• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Yahweh or Allah showing better behavior than the Pagan Deities, Demons, or atheists?

Is Yahweh in Scripture less guilty than the average atheist, god/goddess, pagan, or Demon?

• Yes, I assume, in my opinion

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No, I would assume, in my opinion

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
The Bible has lead to crusades and inquisitions
If only that were so, then we'd have such a simple solution to improve life.

Sadly, it's never a religious text that causes human evils, as we can see in countless evils done without any religious text being even pretended to be referenced.

Whether it's claimed to be done in the name of God, or in the name of nation or the flag, or in the name of communism, or in the name of mankind...

...in the end, the real cause of human evil is finable in the mirror -- it's part of our potential.

Human nature is able to do both good and evil, because we have freedom and agency.

And it's something we do ourselves, even if we try to blame something else or pretend there was a justification or claim it was for 'America' or whatever else excuse.

It was never really for God or flag or mankind. Not even once. It was always about power lust and greed and anger and hate and envy and such.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
There are verses in Scripture that indicate that God tortures people forever.
No -- surprisingly that's not quite what the text actually says....

We do read that the devil and his angels are indeed in that fire forever, and that the fire is eternal...and human souls can be cast into that same fire... but....

But, human souls there get destroyed (not being immortal like those angels already are)--

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

because unless one is given eternal life, we don't already have it! --

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Therefore, it is called the "second death" to "perish" there where body and soul will be destroyed.

Still,
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance.

And, therefore many will get a 2nd chance as "spirits in prison" --

1 Peter 4:6 That is why the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged as men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

(source: the unknown bible, aka, the common bible most people have in their homes and few have read through fully in a truly listening way to all of the text)

74x12

Only the colored or bold stuff is important to read. The youtube is just music I listen to while proof reading lol. :)

Now, I do understand that Jesus wasn't violent with the exception of overturning tables and driving people away with a wip, and he did say to love your enemies. But that totally stands in extreme ridiculously blatant obvious contradiction of what Yahweh commands in the Old Testament.

Yahweh never loved his enemies , making him a hypocrite, if indeed Jesus is the Incarnation of Yahweh, which Scripture doesn't make clear. Jesus said "Why do you call me good, only God is good". But people did worship Jesus and call him Lord, and Jesus didn't object. Jesus encouraged worship of him when he said "Unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you."

That is not only the epitome of narcissism but it stirs up bigotry among people who insist that all are inferior (in the context that all are spiritually dead and bankrupt) unless they consume that valid transubstantiated host and highly addictive chemical (priests think is okay to legally serve children alcohol in public btw).

Also, Jesus spoke of his enemies going off to "Eternal Punishment" where there will be "Wailing and gnashing of teeth".

Jesus also said "No one is good but God alone." He also said "I have come not to abolish the law" then totally contradicted himself. He also lied when he said "Truly , Truly I say to you, if you have the faith of a mustard seed, you can ask this mountain to be cast into the sea and it will be done for you." He also said, "Those who believe in me will do the works I do and greater works."

Yet there are more believers in Jesus in the 21st century probably than ever, and there isn't a single person I'm aware of who does greater works than Jesus Christ, or I'm sure it would be all over the Internet and Fox News.

But anyhow, Yahweh is jealous, wrathful, narcissistic, killed more babies in Scripture than every American abortion Doctor combined since Roe Vs. Wade with his flood of earth, killing the first born of the Egyptian Empire, commanding scorched earth genocides where pregnant women and children were put to the sword, (with the exception sometimes where he would permit Virgins to be taken and used as sex slaves).

Is he more loveable than the Scriptures inspired by the many Incarnations of the "Queen of Heaven", whom he tried to repeatedly destroy all devotion to? Let's take a look:

Exodus 7:3
I will harden Pharaoh’s heart , make it stubborn so I can multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in the land of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 20:17
Verse Concepts
But you shall utterly destroy them, the Hittite and the Amorite, the Canaanite and the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite, as the Lord your God has commanded you. How is that not as bad as Hitler or Joseph Stalin. Not to mention, they let some of their persecute people live, where God ordered entire extermination of certain conquered people based on who their ancestors were or ethnicity.

1 Samuel 15:3
Verse Concepts
Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

Yeah, I'm sure entire Civilizations of people needed to be utterly annihilated as if there weren't women and children there just trying to make a living and survive

Numbers 31:18
Verse Concepts
But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves.

