• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam and idolatry

asa120

soory aboute the long poste and the bad typing but thise should respond to youre question
in islam the conecpt of one god is the base of islam the concept that ther is onlt one god almghy and all powerful all hearing all knowing and ther rest is his creathurs thy have noo power noo will only with god decision the
unification of god is the base of islamique belife and the concpet of peace with in is based on it
idolatry is e huge problemes in islam and there is no forgiveness for it
almighty allah could forgive the human on anny think ,,,,murder, adultry ,anny think you think of,,,but idolatry
there is the big idolatry and the smal idolatry and they both dont have forgivness but the small idolaty alot of ppl get confused in it
the big idolatry is worshiping other think as gods critian prayer to jesus and the holy spirite or is considered as idolatry or worshîping idols
the small idolatry thise is what confuse even some muslims from it s forms
1 praying saints to pray to in islam no one have the power or the decision only but god no matter whe he is
2 praying to the profets thise is worng to even to mohamed but the profets have e think call shfaha
shafaha mean the profets will ask forgivness of god to there folowers and god will geve them that
so mulisms when ask mohamed in du3a is that god give *him his place and the greatest human bieng and the leaders of all the profets ever exists and whengod give him that and mohamed will ask god to forgive us and god will
3 fonding house of worhip on graves of goog man thise is worng too

remember thise is the worste act that e human could ever do the worste and god will not give them forgivness and thy will not have mursy of god
and the reason why it s forbidenn is because it s unfaire to god the almaigthy the all powerful he is the only one worthy of worship and no one elese after he create us from nothink and he give us the mind e guidance
remember in islam the only chosen creature that have the mind and have the fredom of choise is human all creation of god worship him night and day only human have the choise to eather worship him or not
it s unfaire to human bieng to worship other figurs of stonss and wood powrlees and beneath him and he is the chosen creacther with the mind or worship other human bieng equal to him and there is e very scrarry practice related to the practice of idolatry
when ibrahim came to his nation he fond them slaying there older child to those gods
when mohamed came to the arabs the arabs used to burry there daugthers when thy just get born
and untill now ther is e very scraary activitys in south asia where thy still have thise forms of worship

in thailand thy have e very bad practice where there is considered for having luck from there god thy have sex with vergin girls wish reult in hge problemes of raping yang girls
the core of ibrahamique religion cristianity , judaimse and islam is to believe in god and to worship non but him and to fear the laste day the day when we all face judjement for our actions

Last edited:

muslim-

In summary, the main messege of Islam, and all prophets, is to eliminate the middle man between the person and God, and to worship Him, and call for Him directly.

This is the #1 most important element in the messege of Islam. Calling unto anyone other than God, is considered polythyism. Idol worshippers at the time of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, only took them as "intercessors".

Some Sufis and Shias today go to the graves of the dead and ask them for help instead of God. "Oh Jilani please cure my wife and let her get pregnant", "Oh Ali help me through my hardship". This also, is shirk (polytheism), and against the most basic and important message in Islam, which is eliminating the role of "the middle man".

It doesnt make a big difference if its an idol, a shrine built over the grave of a dead person, as long as they call for them instead of calling for the God that created them.

ngupta

title used by customer
In summary, the main messege of Islam, and all prophets, is to eliminate the middle man between the person and God, and to worship Him, and call for Him directly.

This is the #1 most important element in the messege of Islam. Calling unto anyone other than God, is considered polythyism. Idol worshippers at the time of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, only took them as "intercessors".

Some Sufis and Shias today go to the graves of the dead and ask them for help instead of God. "Oh Jilani please cure my wife and let her get pregnant", "Oh Ali help me through my hardship". This also, is shirk (polytheism), and against the most basic and important message in Islam, which is eliminating the role of "the middle man".

It doesnt make a big difference if its an idol, a shrine built over the grave of a dead person, as long as they call for them instead of calling for the God that created them

What verses of the Quran are there that codemns or gives advice/understanding against this wrong practice?

muslim-

What verses of the Quran are there that codemns or gives advice/understanding against this wrong practice?

So you are a Sunni/Salafi huh? :) (kidding, its a very good thing, and Sunnis are known to always ask for evidence and not just accept any statement that is said.)

