• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISIS beheads Street Magician

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
For some reason this story has disturbed me more than any of the other degradations to humanity already reported on and witnessed by victims of Islamic extremism. No doubt, in a scale of sheer brutality and disconnect to the very sense of what distingushes a human from a rabid hyena, the other acts such as against innocent little girls by ISIS exceeds this, but I cannot explain how this one truly effected me, such that ... well, there are no words for it. Maybe I identify with him, maybe I don't know why.

But this incident was the last straw for me, my soul now is sure, any "religion" that would do this in the name of it's "religion" is almost certainly beyond repair.

His name, as known to those children and adults alike, was simply "Sorcerer". He was a street magician in Syria.

He would make coins "disappear".

His impromptu performance with little wooden blocks or sticks, chicken feathers, would delight the children. He was a makeshift celebrity with those in the surrounding towns, he gave them joy.

He was an illusionist. In words, motion, with his eyes, hands, the turn of the card. He never said anything against Islam, just doing those amazing little tricks, adding laughs to those watching, the pause, the turn of the word, then the magic moment.

He was on some street in the capital of ISIS, in Raqqa, Syria. Doing his magic. Before a crowd.

Then they just came up to him. ISIS "soldiers". They put their hands on his sholders, he was stunned, then they dragged him and took him to the public square. And told him, held by jackals, that he violated Islam's law that says idle entertainment is forbidden. Then they proceeded to cut his head off.

For doing magic tricks.

Illusions.

I love you Sorcerer. Show me your dice.

******* these ********.

ISIS behead street magician for entertaining crowds in Syria with his tricks - Mirror Online

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member

This infuriates me on a rather personal level. I do magic. Not nearly good enough to do it as anything but a hobby, but I enjoy it. This..is beyond the pale.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
OMG!

Why am I so upset about this? I read the article. This makes me very angry! It's only one person and this kind of stuff happens to people every day in some Muslim country but this really pisses me off :(

He did nothing against Islam. He was a talented man bringing joy and cheer to the locals in a very depressing and war torn part of the world.

Even the local barber shops have been closed down to prevent men cutting
their beards.

Taxi drivers face a flogging if they take a longer route on a journey as this would use up time the occupants could spend in a mosque. Are you kidding me???

What a crock! IF I were living in that country I'd let them lop my head off rather than live in such miserable conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooky

Veteran Member
For some reason this story has disturbed me more than any of the other degradations to humanity already reported on and witnessed by victims of Islamic extremism. No doubt, in a scale of sheer brutality and disconnect to the very sense of what distingushes a human from a rabid hyena, the other acts such as against innocent little girls by ISIS exceeds this, but I cannot explain how this one truly effected me, such that ... well, there are no words for it. Maybe I identify with him, maybe I don't know why.

But this incident was the last straw for me, my soul now is sure, any "religion" that would do this in the name of it's "religion" is almost certainly beyond repair.

His name, as known to those children and adults alike, was simply "Sorcerer". He was a street magician in Syria.

He would make coins "disappear".

His impromptu performance with little wooden blocks or sticks, chicken feathers, would delight the children. He was a makeshift celebrity with those in the surrounding towns, he gave them joy.

He was an illusionist. In words, motion, with his eyes, hands, the turn of the card. He never said anything against Islam, just doing those amazing little tricks, adding laughs to those watching, the pause, the turn of the word, then the magic moment.

He was on some street in the capital of ISIS, in Raqqa, Syria. Doing his magic. Before a crowd.

Then they just came up to him. ISIS "soldiers". They put their hands on his sholders, he was stunned, then they dragged him and took him to the public square. And told him, held by jackals, that he violated Islam's law that says idle entertainment is forbidden. Then they proceeded to cut his head off.

For doing magic tricks.

Illusions.

I love you Sorcerer. Show me your dice.

******* these ********.

ISIS behead street magician for entertaining crowds in Syria with his tricks - Mirror Online

But Christians.