• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isaiah 53 and Human Sin

101G

Can you find anything anywhere in the OT where God changes an eternal covenant?
only the one he made now, and not the first one..... (smile),

that's why it's two covenant..... because the Old one You all BROKE. Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"

101G.

rosends

ERROR

ERROR again. the one's which was scattered. James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." AND, 1 Peter 1:1 "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia," 1 Peter 1:2 "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."
101G.
So you are supporting your point by citing unrelated verses from a separate and useless set of texts. Great. Thanks.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
ERROR new is different a Change, try again

101G.

It's not true. It really doesn't matter to me if you deny it.

New is something from nothing. Go back to Gen 1 and look at all those new things created. The plants did not change the anmals, the animals did not change the luminaries... 7 days of creation... each new creation was added, but did not change or replace the others.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

that's why it's two covenant..... because the Old one You all BROKE. Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"

101G.

They broke it. God is not them. God does not break or change and eternal covenant.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

101G.

Please reread the question. I asked can you find anything anywhere in the OT where God changes an eternal covenant?

God is changing it. That's the important detail. That's the challenge.

101G

so in other words, it isn't in that psalm. Thanks for confirming!
ERROR, Jesus is in the psalms and everywhere else. notice 101G said "JESUS", (smile), our Saviour ...... My Salvation. the Ordinal First of the OT, and the Ordinal Last in the NT.

101G.

101G

New is something from nothing.
ERROR, a new Car, is a Car, just better than the ........ OLD Car.... (smile). scripture, Hebrews 8:6 "But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises."
The plants did not change the anmals, the animals did not change the luminaries... 7 days of creation... each new creation was added, but did not change or replace the others.
see above.

101G.
Psalms 89:35

My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word which was issued from my lips.

Nor Alter.
God didn't U Did.
They broke it. God is not them. God does not break or change and eternal covenant.
see above,,,, (smile).... ALL OF U..... Y O U.
Please reread the question. I asked can you find anything anywhere in the OT where God changes an eternal covenant?

God is changing it. That's the important detail. That's the challenge.
did U not READ my Post? was the First Covenant Eternal? noe that's why the NEW ONE, which is ETERNAL which is a "BINDING" covenant which neither U nor I or God can break. again see Genesis 49:10.... (smile). this is just too easy.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
ERROR, a new Car, is a Car, just better than the ........ OLD Car.... (smile). scripture, Hebrews 8:6 "But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises."

That doesn't say that the old car was changed. There's obviously 2 cars there. And the quote from Hebrews is claiming there's something better for Christians, that's great! I'm happy for you. It doesn't change or replace the previous promise.

You can deny Gen 1 if you want. But the fact remains, the animals did not replace or change the plants.

God didn't U Did.

I can change God's eternal covenant? Sorry, that doesn't work either. You're denying scripture. Why? What purpose does this serve? You can have your covenant, I can have my covenant. Peace on earth is acheived. The bickering ends. We all move on.

see above,,,, (smile).... ALL OF U..... Y O U.

If I accept it, whole heartedly.

did U not READ my Post? was the First Covenant Eternal? nope

That's a lie, 101G. May you speedily recover.

that's why the NEW ONE, which is ETERNAL which is a "BINDING" covenant which neither U nor I or God can break. again see Genesis 49:10.... (smile). this is just too easy.

101G.

I agree. It's easy. So why argue?

101G

That doesn't say that the old car was changed.
obsolete, meaning REPLACED, (smile).....lol, lol, lol. Oh dear.
There's obviously 2 cars there.
listen and Learn, Hebrews 8:7 "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second." Hebrews 8:8 "For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:" Hebrews 8:9 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord." Hebrews 8:10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" Hebrews 8:11 "And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest." Hebrews 8:12 "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." Hebrews 8:13 "In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

so no, there is not two covenants. just one.

now the CHANGE,
Hebrews 7:11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?" READ THAT AGAIN). Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law." Hebrews 7:13 "For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar." Hebrews 7:14 "For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood." Hebrews 7:15 "And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest," Hebrews 7:16 "Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life." Hebrews 7:17 "For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec." Hebrews 7:18 "For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof." Hebrews 7:19 "For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God." Hebrews 7:20 "And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:" Hebrews 7:21 "(For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)" Hebrews 7:22 "By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament." Hebrews 7:23 "And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:" Hebrews 7:24 "But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood." Hebrews 7:25 "Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:26 "For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;" Hebrews 7:27 "Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself." Hebrews 7:28 "For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore."