Theres so many, in both Qur'aan and Sunnah, but here are some...

"And they have said (to each other), abandon not your gods : abandon neither Wadd for Suwa, neither Yaguth not Yauq".

Bukhari quoted Ibn Abbas as saying that "The above names were those of pious men among the people of Noah. When these pious men died, Satan suggested to the people of Noah that they erect statues of those pious men in their homes and call the statues by these pious men's names. Thus, people did so, but did not worship the statues. The statues, however, in later generations become idols to be worshipped."

Ibn-ul-Qaiyim said "Noah's people were led to idolatry because they aggrandized their dead by sculpturing their images. Such is the case with most idolaters." (15) Some were made to worship stars, as they believed that stars are influential elements in the universe. Later, they built shrines, appointed gate keepers and custodians and fixed offerings and rites for the stars. The same method still continues, apparently originating from the Sabians, the people of Abraham. Abraham (peace be upon him) argued with his people pointing out to them the falsehood of idolatry. He silenced them with arguments and shattered their idols. Consequently, his people demanded that he be set on fire.

"We noticed that some people made statues of the moon, thinking that the moon controlled the world and, thus, deserved worship. The Magians, adherents of Mazdaism, worship fire; they make many shrines for it and appoint caretakers who do not allow the flame to die out for a single moment. Some groups worship water, believing that it is the origin and source of everything. Other groups worship animals, like horses or cows. Others have worshipped men, alive or dead, while still others have worshipped jinn, trees or angel.(

The Qur'aan says about idol-worshipers..

"Say : who is it that sustains you (in life) from the sky and from earth? Or who is it that has power over hearing and sight? And what is it that brings the living from the dead and the dead from the living? And who is it that rules and regulates all affairs? They will soon say, Allah. Say : Will you not then show piety to Him'' Yunus 10 : 31.

So they did know Allah, but they just took idols as intercessors.

"If indeed, you ask them who is it that created the heavens and the earth, they would be sure to say, 'Allah'. Say : See you then the things that you invoke besides Allah? Can they, if Allah wills some penalty for me, remove His penalty ? Or if He will some grace for me, can they keep back His grace ?" Zumar 39 : 38.

"They worship, besides Allah, things that neither hurt them nor profit them. And they say : these are our intercessors with Allah." Yunus 10:18.

About the people of prophet Hud, the Quran says, "They said, You came to us, that we may worship Allah alone and give up the cult of our fathers?" The people of prophet Saleh said, "Do you forbid us the worship of what our fathers worshipped?"

"And I follow the ways of my fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob : Never could we attribute any partners whatsoever to Allah; that comes of the grace of Allah to us and to mankind, yet most men are ungrateful." Yousuf (Joseph) j9 38

The people of Abraham, after they were silenced by argument, said, as stated in the Holy Quran "...We worship idols and we remain constantly in attendance on them. (Abraham) said, ‘Do they listen to you when you call on them or they do you good or harm?’ They said, Nay, but we found our fathers doing." 26 : 70-74.

"Say: O people of the Book! Come to a word that is just and fair between us and you, that we shall worship none but God and that we shall associate no partner along with Him, and that we shall not take others as lords besides God. Then if they turn away, say: Bear witness that we are Muslims." Soorah Aal 'lmraan 3:64.

"And the God to be worshipped is only one God. None has the right to be worshipped except Him, the Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy."

"Do not take two objects of worship. Indeed, Almighty God is the only Deity to be worshipped, so fear Him."

"Whosoever calls upon (i.e. supplicates or prays to) other than God, for which he has no proof, then his reckoning is only with his Lord. Indeed the disbelievers will not be successful."

"And ask those of our Messengers whom we sent before you: 'Did We ever appoint objects of worship besides the Most Merciful?"

We have not sent before you from the Messengers, except We inspired to him that He is the only One worthy of worship, so worship Him. [21:25]

Say: Verily I call to my Lord and I do not ascribe any partners to Him at all. [72:20]

muslim-

Also, one of the most important suras in the Qur'aan

Say (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)): "He is Allah, (the) One. "Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need). "He begets not, nor was He begotten;Nor is there to Him any equivalent." (Surah 112)