• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam: Ahmadi Muslims

goraya15

This is just a question out to all muslims out there. Do you think that Ahmadi's who follow Mirza Ghulam Ahmad are not Muslim's? If you do, why? I'd like to know the exact reasons why there is such a general prejudice against them in the Muslim world.

For those who don't know who Ahmadi Muslims are, the web link is www.alislam.org

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
I think they're as Muslim as Mormons are Christian - a lot of the frills are the same, but fundamentally they're really quite different.

AbuQuteiba

goraya15 said:
This is just a question out to all muslims out there. Do you think that Ahmadi's who follow Mirza Ghulam Ahmad are not Muslim's? If you do, why? I'd like to know the exact reasons why there is such a general prejudice against them in the Muslim world.

For those who don't know who Ahmadi Muslims are, the web link is www.alislam.org

In Islam, only the scholar's can call a certain person a non-Muslim. But after looking over the site you posted, i would say that these people are very much, or this sect., has gone astray from the true path of Islam. Just as the Sufi's, Shi'a, etc. have. And the founder thats calling himself the Messiah, or the Mahdi, is lying.

ayani

may i post as a non-muslim? to me, the Ahmadi are muslims. they follow the Quran, believe in the unity of Allah, and assert the prophethood of Mohammed. they are different from most other Muslims, but i would still, as a non-Muslim, consider them within the Islamic fold.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
gracie said:
may i post as a non-muslim? to me, the Ahmadi are muslims. they follow the Quran, believe in the unity of Allah, and assert the prophethood of Mohammed. they are different from most other Muslims, but i would still, as a non-Muslim, consider them within the Islamic fold.

I wouldn't contradict that view. I consider Mormons to be in the Christian fold.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I personally have a great respect for Ahmadi Muslims- all their teachings revolve around peace and nonviolence. They strive for knowledge and reject jihad of the sword for jihad of the pen and are against terrorism and violence in any form and for any reason.

The first and only Paki Muslim to recieve a Nobel Peace prize was an Ahmadi Muslim from my country, Pakistan. His name was Abdus Salam. Pakistan was formed so recently and could have been such a great nation- but instead they decided to turn to fundementalist readings of Islam and repress its people and knowledge. He could have been such a great role model for the children to look up to and to strive to be like him, but they shunned him because of his religion. They rejected his offer of the prize money to build schools. It's disgusting. Instead of being a part of the growing scientific community in the world and being highly respected Pakistan has decided to go with blood feuds over religion and tribal warlords and opression.

It just makes me livid.

AbuQuteiba

jamaesi said:
I personally have a great respect for Ahmadi Muslims- all their teachings revolve around peace and nonviolence. They strive for knowledge and reject jihad of the sword for jihad of the pen and are against terrorism and violence in any form and for any reason.

Yet they reject many parts of the Qur'an, authentic hadeeth, and they lie. So, yeah. Plus, Jihad is very much part of Islam. I don't think you need a rocket scientist to figure that out. Especially after reading the Qur'an.

Al Salamu Alaikum