NEXT, the Levitical priesthood.... out the door, in with a new and better priesthood with and EVERLASTING COVENANT

101G.

101G

101G said:

dybmh said, That's a lie, 101G. May you speedily recover.

if a LIE, why the ANOTHER .... NEW COVENANT?

your answer please.

101G.

101G

Just as Isaiah said, Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?"
all none believers. we have a NEW COVENANT, yet many are none believers. we, ..... (who are saved) are not under the OT Law. why 101G?
1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, (PLEASE READ THAT AGAIN). but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,"
1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

that for all NONE BELIEVERS, Isaiah 53:1a "Who hath believed our report? " ..... o_O YIKES!

Hebrews 4:2 "For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it." Hebrews 4:3 "For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world." Hebrews 4:4 "For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works." Hebrews 4:5 "And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest." Hebrews 4:6 "Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:"

101G.

101G

@dybmh,
my friend, where are those scriptures. one need not Jesus if the dead been raise, ect...... if you have posted it, I just did not see it. if you did, just give me the post number

thanks in advance.

101G,

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
obsolete, meaning REPLACED, (smile).....lol, lol, lol. Oh dear.

The covenant God made with the Jewish people isn't obsolete. That's all.

listen and Learn, Hebrews 8:7 "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second." Hebrews 8:8 "For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:" Hebrews 8:9 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord." Hebrews 8:10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" Hebrews 8:11 "And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest." Hebrews 8:12 "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." Hebrews 8:13 "In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

Oh. Paul's opinion simply doesn't match what's written about the covenant God made with the Jewish people. God didn't make the covenant with the Jewish people old. Paul is notorious for skipping scripture, looking for loopholes. Look, we're talking about Jeremiah 33, here's what God says:

Verse 7-8 + 14
And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.​
And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, in which they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, in which they have sinned, and in which they have transgressed against me.​
Behold, the days come, says the Lord, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.​

Notice, the promise will be upheld, regardless of the transgressions.

Now pay attention here, this one is phased in the negative.

Verse 20
Thus says the Lord; If you can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;​
I can't change day and night. No one can do that.

Verse 21

Then also my covenant with David my servant may be broken, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.​
Since no one can change day and night, then also no one can break God's covenant with David on the throne, and with the Levite priests.

Verse 22

As the host of heaven cannot be counted, nor the sand of the sea measured; so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites who minister to me.​
There you have it. The levitical covenant, the throne of David, all of God's covenants do not age and wax away and vanish. The book of Hebrews is a lie. It's right there in the chapter that some person is attempting to reverse and unwind God's promise. May God have mercy on their soul.

so no, there is not two covenants. just one.

It's not true. Why do you want it to be true? I think if you examine this motivation, it comes from someplace unholy.

now the CHANGE,
Hebrews 7:11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?"

We can stop here. The scripture is being flipped. The story of Malchi-tzedek occured long before the levites were inagurated. Done. Again, The book of Hebrews is simply wrong. It is not bringing word of God.

NEXT, the Levitical priesthood.... out the door, in with a new and better priesthood with and EVERLASTING COVENANT

What ever holy nation and priests were established after the death of Jesus they do not have any relevance to any Jewish person.

Deuteronomy 22:9
You shall not sow your vineyard with different seeds; lest the fruit of your seed which you have sown, and the fruit of your vineyard, be defiled.​

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@dybmh,
my friend, where are those scriptures. one need not Jesus if the dead been raise, ect...... if you have posted it, I just did not see it. if you did, just give me the post number

thanks in advance.

101G,

Oh! 1 Kings 17:17-22. I'm surprised you needed this.

101G

The covenant God made with the Jewish people isn't obsolete. That's all.
listen, please LISTEN, there is no more "NATURAL" Jewish people of God...... natural according to the Flesh. Romans 9:6 "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Romans 9:7 "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called." Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

so, who is a JEW? Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:" Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
101G said:

dybmh said, That's a lie, 101G. May you speedily recover.

if a LIE, why the ANOTHER .... NEW COVENANT?

your answer please.

101G.

The law will not need to be taught. Essentially, the original covenant will be easier for the Jewish people. It will be a blessing.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
listen, please LISTEN, there is no more "NATURAL" Jewish people of God...... natural according to the Flesh. Romans 9:6 "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Romans 9:7 "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called." Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

so, who is a JEW? Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:" Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

101G.

Sorry, Romans is a person's opinion. If it was written by the same person as Hebrews, then there is no reason for me to believe it.

I'll tell you what. I'll go read Romans chapter 2 and chapter 9, and see if there is anything real in it.