In other words, it's okay to rape and use virgins as sex slaves and condemn them to a torture worse than the crucifixion of Christ, total agony and trauma every day.
And where is Yahweh but living in a palace where billions worship him, with a countless bunch of perfect people that never disobey him, amidst streets paved with gold!

Scriture also says "Nothing unclean shall enter my Kingdom". Are you clean? That's a tighter immigration policy than Donald Trump's by FAR!

Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil

Hosea 13:16
V
Samaria will be held guilty,
For she has rebelled against her God.
They will fall by the sword,
Their little ones will be dashed in pieces,
And their pregnant women will be ripped open."

Lovely! Can't wait to get to Heaven and be around all these people who incessantly bend the knee to a God who delights in pregnant women being ripped open and babies dashed to pieces.

Deuteronomy 20:16
Verse Concepts
Only in the cities of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes.

Even Paul Pot, the worst Dictator per capita , and no Dictator ever, that earth has ever seen , was that bad. Well, I guess God's Dictators in the Old Testament were that bad , so I stand corrected.

Deuteronomy 12:3

You shall tear down their altars and smash their sacred pillars and burn their Asherim with fire, and you shall cut down the engraved images of their gods and obliterate their name from that place.

Joshua 6:21

They utterly destroyed everything in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox and sheep and donkey, with the edge of the sword.

Kill the innocent animals too. Nice going. Terrorist groups like ISIS are nicer than that.

If the Bible is true (which only some of it can be , because it gives complete opposite statements) abortion is the most kind , generous blessing I've ever heard of God bestowing on a mortal, to die young and sinless.

Yahweh doesn't know much about pain and suffering, has streets paved with gold, billions of people who worship him and defend him (despite his sociopathic tendancies). And to call his behavior narcissistic and sociopathic , is a total complete understatement.

How is Yahweh a better Religious leader than Charles Manson?

I mean , Yahweh did have innocent people killed just because of their ethnicity, cursed because of who their parents were or where they were born, discriminated against based on who their ancestors were to be slaves (the descendants of Ham).

I actually pray all my prayers in Jesus name though, and believe his sacrifice and death atones for sin and restrains some of the wrath of God, primarily because of the philosophy of carrying the cross daily. I see a world being crucified and have a daily cross to carry. Jesus made it clear that God wants us to suffer and die. I think that's obvious.

Also, I like how Jesus forgave the people who crowned him with thorns and crucified him, praying for their eternal salvation. I would never be able to do that under those circumstances, so he definitely left a good example there.

But even Jesus went against my conscience. (even Jesus called a woman and an entire ethnicity "Dogs", making him racist. The lady had to admit that herself and her people are dogs before Jesus would heal her daughter, because when she started wailing in agony about her daughter, initially Jesus kept walking and ignored her cry for help, based on her ethnicity).

Jesus was also showing signs of misogyny and discriminated when he chose only people of his gender and ethnicity to be his Hierarchy / Apostles. That would be like the Pope requiring all Cardinals to have his ethnic backround. (and Jesus was within the Roman Empire which was very ethnically diverse.)

The good news is that some of the Bible is definitely falsehood, (which is proven fact. Two statements stating the exact opposite means they can't both be true ;) ). I can only hope most of it is. :)

Vendetta much? It seems like you just go through the Bible and pick a lot of things out of context to try to make God/Jesus look bad. Maybe you never dug deep enough.

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
Thank you for your openness.
One thing is sure for me: God is not a jerk.
The Bible has lead to crusades and inquisitions
that was zero Bible, and all about power, in my opinion. You cannot justify crusades by using the Bible. That's ridiculous.
Burning witches is what Paul answers in Galatians. You cannot just pick and choose one law from the OT: either you keep them all, or you base your trust in Jesus, you cannot have it both ways.
There is no Bible verse inciting to kill Hindus today or people of other religions.

Your parents and the church you used to be in told you about hell as a child it seems. But hell is not for Christian children, since Paul says they are sanctified. 1 Corinthians 7:14.
This was spiritual abuse that you suffered as I see it. If hell is not for children with Christian parents, why tell them about it in the first place?

I am convinced: God is a good God!
I disagree with coposter @halbhh about people that purportedly cease to exist in the afterlife. we simply happen to have differing views here. This may happen among Christians, I think.

