• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is World unity happening now?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And that - right there - is the essence of it - whatever you want to believe - even if it is make believe - continue living in your little delusion.

According to modern science humans have existed for between 300000 to 2100000 years - so there goes another Baha'i belief by the wayside

Just for your info there has been no time limit set, Baha'u'llah says civilisation on earth is very ancient. It also is written the records of Many have been lost.

Whatever science finds in relation is sound.

Regards Tony

This is a quote from Baha'i Writings on the subject

"Universal Cycles and the coming of Manifestations of God. `Abdu'l-Bahá describes vast "Universal Cycles," stretching over hundreds of thousands (perhaps millions) of years, at the end of which "great events" take place as a result of which all traces of the previous cycle are obliterated and a new cycle begins. Within each Universal Cycle, many Manifestations of God (q.v.) appear, each linked to a cycle. Thus each of the religions founded by one of these Manifestations goes through a period of growth, reaches its zenith or maturity, and then declines. When the decline is complete and the religion is no longer capable of guiding humanity spiritually, another Manifestation comes (PUP 93-96)."

As a Baha'i I see there are cycles on earth going back since the beginning of time.

Regards Tony

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
This time I am speechless and have nothing to say. This ‘gathering speaks for itself’.

What a time we are living in full of hope and promise. Love and peace to all my human brothers and sisters.

This really, really warmed my heart. I sent it to absolutely everyone I know.

I think that a crisis gets rid of the middle ground. It brings out the best and the worst in us.

We hear the bad stories. Stories of hoarding and people pushing each other to get the last TP roll. Stories about people spitting on cops. Stories like the guy who published an article saying that all the Navajo were infected and calling on people to kill them all. Or the (typical in crises) that the whole pandemic is a Jewish plot.

But on the flip side, we see things like this happening. We see acts of courage like with our health care workers, and other essential personnel who continue to put themselves in harm's way. We hear stories of sacrifice, such as when Los Angeles, itself a hot spot, gave 500 ventilators to the national stockpile so that they would be sent to whomever needed them most. You see people organizing to make cloth masks for others. Our entertainers are getting together to engage us in our homes with music, the profits of which will go towards fighting the virus.

I was in a chatroom, and I made the comment to another how ironic it was that in this day when we are separated by space, we are drawing closer together. It drew a cynical comment that I sounded like some sort of Pollyanna. But I maintain that I am right. And it is truly a beautiful thing all the little creative ways we are finding of doing just that, even if it is just opening up our windows or standing on our balconies and singing in our oh-so-average voices. :)

May God be with all of you in this time. May we find within our homes, the entire world.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
This really, really warmed my heart. I sent it to absolutely everyone I know.

I think that a crisis gets rid of the middle ground. It brings out the best and the worst in us.

We hear the bad stories. Stories of hoarding and people pushing each other to get the last TP roll. Stories about people spitting on cops. Stories like the guy who published an article saying that all the Navajo were infected and calling on people to kill them all. Or the (typical in crises) that the whole pandemic is a Jewish plot.

But on the flip side, we see things like this happening. We see acts of courage like with our health care workers, and other essential personnel who continue to put themselves in harm's way. We hear stories of sacrifice, such as when Los Angeles, itself a hot spot, gave 500 ventilators to the national stockpile so that they would be sent to whomever needed them most. You see people organizing to make cloth masks for others. Our entertainers are getting together to engage us in our homes with music, the profits of which will go towards fighting the virus.

I was in a chatroom, and I made the comment to another how ironic it was that in this day when we are separated by space, we are drawing closer together. It drew a cynical comment that I sounded like some sort of Pollyanna. But I maintain that I am right. And it is truly a beautiful thing all the little creative ways we are finding of doing just that, even if it is just opening up our windows or standing on our balconies and singing in our oh-so-average voices. :)

May God be with all of you in this time. May we find within our homes, the entire world.

I am an isolated Baha’i and whenever they held meetings I would feel very depressed because they were very far away and so for years I felt like an outcast.

However once this virus began then every Baha’i became isolated and we were then instructed to find creative ways of getting together.

After 20 years of isolation I attended my first Baha’i meeting on zoom the other day and it began raining and pouring togetherness - a longing for so, so long. Now that they have learned how to use the new technology we will never go back to our former isolation.

Having said that I’m so sad for all the suffering that humanity is going through now and wish it never happened and Pray that it ends very soon.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
This time I am speechless and have nothing to say. This ‘gathering speaks for itself’.

What a time we are living in full of hope and promise. Love and peace to all my human brothers and sisters.

As long as ignorance there will never be unity. To me the world seems to becoming more tribalistic. Nationalism is spreading. Fundamentalist groups are still out there. Too many people have an us vs them mentality.

I think these traits will live on throughout history unless people are taught to think critically.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As long as ignorance there will never be unity. To me the world seems to becoming more tribalistic. Nationalism is spreading. Fundamentalist groups are still out there. Too many people have an us vs them mentality.

