• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is World unity happening now?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Believe it or not but since everything went online we are meeting a lot more people. Just sharing time and concerns with friends who feel isolated and feel anxious is helping many friends.

This is an ideal time to just be together and support each other. Just calling someone up to say hi how are you is so helpful to others who are not only isolated but on top of that are experiencing personal problems. like there is my neighbour whose sister has breast cancer and is having an operation now so she has to deal with the operation and the fear of catching the virus so she has all sorts of extra anxieties placed on her and in that time you need comforting and reassurance so having people to talk to and share your concerns and problems with is very important. Another lady friend of mine she is the wife of the doctor she rings me and we talk now and again and she is very concerned because her husband works in the field and he is exposed to the disease and so she worries every day what is going to happen next. these people all need a friend who can talk and listen to them and share the feelings with.

we just need to be there for others the best we can and help in whatever way we are able to.
Well thanks for being more like a friend rather than a person in a religion that feels they have to promote their religion every chance they get. Like it says to let deeds not words be your adorning. Unfortunately, by the way some people here present the Baha'is Faith, it seems the opposite. But, that is why I asked how things are going in your area. Are you able to be a friend first, and be accepted as a friend, who happens to be a Baha'i?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Well thanks for being more like a friend rather than a person in a religion that feels they have to promote their religion every chance they get. Like it says to let deeds not words be your adorning. Unfortunately, by the way some people here present the Baha'is Faith, it seems the opposite. But, that is why I asked how things are going in your area. Are you able to be a friend first, and be accepted as a friend, who happens to be a Baha'i?

This time especially when so many people are suffering we need to put other's first. Their sorrow must become our sorrow,their well-being must become our main concern and however we can help them whether emotionally or physically or in any way possible we must do our best as they are our fellow human brothers and sisters.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Obviously your web searching techniques are on on par with your ability to look outside your beliefs - stop being smug and condescending - you have nothing but a misplaced belief in discredited facts

National Geographic

The Atlantic

World Atlas
I posted verses from Genesis that told of Adam disobeying God and then getting cursed by God. Yet, the Baha'is say he's a manifestation. But, the Bible version of Adam isn't the one they believe in. I'd imagine the Baha'i beliefs come from Islam. But then again, do they really believe that even those stories are real and historical? 'Cause they definitely do not believe that the story in the Bible about Adam is literal.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
What is the Bible version?
How does it contradict the Baha'i beliefs?
Does the Bible say that Adam is not a Prophet, or does it just not say?
Do your homework. Or stay out of question that concern what Baha'is say about things in the Bible. I already posted verses from Genesis that contradicts the Baha'i belief that Adam is a manifestation. But you have free will, you can believe whatever you want, and you can ignore whatever you want and refuse to read the verses for yourself. We go round and round with this. What is the Baha'i definition of a manifestation? Read the story about Adam in Genesis. It can be found at the beginning of the Bible, then tell me if you think Adam fits the description of a manifestation.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do your homework. Or stay out of question that concern what Baha'is say about things in the Bible. I already posted verses from Genesis that contradicts the Baha'i belief that Adam is a manifestation.
It is not my homework because I did not make the 'assertion' that the Baha'i belief about Adam contradicts the Bible., you made that assertion.

I did not see any contradiction in those verses. If you think there is a contradiction you bear the burden of proof since you are the one making the assertion. I do not bear the burden of proof to prove something is 'not true.'

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
It is not my homework because I did not make the 'assertion' that the Baha'i belief about Adam contradicts the Bible., you made that assertion.

