• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is your Biblical interpretation valid?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
angellous_evangellous said:
There is a difference in what the words say and what God is trying to say. One is interpretation of Scripture, which is understanding the written or recorded words. The Scriptures simply are not written in our langauge or for our culture or for our historical time period. If you want to interpret the Bible, you must either be educated in the art/science of interpretation or read several others who have that education to actually interpret the Bible.

The other is a supernatural encounter that no interpreter can measure with any tool. God is wholly and utterly unreachable by any human effort. By God's grace, and God's grace alone is any of us able to receive anything from God on any level. This is not biblical interpretation but an encounter with the divine.
Okay. Thanks for breaking it down for me.

But I still feel differently.:D

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
NetDoc said:
All of us see scripture through a distorted perspective. It's like trying on someone else's glasses who have the exact opposite prescription.

You think you have a grip on the situation, but all you really have are the "warm fuzzies". So you increase your determination and have a go at it again: yet your vision worsens as you force the perspective.

The path to revelation and wisdom has at it's core humility, submission and a deep love. No room for warm fuzzies here. It's never easy or pleasant and involves a constant change of your character and core values. There is no rest as you attempt to clear the scales from your eyes and see yourself with a vivid clarity. The picture is never pretty and the changes seem insurmountable.

This path has no end, but it does have quite a number of detours and many of those are dead ends. Once you stop being challenged or changing, you have to find your way back to the path.
I likie...:)
Trouble is that no one wants to take off their glasses. Perhaps God forsaw this and by giving us a bias called Tradition...:D

Dentonz

jonny said:
I've come to realize that *most* of the debates between Christians on these forums come down to whose interpretation of the Bible is more valid. Here's your chance to prove once and for all why you're right!!!

Why is your interpretation of the Bible more valid than "my" interpretation of the Bible?

NOTE: "MY" could be anyone. This thread isn't to debate the validity of any particular religion. Just demonstrate that your interpretation is more valid than anyone else's interpretation.
Just because God reveals himself differently to people doesn't mean that one is more 'right' than the other. But you have to allow God to reveal himself to you not just follow some other persons teaching. But there are universal truths that God has given us in the Bible that all "Christians" believe. Jesus is the Christ, who died for our sin and was ressurected and now sits at the right hand of power, and will return as King of kings and Lord of lords.

A

angellous_evangellous

dawny0826 said:
Okay. Thanks for breaking it down for me.

But I still feel differently.:D
* angellous sings "Feelings" *

You're welcome. Happy reading...

may

i like the NWT because it gets back to the original meanings, so i can get an accurate knowledge of what God is saying, and then i will not be in the dark;) i will be enlightened instead,

(Proverbs 4:18) But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established

(Daniel 12:4) "And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.................. and it has .a great translation to get the true knowledge out there,for those who want to read it, i know i do