• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Wicca evil?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
What I'm saying Jeffrey...in a nutshell is it's fine if you don't believe in God, as he's portrayed in the Word. That's your choice.

But according to the WORD...there is no middle ground that we create for ourselves...this safe zone where we can believe in what we want and do as we please and pick and choose biblical principles that work for us.

It's easy to pick and choose and find justification for our actions in the Word...but it's really null and void when you think about it...if you don't even believe in what you're reading.

My God is a jealous God and has made it clear in BOTH the OT and NT of His Word that there are to be no other God's before Him and that if anything you do in life isn't done to glorify Him...keeping Him in mind...then it's not of Him.

I have no problem with Wiccans. I myself was fascinated with Wicca prior to becoming a Christian but I felt strong conviction when attempting to pray to a goddess that I KNEW was NOT God Almighty. So, it wasn't feasible for me.

I'm not attacking you, personally Jeffrey. I think you're a great person, as is your wife, who I hope will stick around here.

You see God very differently than I do....that's all.

barnabus

I suppose I should put my two cents in. I do believe the wiccan philosophy is evil, in that it supports moral relativism, as well as polytheism. If that is worth anything, LOL.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
Then you believe there are other Gods with power?

To a degree. God Himself acknowledged that there are other gods...who I don't really see as being gods but methods of trickery from a certain Satan that is mentioned in the bible...although, these are my personal views and I don't claim that these are the views of other Christians.

Satan has a degree of power but only what we allow him to have. He's great at blinding us, though. That's really all he has over us...the ability to shield our eyes with blinders and to push in our faces anything and everything that would make us think more of the world and what the world has to offer and less of what who we are supposed to be in Christ.

We have free will, of course. One certainly isn't obligated to believe in the God that I believe in.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
What I'm saying Jeffrey...in a nutshell is it's fine if you don't believe in God, as he's portrayed in the Word. That's your choice.

But according to the WORD...there is no middle ground that we create for ourselves...this safe zone where we can believe in what we want and do as we please and pick and choose biblical principles that work for us.

It's easy to pick and choose and find justification for our actions in the Word...but it's really null and void when you think about it...if you don't even believe in what you're reading.

My God is a jealous God and has made it clear in BOTH the OT and NT of His Word that there are to be no other God's before Him and that if anything you do in life isn't done to glorify Him...keeping Him in mind...then it's not of Him.

I have no problem with Wiccans. I myself was fascinated with Wicca prior to becoming a Christian but I felt strong conviction when attempting to pray to a goddess that I KNEW was NOT God Almighty. So, it wasn't feasible for me.

I'm not attacking you, personally Jeffrey. I think you're a great person, as is your wife, who I hope will stick around here.

You see God very differently than I do....that's all.
Thanks, dawny, I respect your views. I'm just trying to make a point. Do you believe in more then 1 God? You hinted that Wiccans get their power from another sorce.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
barnabus said:
I suppose I should put my two cents in. I do believe the wiccan philosophy is evil, in that it supports moral relativism, as well as polytheism. If that is worth anything, LOL.

I'm reluctant to tag Wiccans as being evil but the moral relativism and polytheism are why Wicca wasn't for me.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
To a degree. God Himself acknowledged that there are other gods...who I don't really see as being gods but methods of trickery from a certain Satan that is mentioned in the bible...although, these are my personal views and I don't claim that these are the views of other Christians.

Satan has a degree of power but only what we allow him to have. He's great at blinding us, though. That's really all he has over us...the ability to shield our eyes with blinders and to push in our faces anything and everything that would make us think more of the world and what the world has to offer and less of what who we are supposed to be in Christ.

We have free will, of course. One certainly isn't obligated to believe in the God that I believe in.
The one God: Father, Son, Holy Spirit

Passages that say there is only one God:

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one [echad] flesh. " Genesis 2:24
"there is no one like Yahweh our God." Exodus 8:10
"Yahweh, He is God; there is no other besides Him." Deuteronomy 4:35
"Yahweh, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39
"See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me" Deuteronomy 32:39
"Hear, O Israel! Yahweh is our God, Yahweh is one [echad]!" Deuteronomy 6:4
"You are great, O Lord God; for there is none like You, and there is no God besides You" 2 Samuel 7:22
"For who is God, besides Yahweh? And who is a rock, besides our God?" 2 Samuel 22:32
"Yahweh is God; there is no one else." 1 Kings 8:60
"You are the God, You alone [bad], of all the kingdoms of the earth." 2 Kings 19:15
"O Lord, there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You" 1 Chronicles 17:20
"You alone [bad] are Yahweh." Nehemiah 9:6
"For who is God, but Yahweh? And who is a rock, except our God" Psalm 18:31
"You alone [bad], Lord, are God." Isaiah 37:20
"Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me." Isaiah 43:10
"‘I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me." Isaiah 44:6
"Is there any God besides Me, Or is there any other Rock? I know of none." Isaiah 44:8
"I am Yahweh, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God." Isaiah 45:5
"Surely, God is with you, and there is none else, No other God." Isaiah 45:14
"I am Yahweh, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18
"Is it not I, Yahweh? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me." Isaiah 45:21
"I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me" Isaiah 46:9
"And Yahweh will be king over all the earth; in that day Yahweh will be the only one [echad], and His name the only one[echad]." Zechariah 14:9
"No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one [hen] and love the other, or he will be devoted to one [hen] and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth." Matthew 6:24
"For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one [hen] flesh"? " Matthew 19:5
"But do not be called Rabbi; for One [hen] is your Teacher, and you are all brothers." Matthew 23:8
"Do not be called leaders; for One [hen] is your Leader, that is, Christ." Matthew 23:10
""The foremost is, ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one [hen] Lord; " Mark 12:29
"you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only [monos] God?" John 5:44
"I and the Father are one [hen]." John 10:30
"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only [monos] true God" John 17:3
"The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one [hen], just as We are one [hen]" John 17:22
"since indeed God is one [hen]" Romans 3:30
"to the only [monos] wise God, Amen." Romans 16:27
"there is no God but one [hen]" 1 Corinthians 8:4
"yet for us there is but one [hen] God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one [hen] Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him." 1 Corinthians 8:6
"Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one [hen]." Galatians 3:20
"There is one [hen] body and one [hen] Spirit, one [hen] hope, one [hen] Lord, one [hen] faith, one [hen] baptism, one [hen] God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:4-6
"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only [monos] God" 1 Timothy 1:17
"which He will bring about at the proper time—He who is the blessed and only [monos] Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone [monos] possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen." 1 Timothy 6:16
"For there is one [hen] God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," 1 Timothy 2:5
"You believe that God is one [hen]. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder." James 2:19
"For certain persons deny our only [monos] Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 4
"the only [monos] God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." Jude 25

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
Thanks, dawny, I respect your views. I'm just trying to make a point. Do you believe in more then 1 God? You hinted that Wiccans get their power from another sorce.

Yeah...I did. I'm sure you know who I feel that source can come from. If one is not worshipping Christ...how can their power come from Christ? There's only one or the other, according to the Bible...It's either of God or not. NO middle ground.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Jeffrey, this is what I said...

According to the Bible...if not's of Christ...it's of...Satan...

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
barnabus said:
e·vil ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vl)
adj. e·vil·er, e·vil·est
Morally bad or wrong; wicked: an evil tyrant.
Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful: the evil effects of a poor diet.
Characterized by or indicating future misfortune; ominous: evil omens.
Bad or blameworthy by report; infamous: an evil reputation.
Characterized by anger or spite; malicious: an evil temper.

n.
The quality of being morally bad or wrong; wickedness.
That which causes harm, misfortune, or destruction: a leader's power to do both good and evil.
An evil force, power, or personification.
Something that is a cause or source of suffering, injury, or destruction: the social evils of poverty and injustice.

The Wiccan Rede (or Creed) is to the Wiccan Faith as well-known Bible verses are to a Christian. An example would be, "do unto others..." The author of the Wiccan Crede is unknown from what I can tell. It goes as follows:
Bide ye the Wiccan Rede ye must,
In perfect love and perfect Trust.
Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill
An' it harm none, do as ye will
Lest in self defense it be,
Ever mind the Rule of Three
Follow ye this with mind and heart,
Merry ye meet, and merry ye part.

Please show me how this is evil.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
Jeffrey, this is what I said...

