• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Wicca evil?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
Let me bring up a post by Halcyon, post #13 QUOTE:Exactly.

Jesus was once accused of using the power of Beezebub to cast out demons, but he informed his accusers of the obvious - that evil would not destroy other evil, only good can.

Therefore it should be obvious to anyone that the love, compassion and good will that Wicca instills in people can come only from the good.

But if there is no trust, belief or love in Christ, Jeffrey...it's not OF Christ.

If one is casting in the name of another god or goddess...this is NOT, according to the Bible...of GOD...

Christ was able to achieve what He did on earth because He was the FIRST to have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

According to the bible...mere belief in God isn't enough to obtain salvation.

A life without Christ...regardless of how GOOD it may appear, according to the Word...is a void life. Looks can be deceiving.

turk179

I smell something....
dawny0826 said:
But if there is no trust, belief or love in Christ, Jeffrey...it's not OF Christ.

If one is casting in the name of another god or goddess...this is NOT, according to the Bible...of GOD...

Christ was able to achieve what He did on earth because He was the FIRST to have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

A life without Christ...regardless of how GOOD it may appear, according to the Word...is a void life. Looks can be deceiving.
This is a good point and I agree with you but unfortunately that is a main reason why I am not a Christian. I don't believe the Word.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:

If a Wiccan heals a person.. It is good, and according to your bible, it can only come from God. And you are missing the point.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
turk179 said:
This is a good point and I agree with you but unfortunately that is a main reason why I am not a Christian. I don't believe the Word.

And since you don't believe in the Word...it makes sense that you aren't a Christian. :D

What makes sense to me spiritually, doesn't make sense to everyone. And that's fine.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
If a Wiccan heals a person.. It is good, and according to your bible, it can only come from God. And you are missing the point.

I am NOT missing the point, Jeffrey.

I'm pointing out that good things happen but the source doesn't necessarily come from GOD.

You don't believe the Word. But I DO. And there is a very real adversary in my Bible who does nothing MORE than deceive. Something that appears good and wholesome may not be...especially if the evoked source of power is NOT Christ.

Can a Wiccan heal? Sure. But don't tell me that one who does NOT in any way, shape or form accept Christ...is receiving healing power from Christ.

If I was a Wiccan...I wouldn't claim that my abilities came from a God that I don't even believe in. That makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
I am NOT missing the point, Jeffrey.

I'm pointing out that good things happen but the source doesn't necessarily come from GOD.

You don't believe the Word. But I DO. And there is a very real adversary in my Bible who does nothing MORE than deceive. Something that appears good and wholesome may not be...especially if the evoked source of power is NOT Christ.

Can a Wiccan heal? Sure. But don't tell me that one who does NOT in any way, shape or form accept Christ...is receiving healing power from Christ.

If I was a Wiccan...I wouldn't claim that my abilities came from a God that I don't even believe in. That makes NO sense to me whatsoever.
Then Christ was wrong when he stated in Mark 3:22..
The scribes who had come from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," 10 and "By the prince of demons he drives out demons."
Summoning them, he began to speak to them in parables, "How can Satan drive out Satan?
If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
Then Christ was wrong when he stated in Mark 3:22..
The scribes who had come from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," 10 and "By the prince of demons he drives out demons."
Summoning them, he began to speak to them in parables, "How can Satan drive out Satan?
If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.

Jeffrey, Christ cast out demons because of his faith in GOD.

Christ was simply illustrated via a parable that He was not casting out in the name of Satan.

These verses do not prove your point.

There's a Wiccan...believes in the mother goddess...does not acknowledge the Christian God or the Christian Devil. Does not accept the Bible AT ALL.

You're going to tell me that any healing, casting and magic comes from a power source that this individual does not believe exists and/or does not acknowledge to be true.

To me, it just comes across as wanting your cake and wanting to eat it to..

Pick and choose the GOOD and believable parts of the bible to believe in...all the while justifying actions that God outwardly came against.

You're entitled to believe as you wish. Clearly, you have issues with the Word...issues with God. No one is stating that you have to believe in God or accept His Word to be truth.

I can't believe for a minute that healing in the name of...or believing that your healing power comes from a god or goddess that God Almighty tells you not to place before him...is GOOD in the eyes of God.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Christ also said this...

"He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe,In my name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues. They will take up serpents and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means harm them, they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover."

NKJV Mark 16:16-18

Who will do this? Believers. Believers in who? Christ.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
Jeffrey, Christ cast out demons because of his faith in GOD.

Christ was simply illustrated via a parable that He was not casting out in the name of Satan.

These verses do not prove your point.

There's a Wiccan...believes in the mother goddess...does not acknowledge the Christian God or the Christian Devil. Does not accept the Bible AT ALL.

You're going to tell me that any healing, casting and magic comes from a power source that this individual does not believe exists and/or does not acknowledge to be true.

To me, it just comes across as wanting your cake and wanting to eat it to..

Pick and choose the GOOD and believable parts of the bible to believe in...all the while justifying actions that God outwardly came against.

You're entitled to believe as you wish. Clearly, you have issues with the Word...issues with God. No one is stating that you have to believe in God or accept His Word to be truth.