For me, it's easy though: just confess Jesus as Lord, and you are saved. Romans 10:10.
However, I don't subscribe to the theory that people are forever in hell for a limited amount of sins they committed on earth. Bible never speaks about endless torture in hell, as I see it.

God did not abolish slavery because it was still better than death, I suppose.
In my opinion, the virgins that the Israelites took with them, were better off there than dead. Everything seems to be better than death.

Rape victims having to marry their rapist? Unthinkable today in the USA.
But back then, Tamar complained. Know that story?
Tamar was a rape victim and she knew that she had to marry the rapist, and yet she complained.;)...She complained about the rapist NOT wanting to marry her.
That's Bible. That's how things used to be back then, I think. 2 Samuel 13:16.

In my opinion it's soo simple: anyone accepting Jesus as Lord and savior is saved and that's it!

Thomas

thomas t

Jesus also said "No one is good but God alone." He also said "I have come not to abolish the law" then totally contradicted himself.
He did not contradict himself, in my opinion.
I see Bible as inerrant.
It's truth, I think. It is not a "proven fact" that the Bible contains falsehood, as you suggest.
He also lied when he said "Truly , Truly I say to you, if you have the faith of a mustard seed, you can ask this mountain to be cast into the sea and it will be done for you."
that's truth, I think. No lie there.
He also said, "Those who believe in me will do the works I do and greater works."

Yet there are more believers in Jesus in the 21st century probably than ever, and there isn't a single person I'm aware of who does greater works than Jesus Christ, or I'm sure it would be all over the Internet and Fox News.
in my opinion it referred to the group. Groups within Christianity do greater things than Jesus himself it seems.
But anyhow, Yahweh is jealous, wrathful, narcissistic, killed more babies in Scripture than every American abortion Doctor combined since Roe Vs. Wade with his flood of earth, killing the first born of the Egyptian Empire, commanding scorched earth genocides where pregnant women and children were put to the sword, (with the exception sometimes where he would permit Virgins to be taken and used as sex slaves).
God does not commit crimes. He created life he is entitled to do what je wants with it.
Have you ever crafted some piece of arts? It's yours. You can destroy it whatever.
God is entitled to kill what he created.
I don't see narcism there.
In my opinion, it's better for children in the womb to die by the sword than to die starving. If the mother is dead there is no chance for survival for the babies, I guess.

If the Bible is true (which only some of it can be , because it gives complete opposite statements) abortion is the most kind , generous blessing I've ever heard of God bestowing on a mortal, to die young and sinless.
I disagree. Anyone born only need to confess Jesus as Lord and live according to Romans 10:10.

I mean , Yahweh did have innocent people killed just because of their ethnicity, cursed because of who their parents were or where they were born, discriminated against based on who their ancestors were to be slaves (the descendants of Ham).
So what happens if you kill the parents and leave the toddlers alive? Their chances to live on are how much, according to you?
Jesus was also showing signs of misogyny and discriminated when he chose only people of his gender and ethnicity to be his Hierarchy / Apostles. That would be like the Pope requiring all Cardinals to have his ethnic backround. (and Jesus was within the Roman Empire which was very ethnically diverse.)
The women of back then did not complain about the composition of the disciples.Why do you? If everyone is content, why complain?
Jesus was a Jew, he went to the next corner of the street to get some disciples who happen to... also be Jews.
Metallica are all American. How racist.;)

thomas t

Since you wrote large posts, I need three of them to reply.
Wait...he doesn't hate them when they change...but to those who die as unbelievers, he most certainly hates them, and with sadistic torture he afflicts them for all eternity for the crime of not believing correct Doctrine about a text full of contradictions.
there is not one contradiction in the Bible, I think.

Now, you want all in heaven?

Look at this (attachment below). You want all ocean polluters in heaven so they can go ahead and pollute there? That's a horrible idea, in case you subscribed to it.
You don't like rape you said?
But you want rapists in heaven so they create a hell out of it for all their rape victims? If you thought this might be a good idea, I disagree.
Pollution kills animals. Sea burds eat plastic junk and die starving, their stomachs being nicely filled up. This is was man did. You're against killing animals, so I wonder how this can be reconciled....;)

Heaven is supposed to be a good place, as I see it.
No pollution, no rape.

And those who can't help but rape a person every once in a while... should be kept out, I think.

This is what they did. God chose to put an end to this. Great!

-----------------------
Finally, God is not a murderer or mass murderer.
Murder implies unlawfulness, there is no law man could make as binding for God.
God is not accountable to man.

