• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is witchcraft real?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
As per your religious beliefs, do you believe witchcraft is real? Like, magic, is it real? Christians, I’m curious. Do you believe people can access mystic power? Think back to Moses, when he turned his staff to a snake. The Pharaoh’s court mages did the same with their staffs. My pastor of my youth told me that the mages had snakes hidden up their sleeves lol but the Bible says that the mages turned their staffs into snakes. Sorcery, right?
I already practice divination, I’m interested in the occult.
Pagans, I think you guys believe in it, right? Or am I thinking of another group?
Atheists, I suppose you think that any magical experiences are imagined, right?

Viker

Häxan
What is real?

Yes. I utilize it and see results in my life. There's energy in nearly everything and it's about redirecting that energy. It's also about self assurance and self empowerment. I use it for ritualized catharsis.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's no real evidence of magic, that I know of. It's the stuff of folklore and legends, and a facile "explanation" when something unexpected or baffling happens.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
As per your religious beliefs, do you believe witchcraft is real? Like, magic, is it real? Christians, I’m curious. Do you believe people can access mystic power? Think back to Moses, when he turned his staff to a snake. The Pharaoh’s court mages did the same with their staffs. My pastor of my youth told me that the mages had snakes hidden up their sleeves lol but the Bible says that the mages turned their staffs into snakes. Sorcery, right?
Pagans, I think you guys believe in it, right? Or am I thinking of another group?

Uhm... Yes, Magick and witchcraft is real.

I practice forms of Magick, divination, and other occult practices.

74x12

It should be avoided. Whoever practices witchcraft will themselves also be bewitched in the process. :(

Viker

Häxan
How would you know it didn't happen to you? From what I've understood; it blocks people from repenting. Of course it's only a miracle anyone is ever saved but still it makes it more difficult to be saved.
Saved from what? This stuff is fun! You should try it, bro.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think the flavor of witchcraft is real, however the substance is lacking in terms of the fantastical and supernatural.

74x12

Saved? From what? Repent.... Again, for what?
Saved from what?
What happened when they split the atom?
What upholds everything according to Hebrews 1:3?

Answer that and you'll be a bit closer to understanding what you need to be saved from.

Strange that there is fire in everything. Yet we all go on in our own way. As it says all we like sheep have gone astray.

I speak in riddles. But that's for a reason.

According to my belief we all need to repent. Especially people who "didn't do nothing". Really understand that and you'll understand repentance like Jesus taught it.
This stuff is fun! You should try it, bro.
Everything can be fun at first right? Like crack cocaine. That doesn't mean it's good for you.

But is that really your reason? Sometimes we don't know our own reasons. I know how it is.