According to the Bible...if not's of Christ...it's of...Satan...
So, if a Wiccan heals someone, it comes from satan?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Dawny, think about this. If someone is trying to do good, does it matter who that person calls God? If God knows someone is trying to do good, do you really believe that god is that vain to not allow his/her power to help? "Wait a minute! That person is healing another, but he has not acknowledged me as the christian god, so the hell with him and the person he his healing!"... Don't see god as this way. I see God as love you could really care less what name you call him. In fact I think he would find this MY GOD, NOT YOUR GOD as quite petty. Would you not agree with the statement "all good things come from God"?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
Dawny, think about this. If someone is trying to do good, does it matter who that person calls God? If God knows someone is trying to do good, do you really believe that god is that vain to not allow his/her power to help? "Wait a minute! That person is healing another, but he has not acknowledged me as the christian god, so the hell with him and the person he his healing!"... Don't see god as this way. I see God as love you could really care less what name you call him. In fact I think he would find this MY GOD, NOT YOUR GOD as quite petty. Would you not agree with the statement "all good things come from God"?

That's not what I said and I don't think you understand what I've said at all.

Yes, all good things come from God...but some things which appear to be good...are not. This is the point that I've been trying to make.

And I'm sorry...but the god or gods or goddesses of other religions are not the same God that I worship. You may view it all universally but I do not.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Jimney Jeff! Dawny is answer your questions, ALL of them, and very kindly if I may add and you keep pushing the issue, why?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
If you don't accept the Christian God, Jeff...along with the biblical Devil...then we won't see eye to eye.

Bishka

Veteran Member
dawny0826 said:
If you don't accept the Christian God, Jeff...along with the biblical Devil...then we won't see eye to eye.

Thank you! Exactly. You keep questoining why God would do this Jeff, or why God would do that, and when we give you why we believe you can't accept it. Well, that's it, that's our belief and what we believe, you don't have to if you don't want to.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
That's not what I said and I don't think you understand what I've said at all.

Yes, all good things come from God...but some things which appear to be good...are not. This is the point that I've been trying to make.

And I'm sorry...but the god or gods or goddesses of other religions are not the same God that I worship. You may view it all universally but I do not.
That's what I meant by God being petty. I don't think he his.
dawny0826 said:
I'm sure that's a possibility.
Soooo when a person, like my wife, heals someone or an animal, it's evil.... No offense, dawny, but this is why I will no longer be associated with christianity. The only people that pm'd me about what happened to my wife was 3 non-christians.
Food for thought... Maybe the false god christ warned about is todays christianity.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
I accept christ, but i see him differently. I see him as a loving everyone, all good things come from him, love everyone, harm no one, judge only if you are perfect, divorce only out of adultry or death god. ... You know, the things he said. Like "If it's good, it comes from god", which you don't believe.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
That's what I meant by God being petty. I don't think he his.

Soooo when a person, like my wife, heals someone or an animal, it's evil.... No offense, dawny, but this is why I will no longer be associated with christianity. The only people that pm'd me about what happened to my wife was 3 non-christians.
Food for thought... Maybe the false god christ warned about is todays christianity.

Jeffrey, the gods and goddesses of Wiccan and Pagan religions are NOT the God of Abraham. I'm sorry. They didn't hang on a cross for my benefit.

I NEVER used the term evil, Jeffrey. NEVER. And I've never said anything negative about Rebecca. Just because I didn't PM you, making an inquiry doesn't make me less of a Christian. I didn't think that it was any of my business.

If you believe that Christ is false...that's you're right.

I for one believe whole heartedly in the same God that Abraham believed in. And my God is not a God of wrath or violence. My God hung on a cross in complete agony for my sins. Again...I ask you...do think that there was vengeance or hate in that blood stained face?

And if you find satisfaction and peace and happiness in the Wiccan god and goddess...then good for you. You continue the spiritual path that you feel most comfortable with. I think no less of you as a person.

I will continue to stand firm on my belief and love in Christ. I'm a sinner. I make many mistakes but my love and belief in Christ will be constant. My Jesus died for me.

When I lay hands on an individual...I do so in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour. Any healing that occurs has occurred because God Almighty has willed it and the Holy Spirit within me...healed that individual. It's not about me at all.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
I accept christ, but i see him differently. I see him as a loving everyone, all good things come from him, love everyone, harm no one, judge only if you are perfect, divorce only out of adultry or death god. ... You know, the things he said. Like "If it's good, it comes from god", which you don't believe.

I DO believe that Good comes from God.

I also believe that there is a devil who blinds us...and deceives. I've stated this quite a few times.