---------

Yahweh is by no means a hypocrite.
He says don't kill, but he kills. That comes with the territory, but is no hypocracy. He's God. He made everyone before, and secures and afterlife after.

Attachments

• 2029874_4.jpg
    2029874_4.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Since you wrote large posts, I need three of them to reply.

there is not one contradiction in the Bible, I think.

Now, you want all in heaven?

Look at this (attachment below). You want all ocean polluters in heaven so they can go ahead and pollute there? That's a horrible idea, in case you subscribed to it.
You don't like rape you said?
But you want rapists in heaven so they create a hell out of it for all their rape victims? If you thought this might be a good idea, I disagree.
Pollution kills animals. Sea burds eat plastic junk and die starving, their stomachs being nicely filled up. This is was man did. You're against killing animals, so I wonder how this can be reconciled....;)

Heaven is supposed to be a good place, as I see it.
No pollution, no rape.

And those who can't help but rape a person every once in a while... should be kept out, I think.

This is what they did. God chose to put an end to this. Great!

-----------------------
Finally, God is not a murderer or mass murderer.
Murder implies unlawfulness, there is no law man could make as binding for God.
God is not accountable to man.

---------

Yahweh is by no means a hypocrite.
He says don't kill, but he kills. That comes with the territory, but is no hypocracy. He's God. He made everyone before, and secures and afterlife after.

I think God shouldn't make murderers and rapists in the first place. A lot of people that want to murder and rape people are not at fault for wanting to do those things.

God should take away their desire to do those things and give them healthy minds and he refuses.

Also, no need to toss sick people into a lake of fire where there will be grinding and gnashing of teeth. He could quickly and comfortably put them out of their misery.

And yes, God has killed more babies and children than anyone and God also sanctions raping virgins and taking them as sex slaves in Scripture. It's one of the most disgusting things worse than death, and God sanctions it.

He's disgusting!

thomas t

I think God is not disgusting.
I think God shouldn't make murderers and rapists in the first place.
he didn't create them.
He created a world having free will.
He created humans and some chose to murder and rape.
No need to blame the creator, here.
God should take away their desire to do those things and give them healthy minds and he refuses.
Healthy? But the are healthy.
Who is blaming Putin to be ill? (I suppose that he wanted to kill Navalny, as many countries are convinced). Noone says it's an ill person. Everyone wants to make money with him, everyone treats him with respect. That's not an ill person, as he leads a country with 100m people. An ill person cannot even lead himself.
No, that's not an illness, and the Russian people is quite impressed by him.
So, if they like him so much, whose fault is it? They voted him into power and kept voting for him.

Same with Dow Chemicals, they still do not compensate the victimns of Bhopal. Maybe your father is a shareholder of Dow. Is he ill now? Is any share holder of Dow ill? Is the whole company ill? Look at their site, is that illness? Corporate Home
No they are not ill, they just don't care I suppose.

German Volkswagen isn't a company of the sick, either. It's Germany's biggest company. Germans aren't just a bunch of sick people in the middle of Europe. They are sane.
Now the point: Volkswagen owns MAN, co-owner of Chinese Sinutruk. Sinutruk provides the lorries for the military in Myanmar who commit murder these days.*
Almost noone complains, but God is the recipient of your complaints it seems. Why not go to your next company which is potentially committed to crime very much in the way German MAN seems to be? Which shares of which companies does your father or your neighbor or your teacher own, are they sick, too? No, I don't think so.

My point of all of this: No need to blame God for people's mistakes.

God cannot create the square triangle now.
If there is the rule: triangle have 3 corners, that's how it is, God set this rule before creation.

In the same sense he cannot put people out of their misery of being able to make free and potentially wrong decisions, I think. Either he set the rule of free will or he doesn't.
Either you have free will or you don't.

And yes, God has killed more babies and children than anyone and God also sanctions raping virgins and taking them as sex slaves in Scripture. It's one of the most disgusting things worse than death, and God sanctions it.
in my opinion, this is still better than letting children die of starvation or putting young girls to death when they still could live inside a new family.
You compare God with people.
Tell me: which person is able to ensure an afterlife for anyone dying in the next 3 minutes?
They can't. Why compare them with God? He's the owner of everything, he can transfer people to an afterlife anytime he wants. He can do what he wants with his creation.

* source in German: Myanmar: Brutaler "Tag der Streitkräfte"

edited to change the example conerning MAN

Last edited: