• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ishvara Gita

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste - I just discovered this book and ordered it online:
$_35.JPG

ISVARA GITA by Andrew J. Nicholson (translation by)
ISBN-10: 1438451008
Publication Jan 1st 2015
ENGLISH
It was JUST published in ENGLISH in on January 1st 2015 this year!
I have NEVER read the "Ishvara Gita" and am very excited, has anyone read the original Sanskrit? Or can tell me about it???

It is described as:
While the Bhagavad Gita is an acknowledged treasure of world spiritual literature, few people know a parallel text, the Isvara Gita . This lesser-known work is also dedicated to a God, but in this case it is Siva, rather than Krsna, Who is depicted as the Omniscient Creator of the World.

It appears it is a Tantrik book? It appears it actually aligns both Shiva and Vishu? (e.g. further description: "It deals with pluralistic religious environment ... through an exploration of the Relationship between God Siva and Vishnu" (!!!!!)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Gita has become a generic name after BhagawadGita. Many have written their own and some are good. Even three chapters of my own 'Bhilla Geeta' are ready. I posted a line from it a few days ago (What an aboriginal advises to a fugitive Rajasthan king, Maharana Pratap, who was fighting the dominance of the Moghul emperor Akbar).

amis-300x1893.jpg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I started, but faltered. Others will try in future. :D
What I mean is that many people have followed BhagawadGita to write books with their views, some are good (Ashtavakra Gita, etc.), some may just be trash.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I have just received a copy of a Kashmiri Ramayana. This was tranlated into English from a Kashmiri author of that version of the Kashmiri Ramayana from the 1930s.

It was hardbound. It contains details or nuances not in Valmiki.

Then right after this I found an earlier Kashmiri Ramayana. Some the same. But also different. With different nuances. From about 1901.

Then I found another Kashmiri Ramayana translated into English from yet another Kashmiri. From the 1800s. Same. But also different, that is different nuances. Different intriguing "trivia".

I think this is as far back as it goes to English translations of the Kashmiri Ramayana. But there must be many, old versions in Kashmiri but never translated. Each the same but different.

There are more Ramayanas than there are different colors to gems and shades from one gem the same color to the next tbe same color, and light goes through them differently depending on how the gem is cut. But when a gem is found in the dirt, one cannot help but cut it. Few are uncut.

Even I am writing a Ramayana. Just as you a Gita.

There are many Gitas, now I see that.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Summed up well by the producer of the TV serial 'Ramayana', Ramanand Sagar (the quote must be from Ram Charit Manas):

"Hari Ananta, Hari Katha Ananta" (The Lord is infinite, so are the stories about the Lord).
Ramayanas exist in all Indian languages apart from Kashmiri. :D
(Note: Something for you regarding your MIL in the other thread)