• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Your Education in STEM or the Humanities?

Which field did/do you study?

• STEM

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • The humanities

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I never went to university

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Note: For the purpose of this poll, business counts as a degree in the humanities rather than STEM.

The poll is anonymous.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Im going for a degree in early childhood education. Dont know where that falls

Orbit

I'm a planet
Good question. Most sources I've come across seem to consider them a part of the humanities, although I think there's no universal agreement on what category they fall under.

In the U.S., Humanities is separate from Social Science, and from Fine Arts

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I put down STEM because I have a chemistry degree. I could have put down humanities for my psychology degree. But throw out my answer since I could not put both down.

Viker

Häxan
Business and economics kinda fall under STEM. So, yep. Advanced economics, what I considered, isn't exactly humanities. Both are math based. So, business could actually be both STEM and humanities. I admit, I am currently drinking. Fortunately, I am not getting back on my enduro any time soon. Can't see it in the dark. :p

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Since you have no choice for both, or social science, then I will just say here...both... but to be totally honest it is better divided between STEM and Social Science...but there are a lot of humanities in there too

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
My degree is in Anthropology.

"Anthropology is both the most scientific of the humanities and the most humanistic of the sciences." - Eric Wolf (1964). Anthropology uses the tools of the natural sciences and the tools of the humanities in order to understand all aspects of human life.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The fact is after I got my degree in Anthropology I went out and got a job in computer repair. :confused:

Still I think the degree was valuable to me, just not financially.

My first boss in IT in State government had a PhD in Geology.... from Harvard... he was a computer programmer for the state

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My first boss in IT in State government had a PhD in Geology.... from Harvard... he was a computer programmer for the state

I had a cartoon showing Quasimodo in a bell tower reading a book "My career in computers" back in the day. It was funny and it was true.