I can't believe for a minute that healing in the name of...or believing that your healing power comes from a god or goddess that God Almighty tells you not to place before him...is GOOD in the eyes of God.
I believe in a God. Any power you have comes from this God. Call him who you wish. As Christ stated, if it's good, it came from him.

Let me but it this way. If someone does good, as heels someone, is there any other place other then god it can come from?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
Christ also said this...

"He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe,In my name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues. They will take up serpents and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means harm them, they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover."

NKJV Mark 16:16-18

Who will do this? Believers. Believers in who? Christ.
Edit. So only people that believe in Christ can heal?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
I believe in a God. Any power you have comes from this God. Call him who you wish. As Christ stated, if it's good, it came from him.

Let me but it this way. If someone does good, as heels someone, is there any other place other then god it can come from?

How is it possible for a person to heal, Jeffrey?

And I'm talking about laying hands on another...spiritual healing?

They heal because they have FAITH. When I place hands on an individual...my faith is in Christ Jesus.

If a Wiccan places hands on an individual...with their place and trust in another god or goddess...did the Christian God provide the healing power?

Are you implying that Wiccans worship the Christian God and give the Christian God credit for their healing powers?

Are you implying that the Wiccan gods and goddesses ARE THE GOD Almighty?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
Edit. So only people that believe in Christ can heal?

Nope. I'm sure it's completely possible to heal and not believe in Christ.

But as a Christian...I'm not sure if I can say with complete certainly that the power behind the healing was good in God's eyes.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
Nope. I'm sure it's completely possible to heal and not believe in Christ.

But as a Christian...I'm not sure if I can say with complete certainly that the power behind the healing was good in God's eyes.
Then were did the healing power come from, if not from God?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
How is it possible for a person to heal, Jeffrey?
Through the power of God. Some believe in multiple gods, but if it works, ..

And I'm talking about laying hands on another...spiritual healing?
Why should that matter?

They heal because they have FAITH. When I place hands on an individual...my faith is in Christ Jesus.
That's you, but what about a Wiccan? Where does that power come from to heal?

If a Wiccan places hands on an individual...with their place and trust in another god or goddess...did the Christian God provide the healing power?
All in the same.

Are you implying that Wiccans worship the Christian God and give the Christian God credit for their healing powers?
God is God.

Are you implying that the Wiccan gods and goddesses ARE THE GOD Almighty?
Yep. Whether they be multiple, they are the same. If a person is healed through a higher power, and you believe there is only one higher power, how could it come from something else? I put a liquid in my car to make it run. Some call it fuel, others call it gas, others call it petro. But in the end, it's all the same...

dawny0826

Mother Heathen

If you believe and worship multiple gods...you're going against God's laws. Are you implying that God grants those who defies Him the ability to heal? Healing requires faith.

Why should that matter?

I was talking about spiritual healing as opposed to physical healing. There is a difference.

Good question. I don't believe that the ability to heal is coming from the Christian God. It's coming from whomever they are placing their trust in. According to the Bible...if your trust and faith is not in Christ...it is the advserary.

All in the same.

No, it's not all in the same. Are you implying that all Wiccans who place their faith in a god or goddess who they do not acknowledge as the God of Abraham...are really just lying to themselves and are blindly placing their faith in a God they do not accept?

God is God.

A god is not GOD.

Yep. Whether they be multiple, they are the same. If a person is healed through a higher power, and you believe there is only one higher power, how could it come from something else? I put a liquid in my car to make it run. Some call it fuel, others call it gas, others call it petro. But in the end, it's all the same

According to God...there are false gods. And there is a very real adversary who loves to blind us.

You have a very interesting view of God, which you're entitled to. But my hunch is that many would disagree...even Wiccans. I don't think that all Wiccans view their gods and goddesses as being one in the same to the Christian God. Remember, to accept the Christian God...one must also accept Christ.

turk179

I smell something....
dawny0826 said:
And since you don't believe in the Word...it makes sense that you aren't a Christian. :D

What makes sense to me spiritually, doesn't make sense to everyone. And that's fine.
You said it a lot better than I did. :bonk:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen

If you believe and worship multiple gods...you're going against God's laws. Are you implying that God grants those who defies Him the ability to heal? Healing requires faith.

Why should that matter?

There's a difference.

Good question. I don't believe that the ability to heal is coming from the Christian God. It's coming from whomever they are placing their trust in. According to the Bible...if your trust and faith is not in Christ...it is the advserary.

All in the same.

No, it's not all in the same. Are you implying that all Wiccans who place their faith in a god or goddess who they do not acknowledge as the God of Abraham...are really just lying to themselves and are blindly placing their faith in a God they do not accept?

God is God.

A god is not GOD.

Yep. Whether they be multiple, they are the same. If a person is healed through a higher power, and you believe there is only one higher power, how could it come from something else? I put a liquid in my car to make it run. Some call it fuel, others call it gas, others call it petro. But in the end, it's all the same

According to God...there are false gods. And there is a very real adversary who loves to blind us.

You have a very interesting view of God, which you're entitled to. But my hunch is that many would disagree...even Wiccans. I don't think that all Wiccans view their gods and goddesses as being one in the same to the Christian God. Remember, to accept the Christian God...one must also accept Christ.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:

I was talking about spiritual healing as opposed to physical healing. There is a difference.

A god is not GOD.

Then you believe there are other Gods with power?