• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISKCON Swami Kadamba Kanana Maharaja passes away

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Swami had been battling Colon Cancer, and had given up hope.

He left the mortal world having observed fasting, it seems, for nearly 2 weeks (as much as I know).

Swami passed away on 9th March 2023.

I think Swami was brave.

In one of his videos, Swami exclaims:

"From time and again, I encounter people who tell me with so much compassion in their eyes - 'Swami, I am praying for you!'.
And I smile and reply back to them, "I too am praying for YOU!" "

Saluting the Vaishnava Thakur. Hope he has reached Goloka, the abode of Krishna, by now.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Hope he has reached Goloka, the abode of Krishna, by now.
Well, in Kali Yuga "repeating the Lords Name (any one you choose) with Love", is sufficient to reach the Lord.

The ISCON followers I met told me in ISCON they are advised to chant the Lords Name 16 rounds of 108 beats.

So, it seems to me, that He will have reached Krishna

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Well, in Kali Yuga "repeating the Lords Name (any one you choose) with Love", is sufficient to reach the Lord.

The ISCON followers I met told me in ISCON they are advised to chant the Lords Name 16 rounds of 108 beats.

So, it seems to me, that He will have reached Krishna
Yup, I too chant 16 rounds of mahamantra a day, a practice I've started recently.

I was just wondering if Swami would have reached Goloka in a week's time, as usually the soul is supposed to travel a whole year after death to reach any destination, for that matter.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Swami had been battling Colon Cancer, and had given up hope.

He left the mortal world having observed fasting, it seems, for nearly 2 weeks (as much as I know).

Swami passed away on 9th March 2023.

I think Swami was brave.

In one of his videos, Swami exclaims:

"From time and again, I encounter people who tell me with so much compassion in their eyes - 'Swami, I am praying for you!'.
And I smile and reply back to them, "I too am praying for YOU!" "

Saluting the Vaishnava Thakur. Hope he has reached Goloka, the abode of Krishna, by now.
My Guru did the same thing. He had advanced intestinal cancer. It's an ancient tradition: Prayopavesa - Wikipedia

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe

Above there is the Swami's last message. I heard him leading kirtan a couple of times in my local Hare Krishna temple and I was impressed by his amazing charisma which even shines through in his last message. He is with Krishna and Lord Chaitanya now where hopefully there will be amazing kirtans forever.:rose: