personal moral framework is superior to Islam's. For one, I would never allow or condone slavery. So that's 1-0 to me already. And a pretty big one at that.

As I said before, I know it’s hard for you, but try to understand the context of the hadith, instead of consistently exposing your ignorance.
I understand the context of the hadith.
You claimed that we can't judge Muhammad's actions by today's standards. Yet at the same time, you believe Muhammad is the perfect example for all Muslims to follow.
You need to make your mind up.

You have morals?? Like it’s okay to have sex with anyone’s wife as long as it’s consensus – that kind of moral?? Now, that’s really hilarious!!
Interesting that you consider having sex with another man's wife to be immoral - and yet in those hadith I quoted, Muhammad explicitly allows his men to do just that.
So, where is your moral high ground now?

And again, you are implying that it is anyone else's decision other than the woman's. If the sex is adult, informed and consensual, it is morally acceptable. The issue of a failing marriage is something different.

You have no morals,
But I do. I maintain that slavery is immoral. But you believe that it is morally acceptable.
So, who is the morally bankrupt one here?

you are ignorant and you are incapable to think logically and rationally and you want to judge Islam on morals???!
I think the use of torture is immoral (especially as a punishment). Islam prescribes torture as a punishment. Therefore, to me, Islam is immoral.
Now, if you want to defend the morality of using torture as a punishment, go ahead.

Oh dear.. can anyone have any decent ‘conversation’ with someone who is immoral, ignorant, and incapable to think logically and rationally??
Hmm, that didn't seem to address my main point - so I'll make it agains...

The point is that the hadith describe Muslim soldiers basically raping their new "desirable" captives. Muhammad has the opportunity to tell them not to, but he allows them to continue.
Of course if it was just some random warlord in the ANE allowing his men to rape their captives, then it wouldn't be noteworthy. Those were often brutal times. The problem is that Muhammad is supposed to be "the best of creation", the ultimate moral exemplar and role model for all Muslims to aspire to. So whatever he did is necessarily morally good.

And once again, as you have nicely illustrated, you are ignorant and have zero knowledge of Islam!!
You seem to be struggling with the concept of "debate". If you claim that a point I made is flawed, then you need to explain why. It's no good just repeatedly shouting "Ha! You're stupid!"

That’s because you lack logic and rationale in your thinking process. Why do you keep on displaying that??
You ARE really showing that you are incapable to think logically and rationally!!
By doing this, you only make your own position look weaker. I made two specific point but you just dodged them. So let's have another go...

"You believe the Quran came from god, but there is literally no evidence or rational argument to support that claim, and much that disproves it."
"Was Zoroastrianism and Arab Paganism also from god, because Islam contains elements of those beliefs as well?"

And what a stupid analogy too!!! Surely you can’t be that dim???
It is perfectly apposite.
You argued that one immoral act excuses another.
My analogy explicitly illustrates the flaw in your argument.

You hardly explain anything, but you did display your inability to think logically and rationally all the time – way to make your ‘point’!!!
I claimed that all Muhammad's "revelations" were in response to some event.
You claimed they weren't, and gave an example.
I explained the event that verse was in response to.

LOL, your inability to understand context seems to confirm what I have been saying of you – you lack the ability to think logically and rationally.
Ironically, it is you who seems to misunderstand context. You think that simply shouting "But Context!" is an argument in itself. It is not.
You need to explain what the context id and why it changes the apparent meaning.

I see you are not sure of a lot of things and that’s probably because of your inability to think logically and rationally.
You seem to have descended into a pattern of ignoring points and questions and instead just repeating "But you're illogical and irrational" as every response.

Quran 60:4 is referring to the rejection of idol worshipping, NOT across the board rejection and hatred for disbelievers! Another display of your inability to understand context and inability to think logically and rationally??
As I have explained, if you read that verse in context (ie. along with the verses around it and with a classical tafsir) you would see it is referring to all those who reject Islam. Allah specifically refers to those who "have disbelieved in what came to you of the truth". So anyone who disbelieves. He then says that Abraham's hatred for such people is a good example to follow.

Are you referring to verse 60:4?? Nope, it’s not promoting hate, you are promoting hate whether you realize it or not! That verse is referring to the idol-worshippers! Another display of your inability to understand context and inability to think logically and rationally??
Even given your narrow, out of context interpretation, you are still admitting that the Quran promotes hate against people because of their religious beliefs, which proves my initial point (you hadn't thought that through, had you?).

Synonymous because ‘disown’ in the context of that verse means ‘to dissociate or to have nothing to do with the practice of idol worshipping’, understand??
So you finally agree with me.

You are really such a simpleton, aren’t you??
This is actually getting pretty amusing now.
I asked you to point out from a list of Muhammad's military actions, which ones were defensive.
You refused because the list was from Wikipedia.
I asked you...
"So what is your argument here? That the list of battles is wrong? That there are some missing of made-up ones added?
Or are you simply avoiding the issue - which is that after the Battle of the Trench, Muhammad did not fight any defensive battles?"

To which you gave the above response.
Fancy attempting an answer yet?

You mean the enemies of Muhammad are just standing without any military weapons???! No **** Watson!!
You seem to have lost track of the point here.
If Muhammad attacked a town and the inhabitants fought back against the Muslim army, who was the aggressor?
Did the inhabitants defensive action retroactively justify Muhammad attacking in the first place?

You mean your main criteria of truth are that the claim must be written in an article??!! Quelle surprise!! You are not just incapable to think logically and rationally, you are obviously so naïve too!!
There are dozens of articles that refer to Putin's claim to be liberating Ukraine. It was the fundamental justification for the invasion - that the pro-Russian population was being oppressed by the illegitimate Ukrainian government. Really not sure where you are going with this.

You mean you want to get back to your inability to think logically and rationally?? I thought I told you to find out what happened to the Arabian peninsula AFTER Muhammad took control! Why am I not surprised that you don’t understand what you read??
Why does it matter what happened after he invaded and conquered it? The point is that he did invade and conquer it - as you have just admitted. Therefore it can't have been self-defence. It must have been aggressive action.
This keeps happening to you, doesn't it. You present some "argument" that merely proves my original point.

muhammad_isa

..I think the use of torture is immoral (especially as a punishment)..
A bit simplistic..
Maybe you don't think that a parent or schoolmaster should punish a child for misbehaving..

I wouldn't agree .. capital punishment is necessary in society, but not administered in a willy-nilly fashion.

Last edited:

KWED

A bit simplistic..
Not really. The deliberate infliction of severe and prolonged pain as punishment or retribution is barbaric and uncivilised. That is all.

Maybe you don't think that a parent or scxhoolmaster should punish a child for misbehaving..
Should anyone be able to inflict physical harm or severe pain on a child? Absolutely not. Why on earth would you think it is a good thing?

I wouldn't agree .. capital punishment is necessary in society, but not administered in a willy-nilly fashion.
It is well known that capital punishment does not deter or reduce the crimes in is imposed on. So given this, why do you think it is "necessary"? And what "crimes" do you think it should apply to?

KWED

Is "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" immoral?
It is an incoherent principle. If someone kills a child, is their child killed? That would certainly be immoral and unjust, don't you think?
What if the injury was accidental? Does the punishment still take place? What about mitigating factors? What about relative utility? Is the hand of a footballer worth the same as the hand of a surgeon?
And if the accused can buy their way out of the physical punishment if they are sufficiently wealthy, even more immoral and unjust.

I'm not sure what you refer to when you say Islam prescribes torture..
Anywhere that Islam prescribes inflicting pain or suffering as a punishment.
5:33 prescribes execution by torture (crucifixion).
24:2 prescribes torture (flogging with 100 lashes).
Dozens of verses describe how Allah tortures disbelievers.
There are hadith that describe Muhammad having people tortured to death.
It is undeniable that Islam condones torture. If you consider torture to be immoral (which civilised society generally does), you must have a problem with Islam as an ideology.
If you claim that Islam is perfect, then you must consider torture to be morally acceptable.

muhammad_isa

Anywhere that Islam prescribes inflicting pain or suffering as a punishment.
5:33 prescribes execution by torture (crucifixion).
24:2 prescribes torture (flogging with 100 lashes).
Dozens of verses describe how Allah tortures disbelievers.
There are hadith that describe Muhammad having people tortured to death.
..yet these punishments are only for people who "torture" others.
There is a need for justice in society.
A society in which justice fails, will eventually fail itself.

Re. Allah torturing people for being disbelievers, I have already explained to you what I think about that. It is our own behaviour which leads to suffering. It is our choice.
Anybody that allows themselves to be completely lost in evil are foolish.
Evil cannot be thwarted by other than treating it harshly. An experienced 'cop' knows that.

Allah warns us in the Qur'an about that, just as He gives the good news that honesty & good deeds will eventually be rewarded .. even if we have to wait until after we die.

stevecanuck

A bit simplistic..
Maybe you don't think that a parent or schoolmaster should punish a child for misbehaving..

Did you miss the word "torture"? Trying to conflate punishing a child with torture is hyperbole and only shows you have no legitimate argument.

KWED

..yet these punishments are only for people who "torture" others.
Complete nonsense.
5:33 applies to people who "spread mischief" or "wage war against Allah and his messenger". Ibn Kathir explains that these offences include "opposition, contradiction, disbelief and acts of disobedience". No mention of torturing people.
24:2 applies to unmarried people merely having consensual, adult sex. Where is the "torture"?
An utterly baffling defence.

There is a need for justice in society.
A society in which justice fails, will eventually fail itself.
How is torturing people for having a sexual relationship "justice"?
How is torturing people to death ever "justice"?

And you forgot to explain how killing the child of a child murderer is "justice".

Re. Allah torturing people for being disbelievers, I have already explained to you what I think about that. It is our own behaviour which leads to suffering. It is our choice.
Anybody that allows themselves to be completely lost in evil are foolish.
Evil cannot be thwarted by other than treating it harshly. An experienced 'cop' knows that.
!. You obviously consider horrendous torture to be an acceptable and appropriate punishment for minor, perceived offences. So presumably you don't complain about the torture of prisoners in Guantanamo Bay, for example?

Allah warns us in the Qur'an about that, just as He gives the good news that honesty & good deeds will eventually be rewarded .. even if we have to wait until after we die.
The issues you keep ignoring are:
1. If you don't believe in Islam (as most people don't, for a variety of perfectly good reasons), any "warning" issued by it is meaningless.
2. The Quran and other sources repeatedly state that Allah decides whether some people believe or not.
3. Why does disbelief require an eternity of horrendous torture at all? It makes no sense.

muhammad_isa

2. The Quran and other sources repeatedly state that Allah decides whether some people believe or not..
The Qur'an also states that Allah is not comparable to another person and is of infinite nature.
That means, in my opinion, that if you imagine Allah as "an invisible person" deciding things for us, you do not grasp the complexity of the web of life as regards to interpretation. A literal translation is not always appropriate.

3. Why does disbelief require an eternity of horrendous torture at all? It makes no sense.
It is not "a requirement". It is a consequence of evil doing.
A literal reading is not necessarily a correct interpretation .. but the result is still the same.
i.e. evil results in serious disaster for us, and goodness results in goodness. What we sow we reap.

True. If you don't believe it, you could ignore it. Your choice.

JerryMyers

1. So you consider using female slaves captured during attacks for sex to be morally and practically acceptable. So presumably you do not condemn ISIS for doing it, especially as they cite those hadith as justification.
2. The Quran does not make that distinction. It simply refers to those "whom thy right hand possesses" - ie. slaves acquired through any legitimate Islamic means, which include trade and birth.

More whataboutery. Why do you think other people committing barbarism makes your barbarism ok?
And yes, any other ideology that allows using females slaves or captives for sex is just as bad as Islam.

You just spent a long post telling me I have no morals. Careful you don't use up the world's supply of irony. It is a finite resource, you know.

And yes, I am quite happy to claim that my own personal moral framework is superior to Islam's. For one, I would never allow or condone slavery. So that's 1-0 to me already. And a pretty big one at that.

I understand the context of the hadith.
You claimed that we can't judge Muhammad's actions by today's standards. Yet at the same time, you believe Muhammad is the perfect example for all Muslims to follow.
You need to make your mind up.

Interesting that you consider having sex with another man's wife to be immoral - and yet in those hadith I quoted, Muhammad explicitly allows his men to do just that.
So, where is your moral high ground now?

And again, you are implying that it is anyone else's decision other than the woman's. If the sex is adult, informed and consensual, it is morally acceptable. The issue of a failing marriage is something different.

But I do. I maintain that slavery is immoral. But you believe that it is morally acceptable.
So, who is the morally bankrupt one here?

I think the use of torture is immoral (especially as a punishment). Islam prescribes torture as a punishment. Therefore, to me, Islam is immoral.
Now, if you want to defend the morality of using torture as a punishment, go ahead.

Hmm, that didn't seem to address my main point - so I'll make it agains...

The point is that the hadith describe Muslim soldiers basically raping their new "desirable" captives. Muhammad has the opportunity to tell them not to, but he allows them to continue.
Of course if it was just some random warlord in the ANE allowing his men to rape their captives, then it wouldn't be noteworthy. Those were often brutal times. The problem is that Muhammad is supposed to be "the best of creation", the ultimate moral exemplar and role model for all Muslims to aspire to. So whatever he did is necessarily morally good.

You seem to be struggling with the concept of "debate". If you claim that a point I made is flawed, then you need to explain why. It's no good just repeatedly shouting "Ha! You're stupid!"

By doing this, you only make your own position look weaker. I made two specific point but you just dodged them. So let's have another go...

"You believe the Quran came from god, but there is literally no evidence or rational argument to support that claim, and much that disproves it."
"Was Zoroastrianism and Arab Paganism also from god, because Islam contains elements of those beliefs as well?"

It is perfectly apposite.
You argued that one immoral act excuses another.
My analogy explicitly illustrates the flaw in your argument.

I claimed that all Muhammad's "revelations" were in response to some event.
You claimed they weren't, and gave an example.
I explained the event that verse was in response to.

Ironically, it is you who seems to misunderstand context. You think that simply shouting "But Context!" is an argument in itself. It is not.
You need to explain what the context id and why it changes the apparent meaning.

You seem to have descended into a pattern of ignoring points and questions and instead just repeating "But you're illogical and irrational" as every response.

As I have explained, if you read that verse in context (ie. along with the verses around it and with a classical tafsir) you would see it is referring to all those who reject Islam. Allah specifically refers to those who "have disbelieved in what came to you of the truth". So anyone who disbelieves. He then says that Abraham's hatred for such people is a good example to follow.

Even given your narrow, out of context interpretation, you are still admitting that the Quran promotes hate against people because of their religious beliefs, which proves my initial point (you hadn't thought that through, had you?).

So you finally agree with me.

This is actually getting pretty amusing now.
I asked you to point out from a list of Muhammad's military actions, which ones were defensive.
You refused because the list was from Wikipedia.
I asked you...
"So what is your argument here? That the list of battles is wrong? That there are some missing of made-up ones added?
Or are you simply avoiding the issue - which is that after the Battle of the Trench, Muhammad did not fight any defensive battles?"

To which you gave the above response.
Fancy attempting an answer yet?

You seem to have lost track of the point here.
If Muhammad attacked a town and the inhabitants fought back against the Muslim army, who was the aggressor?
Did the inhabitants defensive action retroactively justify Muhammad attacking in the first place?

There are dozens of articles that refer to Putin's claim to be liberating Ukraine. It was the fundamental justification for the invasion - that the pro-Russian population was being oppressed by the illegitimate Ukrainian government. Really not sure where you are going with this.

Why does it matter what happened after he invaded and conquered it? The point is that he did invade and conquer it - as you have just admitted. Therefore it can't have been self-defence. It must have been aggressive action.
This keeps happening to you, doesn't it. You present some "argument" that merely proves my original point.
It’s amazing how you keep on displaying your ignorance and your inability to think logically and rationally!! But hey, if you want to keep on doing that, go ahead and make a fool of yourself to everyone, especially to the Muslims!!

Let me grab the popcorns for your next display of ignorance and your inability to think logically and rationally. This is FUN!! OK. 1.2,3…GO!!

KWED

The Qur'an also states that Allah is not comparable to another person and is of infinite nature.
That means, in my opinion, that if you imagine Allah as "an invisible person" deciding things for us, you do not grasp the complexity of the web of life as regards to interpretation. A literal translation is not always appropriate.
Straw man. No sceptic I am aware of considers god to be a person making decisions like a manager or politician.
However, the Quran clearly describes god affecting the epitome of events by his will.

It's also funny that apologists are happy to anthropomorphise god when it suits them.

It is not "a requirement". It is a consequence
Same thing in principle. If a consequence must follow an action, then that consequence is required.
But I'll play... why must eternal torture be a consequence of disbelief?

of evil doing.
Why do you think rejecting Islam because of a lack of evidence and it's irrational nature, or because you have been raised to believe in a different religion, "doing evil"?
You seem determined to dehumanise non-muslims.

KWED

It’s amazing how you keep on displaying your ignorance and your inability to think logically and rationally!! But hey, if you want to keep on doing that, go ahead and make a fool of yourself to everyone, especially to the Muslims!!

Let me grab the popcorns for your next display of ignorance and your inability to think logically and rationally. This is FUN!! OK. 1.2,3…GO!!
So that is the best response you can come up with to a variety of points supported by rational argument and evidence?
You've just given up any pretence of reasonable debate, haven't you? Your sole approach in to ignore everything and just shout "Ur Stoopid!!"
Well, good for you.

Let's repeat just one of my points and we'll see if you can respond to it...

You consider using female slaves captured during attacks for sex to be morally and practically acceptable, in principle. So presumably you do not condemn ISIS for doing it, in principle.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

You consider using female slaves captured during attacks for sex to be morally and practically acceptable, in principle. So presumably you do not condemn ISIS for doing it, in principle.

Well, it can be explained using biology and the replication of the fittest gene. But that is a biological fact and has nothing to whether we ought to do it or not.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No idea what you are on about here. :confused:

Alpha male behaviour including using violence is a biological behaviour. Whether that is right or wrong, is something else. You are doing an appeal to emotions. Fair and well, I also do that, but I try to state that is what I am doing.

KWED

Alpha male behaviour including using violence is a biological behaviour. Whether that is right or wrong, is something else. You are doing an appeal to emotions. Fair and well, I also do that, but I try to state that is what I am doing.
Sorry. Still none the wiser.

JerryMyers

So that is the best response you can come up with to a variety of points supported by rational argument and evidence?
You've just given up any pretence of reasonable debate, haven't you? Your sole approach in to ignore everything and just shout "Ur Stoopid!!"
Well, good for you.
I like the way you jump to my ‘instruction’ of ‘1,2,3…GO!’ to display your ignorance (again)!! Should I now throw a stick for you to fetch?? I am sorry, I should not have said that. The fact is I do appreciate your quick response to my comments. I wish I could do the same. I am sure this is your full-time job and have nothing else better to do, BUT, I do have other priorities, and responding to ignorance is just NOT my priority, BUT I do read your comments and try to respond to your ignorance whenever I can find the time.

As to your question ‘is this the best response…?’, well, it IS the best response to someone who is ignorant and incapable to think logically and rationally!! Glad you agree.

And stop cracking jokes about you ‘presenting a variety of points supported by rational argument and evidence’, LOL, let me say it again – you have come out with zero-point other than displaying your ignorance and your inability to think logically and rationally.

Let's repeat just one of my points and we'll see if you can respond to it...
I have already responded to your ignorance on this matter but let me respond again just for you… although I am sure you will stick to your ignorance as you have done to all explanations -

Here’s what the Quran said –
"Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those (captives and slaves) whom your right hands possess" - 4:24

"Successful believers; are those who guard their chastity; Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess" - 23:5-6

"O Prophet (Muhammad SAW)! Verily, We have made lawful to you your wives; and those (captives or slaves) whom your right hand possesses - whom Allah has given to you" - 33:50

The key phrase in those verses is whom ‘the right hand possesses’. If Allah permits those female slaves solely to be kept as sex slaves only, then Allah would NOT have to use the phrase ‘whom the right hand possesses’.

I have already explained to you what ‘the right hand possesses’ means, but, knowing you are incapable to think logically and rationally, let me repeat it, although I know it will be a waste of time.

Anyway, ‘what the right hands possessed’ is the reference to the female slaves whom you rightfully and lawfully owned.

Rightfully and lawfully owned’ means these female captives are not (to be made) sex slaves but, to get intimate with them, they must rightfully become one’s wives and that’s what the above verses are saying.

What the ISIS or those so-called Muslim extremists did has nothing to do with Islam, as ISIS, like you, is just as ignorant of the TRUE teaching of Islam. Blaming Islam and God is like blaming the traffic lights for the frequent accidents when it is the motorists who frequently jump the red lights and disregard the traffic rules are the causes of the accidents.