• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is your God male or female?

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
My God is Male, but out of respect for everyone, I'll leave it at that. I want to get your thoughts, or is your God gender neutral? Again: None of my business, but I'm a curious cat.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
My G-d is male. I find Him easier to relate to that way.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
My God is Male, but out of respect for everyone, I'll leave it at that. I want to get your thoughts, or is your God gender neutral? Again: None of my business, but I'm a curious cat.

My God is our genetic code's creator whose gender or lack thereof is unknown to me. One of the very few things I know about our genetic code's creator is this intelligence understands base-10 math as evident by how the numeric and semantic message of "037", which apparently is embedded in our genetic coding, gets conveyed to me who also understands the base-ten mathematical system.

Reference: V.I. shCherbak, M.A. Makukov, The “Wow! signal” of the terrestrial genetic code,
Icarus , 12 February 2013. http://earth-chronicles.ru/Publications_12/35/64182102-1-s2.0-s0019103513000791-main.pdf

Last edited:

epronovost

From my knowledge and perspective the majority of deities are anthropomorphic both in mind and body and most of these anthropomorphic deities are male. In my opinion this is to mirror the hierarchies of patriarchal societies with a mature man at the head of the hierarchy.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It depends on how I am approaching the divine and what I am hoping to accomplish. Both aspects are equally represented in my belief. But they are not blended together, the two opposing aspects compliment each other, remain somewhat independent, but still are part of the same one G-d.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I try to use the gender a specific god is assigned by its/her/his/their followers. I use the neutral gender for a generic god. E.g. I use "he" with Thor, Zeus or YHVH, "she" for Hel, Gaia or Aphrodite and "it"/"they" for El/Elohim or other creator gods. Sometimes it isn't that easy as some gods are gender fluid like Loki who is usually male but also the mother of Sleipnir.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We have all kinds of Gods and Goddesses, male, female. in-betweens, as well as neutral.

wellwisher

There are two principles, which are matter and spirit. The female principle is connected to matter, while the male principle is connected to spirit. Matter is the physical and tangible material world. Matter can be acted upon by spirit; energy and force to create new diversity of material form. Spirit is the creative principle connected to time and change within matter. This is why God is understood to be male; creative principle leads the change within matter; evolution.

The spirit of change is like a blue print for a house. This can exist even before any lumber and building supplies are purchased (before any matter is in motion). You need matter to go from blue print to house, but without the blue print, the matter would stay in the lumberyard. It gets in motion when acted upon by the ethereal spirit of the purchase order connected to the blue print.

This ancient symbolism comes from biology reproduction and what could be called the brain child. In biological reproduction the female is the matter which contains all the logistics for a baby; lumber yard. However, it takes the spirit of the sperm to set this matter into motion.

The brain child is the creative output of the mind; spirit. It begins as electronic signals in the brain and memory which can, at times, be transferred to reality and matter. This can alter matter into new states of matter. Both aspects are important. As the spirit acts upon the matter, matter gains news states; house, which then offers an evolving material capacitance, for further creative change.

The Catholic Church has both Jesus and Mary to represent both principles woking together. The spirit of God acted upon Mary to form her material child Jesus. The material child Jesus was now matter, which was further acted upon by the spirit. This spirit of transformation in Jesus also acted upon Mary, and she also changed into the bride of the lamb; evolving symbiosis of spirit and material capacitance.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
There are two principles, which are matter and spirit. The female principle is connected to matter, while the male principle is connected to spirit.
Respectful question:

Is this Catholicism or your personal belief? It's fascinating because we speak about matter and spirit in Judaism as well.

But for us, the masculine is coarse and aloof. and the feminine is more spiritual.... by far.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I get along with women better than men

Men want that …...one up on you routine
alpha male
my arms are bigger than your arms
blah …..blah …..blah

God as female...?????

oh yeah

would I like to kiss my God...????

oh yeah

what a pair of eyes...….!!!!!

Earthtank

You question and it's answer are both illogical and irrational. Without going too deep in the details, that fact that your god is male means your god is human therefore, NOT a god. God, as most would say is independent of everything, the fact that your god is male and human means he needs food and must go relieve himself therefore, not making him independent as he depends on food (like you and I do).

epronovost

that fact that your god is male means your god is human therefore, NOT a god.

Plenty of animals are male or female outside of humans and if you count secondary and tertiary gender characteristics, plenty of creatures/things have genders. (example: Optimus Prime is a giant transforming robot. He doesn't have a sex, though, due to his voice, his silouette, manerism, etc. He is identified and identify himself to the male gender)

Earthtank

Plenty of animals are male or female outside of humans and if you count secondary and tertiary gender characteristics, plenty of creatures/things have genders. (example: Optimus Prime is a giant transforming robot. He doesn't have a sex, though, due to his voice, his silouette, manerism, etc. He is identified and identify himself to the male gender)
Trolls out for the holiday season?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
My God is genderless

Although I call him "him"

As that is how he is most widely known