I think these traits will live on throughout history unless people are taught to think critically.

I'll agree it is worrying but I also think it is not necessarily inevitable that such things will dominate our more rational tendencies.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I'll agree it is worrying but I also think it is not necessarily inevitable that such things will dominate our more rational tendencies.

Well yes, not necessarily, but I think that the necessary path that has to be taken by the world to get us to that point is unlikely to happen. I really hope it does though.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Well yes, not necessarily, but I think that the necessary path that has to be taken by the world to get us to that point is unlikely to happen. I really hope it does though.

I think that only the direst of calamities, more severe than any of the world wars combined can bring humanity together. I don't wish for it to happen as the suffering would be unimaginable. So I keep trying with the Baha'is to appeal to humanity to unite. But I think midnight approaches as it has largely fallen on deaf ears.

The world will emerge united I believe but at what cost?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I think that only the direst of calamities, more severe than any of the world wars combined can bring humanity together. I don't wish for it to happen as the suffering would be unimaginable. So I keep trying with the Baha'is to appeal to humanity to unite. But I think midnight approaches as it has largely fallen on deaf ears.

I don't even think a massive calamity would unite the world. Certainly many people will unite. But then you have those who will see opportunities to control others, take power for themselves, or preach that the end has arrived and that all the heathens will die.

I truly believe that education and people believing in their own capabilities to honestly be successful (an internal drive that many don't have, which I see as weakness), thus empowering themselves will help everyone to unite.

As a Baha'i, how are you going about appealing to humanity to unite?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

I tend to agree - that it will take more than this particular problem to unite us all, and even that will be a long way off, but if we don't then we are on a trajectory to oblivion.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I don't even think a massive calamity would unite the world. Certainly many people will unite. But then you have those who will see opportunities to control others, take power for themselves, or preach that the end has arrived and that all the heathens will die.

I truly believe that education and people believing in their own capabilities to honestly be successful (an internal drive that many don't have, which I see as weakness), thus empowering themselves will help everyone to unite.

As a Baha'i, how are you going about appealing to humanity to unite?

The Baha'i International Community as an NGO works with many international organisations such as the UN, Unicef. The WWF and many more as well as with many governments in an advisory capacity. Baha'is also have offered their own world community as a model for a future world civilisation.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
The Baha'i International Community as an NGO works with many international organisations such as the UN, Unicef. The WWF and many more as well as with many governments in an advisory capacity. Baha'is also have offered their own world community as a model for a future world civilisation.

Thanks. But how do you guys go about it? How do you advise the organisations? And how does the community become a model?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Thanks. But how do you guys go about it? How do you advise the organisations? And how does the community become a model?

Mainly through dialogue and consultation with organisations offering alternative solutions to today’s world problems. As a world community we are comprised of a cross section of humanity, a cross section of religions, races, nationalities and cultures - living proof that with belief in the oneness and equality of humankind the world can unite.

We came from previously and currently conflicting backgrounds yet we are able to look past these and accept our diversity as a form of beauty and strength. This, I humbly believe, is what the world needs to do - reconcile their differences in a spirit of all embracing oneness. And I believe the world can do it.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I am an isolated Baha’i and whenever they held meetings I would feel very depressed because they were very far away and so for years I felt like an outcast.

However once this virus began then every Baha’i became isolated and we were then instructed to find creative ways of getting together.

After 20 years of isolation I attended my first Baha’i meeting on zoom the other day and it began raining and pouring togetherness - a longing for so, so long. Now that they have learned how to use the new technology we will never go back to our former isolation.

Having said that I’m so sad for all the suffering that humanity is going through now and wish it never happened and Pray that it ends very soon.
Where are you in Australia?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Hi CG. I’m in NSW regional. A small country town. Hope you’re coping well.
Yes, I'm doing well. Now how about you. What have you been able to do in your area to help bring people together. And what about the rest of Australia, are the Baha'is doing teaching projects and other things to get the Baha'i message out?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Yes, I'm doing well. Now how about you. What have you been able to do in your area to help bring people together. And what about the rest of Australia, are the Baha'is doing teaching projects and other things to get the Baha'i message out?

Believe it or not but since everything went online we are meeting a lot more people. Just sharing time and concerns with friends who feel isolated and feel anxious is helping many friends.

This is an ideal time to just be together and support each other. Just calling someone up to say hi how are you is so helpful to others who are not only isolated but on top of that are experiencing personal problems. like there is my neighbour whose sister has breast cancer and is having an operation now so she has to deal with the operation and the fear of catching the virus so she has all sorts of extra anxieties placed on her and in that time you need comforting and reassurance so having people to talk to and share your concerns and problems with is very important. Another lady friend of mine she is the wife of the doctor she rings me and we talk now and again and she is very concerned because her husband works in the field and he is exposed to the disease and so she worries every day what is going to happen next. these people all need a friend who can talk and listen to them and share the feelings with.

we just need to be there for others the best we can and help in whatever way we are able to.