I did not see any contradiction in those verses. If you think there is a contradiction you bear the burden of proof since you are the one making the assertion. I do not bear the burden of proof to prove something is 'not true.'
Well, if you see no contradiction in those verses, then you did do your homework and read the verses for yourself. I'm so proud of you. Neither of us have any burdens to prove anything. Believe what you want. To me a manifestation does not disobey God's command. That is assuming the story is true and historical. I don't believe it is. So, for me, how can a mythical character be a manifestation? And since Baha'i don't believe the Creation Story is literally true, why would they think that one of the main characters in the story is literally true? But you know what... who gives a &*$%. Oh, and I love the discussion you're having with YoursTrue on that other thread.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
To me a manifestation does not disobey God's command. That is assuming the story is true and historical. I don't believe it is. So, for me, how can a mythical character be a manifestation? And since Baha'i don't believe the Creation Story is literally true, why would they think that one of the main characters in the story is literally true?
Moses disobeyed God's command and Baha'u'llah explained in The Kitáb-i-Íqán why He was still a Prophet. Hint: It was a test. It is too complicated for me to explain, but if you want to know it is as simple as entering 'Moses' into the Search box and reading what Baha'u'llah wrote. So if Moses disobeyed God, why couldn't Adam disobey? Of course if you do not believe that is possible you don't. Apparently you have a preconception of what a Prophet is never supposed to do.

The Adam Baha'is believe was a Prophet is not the mythical character in the Genesis story. The Adam we believe in was a real person.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Moses disobeyed God's command and Baha'u'llah explained in The Kitáb-i-Íqán why He was still a Prophet. Hint: It was a test. It is too complicated for me to explain, but if you want to know it is as simple as entering 'Moses' into the Search box and reading what Baha'u'llah wrote. So if Moses disobeyed God, why couldn't Adam disobey? Of course if you do not believe that is possible you don't. Apparently you have a preconception of what a Prophet is never supposed to do.

The Adam Baha'is believe was a Prophet is not the mythical character in the Genesis story. The Adam we believe in was a real person.
To me that kind of implies he was an ordinary person, not a "manifestation"... someone that reflects God perfectly. You want to make him a prophet now and not a manifestation? So the Adam in Genesis is mythical? Then where do you get the story of this Adam that was a prophet/manifestation?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
To me that kind of implies he was an ordinary person, not a "manifestation"... someone that reflects God perfectly. You want to make him a prophet now and not a manifestation?
Messenger of God, Prophet, Manifestation of God, all mean the same thing.
they all reflect God to varying degrees.
So the Adam in Genesis is mythical? Then where do you get the story of this Adam that was a prophet/manifestation?
Baha'u'llah and Abdul'Baha.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Which page?
It is difficult to find things in that book, so I will make it easier for you:

“When Moses came unto Pharaoh and delivered unto him, as bidden by God, the divine Message, Pharaoh spoke insultingly saying: “Art thou not he that committed murder, and became an infidel?” Thus recounted the Lord of majesty as having been said by Pharaoh unto Moses: “What a deed is that which Thou hast done! Thou art one of the ungrateful. He said: ‘I did it indeed, and I was one of those who erred. And I fled from you when I feared you, but My Lord hath given Me wisdom, and hath made Me one of His Apostles.’” 20

And now ponder in thy heart the commotion which God stirreth up. Reflect upon the strange and manifold trials with which He doth test His servants. Consider how He hath suddenly chosen from among His servants, and entrusted with the exalted mission of divine guidance Him Who was known as guilty of homicide, Who, Himself, had acknowledged His cruelty, and Who for well-nigh thirty years had, in the eyes of the world, been reared in the home of Pharaoh and been nourished at his table. Was not God, the omnipotent King, able to withhold the hand of Moses from murder, so that manslaughter should not be attributed unto Him, causing bewilderment and aversion among the people?..... The Kitáb-i-Íqán, pp. 55-56

“Behold how contrary are the ways of the Manifestations of God, as ordained by the King of creation, to the ways and desires of men! As thou comest to comprehend the essence of these divine mysteries, thou wilt grasp the purpose of God, the divine Charmer, the Best-Beloved. Thou wilt regard the words and the deeds of that almighty Sovereign as one and the same; in such wise that whatsoever thou dost behold in His deeds, the same wilt thou find in His sayings, and whatsoever thou dost read in His sayings, that wilt thou recognize in His deeds. Thus it is that outwardly such deeds and words are the fire of vengeance unto the wicked, and inwardly the waters of mercy unto the righteous. Were the eye of the heart to open, it 58 would surely perceive that the words revealed from the heaven of the will of God are at one with, and the same as, the deeds that have emanated from the Kingdom of divine power.” The Kitáb-i-Íqán, pp. 55-58