• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were you knowledgeable about Islam and then reject it?

• Total voters

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Coming from an Islamic background, and fully convinced with my faith, I always question how atheists who are usually interested in "scientific evidence" never have the time to study other religions before taking a choice. Science is the study of everything around you. Islam is a spiritual religion that also deals with science. New info to you?

Some of the evolution interpretations may have happened but with the help of a primary cause.
I would like to add: don't learn Islam from Muslims or media learn it from the source. Islam is perfect, Muslims are not!

When you speak of help of a primary (divine) cause, you have already lost.

So, before I go any further on assessing your claim of your religion being scientific friendly: do you accept that humans and gorillas, and carrots, spiders, trees, pigs, etc. share a common ancestor?

Ciao

- viole

love

tri-polar optimist
Coming from an Islamic background, and fully convinced with my faith, I always question how atheists who are usually interested in "scientific evidence" never have the time to study other religions before taking a choice. Science is the study of everything around you. Islam is a spiritual religion that also deals with science. New info to you?

Some of the evolution interpretations may have happened but with the help of a primary cause.
I would like to add: don't learn Islam from Muslims or media learn it from the source. Islam is perfect, Muslims are not!
Is Islam perfect for this life or the next?
It seems to me that a lot of Muslims are in a hurry to get to the next life with little regard for what they can make of the life that exist now.
So many things are prohibited in this life that will be abundant in the next.
Wine will flow in rivers. Men will have sex at any time they desire it even though procreation is no longer needed.
I wonder about women's place in the next life. Are they to be content waiting around to serve the one man? Maybe it's better that being tossed into the fiery pit to suffer unimaginable pain for eternity.
Who's to say that a lot of men will not be women in the next life? Wouldn't that be a kick in the groin.
I say before you send young, disillusioned men out to secure their place in the next life you turn them lose and let them get laid, have a glass of wine, maybe even a ham sandwich. And lay off some of the caffeine.

Last edited:

A Vestigial Mote

I've been approaching a belief for quite a while now... that as soon as man attempts to "organize" his thoughts into a religion, he has already fallen down. There's a reason that people who have already formed their own opinions have a distaste for others prosetylizing - it is an insult to one's intelligence, because people - ALL people - are "good enough" to come to their own opinions and beliefs. I believe there are no absolutes with respect to "spirituality", and no one can stop me from maintaining that belief - nor should they try. Just as I wouldn't stop you from coming to your own beliefs in that arena.

Did you come to your own beliefs?

Hugh of Borg

Show me scientific evidence for your god and I'll be interested; quote me scriptures or books written by ancient dessert dwellers and I'm not impressed.
Science can say nothing about the supernatural because... it is outside of nature (there's a clue in the word)[/QUOTE]

There has to be some kind of Justice.
Rewards for the Good. Punishments for the Bad.
There are many things that Science does not understand, and there are many things Science cannot prove, and there are some things that surprise Science and they have not got a clue how to explain and some people call those things miracles.
But if you do believe then you can understand those kind of things.
Because there is an Intelligence at work.
Sometimes you can only put it down to that.

gnostic

The Lost One
Coming from an Islamic background, and fully convinced with my faith, I always question how atheists who are usually interested in "scientific evidence" never have the time to study other religions before taking a choice.
I am not an atheist, but I must say that you single, long sentence is full of generalisations and stereotypes.

For one. Not all, atheists become scientists.

Some become authors, musicians, artists, librarians, art gallery curators, plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, farmers, fishermen, shopkeepers, accountants, lawyers, politicians, aged care carers, and all other non-scientific trades or professions, which Christians and Muslims can do.

Some might pursue a career in science or related to science, but some don't.

For another, a lot of atheists, don't have any idea how many, were brought up in families, neighbourhood or community of on religion or another.

Some former believers know as much their former religions (e.g. scriptures, teachings, traditions and customs) as any believers. Knowledge don't simply disappeared from their brains once they become "atheist".

If you think those left their religions don't know anything about their former religions, then your reasoning is seriously limited and your attitude is at worse, provincial.

Are you forgetting that some atheists might be former believers?

I don't know why atheists left their religions. I don't know what their purposes for becoming unbelievers. The reasons could varied.

If you truly want to know why they left Islam, their churches or any other religions, then you need to ask them, instead of lumping all atheists together in a neat pile, with your biased generalisations and stereotypes.

Reggie Miller

Science isn't 'the study of everything around you';
Science is 'the study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment'
Unfortunately religious texts are neither physical or natural and say nothing that scientists are interested in.
Show me scientific evidence for your god and I'll be interested; quote me scriptures or books written by ancient dessert dwellers and I'm not impressed.
Science can say nothing about the supernatural because... it is outside of nature (there's a clue in the word)

You're totally secular. If you don't at least try to tap into the spiritual world you never know or believe it exists. We can't prove it scientifically but yes, it exists. It requires faith to experience it, though.

Jedster

You're totally secular. If you don't at least try to tap into the spiritual world you never know or believe it exists. We can't prove it scientifically but yes, it exists. It requires faith to experience it, though.

I cannot think of any reason why anybody should have blind faith, unless they are scared into it as many belief systems do.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I am old enough to have dabbled in the world of faith and I can assure you that the 'spiritual world' was not found.
If it suits you and you believe in it fine but I find it as real as fairies.

gnostic

The Lost One
If it suits you and you believe in it fine but I find it as real as fairies.
Gods to be mean and pompous...you know, like self-righteous.

Fairies, on the other hand, can be mischievous or just as dark as any god, but they are lot more fun at the parties.

Reggie Miller

Not that old excuse.
Faith is a belief in something without evidence. ok so, I lack the ability to believe to believe in things without evidence. Yes, I'll accept that.

Faith is a belief in something without convincing evidence, hope for something not yet seen. It is always based on factual evidence.

Facts: Mohammed wrote the Quran and claimed to be a prophet. Many people who knew him believed that Mohammed was a prophet and that he actually heard the voice of God. Because of these facts people have faith in Islam.

You are defining blind faith, which is ridiculous. Blind faith is belief in unicorns because nobody has ever seen a unicorn or encountered one or even encountered the skeleton of one. Belief in unicorns is blind faith because it is based on a belief in something of which there is zero basis of factual evidence to support that belief.