• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trump's credibility finally sunk?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Can you come up with a list of 10 lies that Hillary told publicly?

Every word that comes out of her mouth is a lie.

Well then I guess you won't have any trouble at all giving us a list of 10 lies that Hillary told publicly.

Can't you see her only interest is to be an ongoing politician? She's a very corrupt woman who is only interested in money and politics.

... So your solution to this was to elect Trump? The greatest irony here is that Trump voters may have helped to create a brand new political dynasty in the USA.

She could care less about the U.S. citizens.

Couldn't. 'Could' doesn't make any sense. If she could care less that means she still cares to some degree. You're (I presume) trying to establish that she does not care about U.S. citizens.

At least Donald Trump had a big business hiring thousands of hard working people.

Do you seriously think that was an act of magnanimity? Job creation is a part of the profit-making process. And correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Trump's business stiffed thousands of contractors out of their pay? The notion that he cares about U.S. citizens doesn't exactly ring true if he's not even willing to remunerate them for their labour that he benefits from.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Precisely. He had none before my country was moronic enough to elect him has head of state. He certainly did not magically gain any by taking the office. There's probably plenty of grounds to impeach him already.

There is ground to impeach him, it really didn't take people very long to start making a list since he never cut his business ties. That is not the problem, the problem is getting support to impeach him. The dems don't want to support an impeachment unless there is enough support for it and the reps certainly don't want him gone. In order to impeach Trump he has to do something to erode his support amoung the Republicans.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
It never ceases to amaze me that many of those who are obviously dining on sour grapes still believe that Trump supporters thought that they were electing the Pope or the Messiah. They knew what they were getting. They also knew who the Donald was (and is). What they want is see some change in Washington no matter what it takes; and that is precisely what they are getting. No matter what you call Trump--a narcissist, liar, bully, green grocer, etc.---he is our _________ (fill in the blank) and you're stuck with him for at least the next four years.

Obama-Change-We-Can-Believe-In.jpg

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There are always differences in analogized situations....that's why they're analogies instead of identical.
And I know that the point, ie, the similarity, will be missed by those intent on denying it.
So it goes.
My point exactly.

Akivah

Politicians sling mud all the time; it's the nature of the business. Reagan and his cohorts said a lot of nasty things about Carter.

{snip}

It got better for a little while, but by the 1980s and 90s, the rhetoric started heating up and escalating again.

You're starting way too late. The mudslinging of Jefferson vs. Adams in 1800 was vicious. Adams vs. Jefferson: The Birth of Negative Campaigning in the U.S.
Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman." In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father." As the slurs piled on, Adams was labeled a fool, a hypocrite, a criminal, and a tyrant, while Jefferson was branded a weakling, an atheist, a libertine, and a coward.

Politics and Civility: Presidential Campaigns Have Always Been Nasty | The Philly Post | News | Philadelphia Magazine

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I agree that he tells some whoppers. However, none of that is illegal or actionable. I'm still waiting to see what he is going to do. Hopefully, he'll do something other than endlessly campaigning.
We'll see. The criminal allegation against President Obama is certainly libelous. At least, every single sign is pointing to Trump making the whole thing up. Unless, of course, we are to believe that he is stupid enough to believe an unsubstantiated claim by a Fox News conspiracy theorist like Napolitano. It seemed to be nothing more than a diversion technique, so the malicious intent is there.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Every word that comes out of her mouth is a lie. Can't you see her only interest is to be an ongoing politician? She's a very corrupt woman who is only interested in money and politics. She could care less about the U.S. citizens. At least Donald Trump had a big business hiring thousands of hard working people.
So, can you provide a list of examples of lies from Hillary?

Also, Trump was a ruthless businessman who had a habit of screwing over everyone who did business with him, hiding behind his lawyers. He refused to pay contractors, used dishonest scare tactics to coerce property owners, implemented racist housing policies, etc. There is no way anyone can consider him an honest businessman. He, more than any politician, only cared about his own interests and was willing to do anything to get what he wanted, often ruining peoples' lives financially in the process.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Politicians sling mud all the time; it's the nature of the business. Reagan and his cohorts said a lot of nasty things about Carter. When Nixon and McCarthy were buddy-buddy with each other, they made all kinds of accusations and allegations. They accused the Democrats of treason; that's some pretty serious stuff that the country never really recovered from, nor was anyone really held accountable for it either. Although McCarthy did get censured eventually.

It got better for a little while, but by the 1980s and 90s, the rhetoric started heating up and escalating again. It's gotten steadily worse since the turn of the century, with the mudslinging, the negative campaigning - all of which have created a very divisive and antagonistic political atmosphere and culture. People have just become plain nasty, and I even see it here in this forum.

This is what we have created. This is what we must own. We can't say (about Trump) "No fair! He made a false criminal allegation! That's bad form!" Not in this atmosphere, it's not. It's what we have brought upon ourselves. If we don't like it now, we should have thought about all this 20-30 years ago.

It's too late now. We're past the point of no return. Best to just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Wouldn't holding Trump accountable for his written word be a good start?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It's self-evident that it did.
It actually isn't. It may well have been the case, but it was a real close shave and Hillary actually won the popular vote.

Whatever motivated Trump voters is anything but self-evident.

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
STrumpet is a fraud and has always been one. Just look at his record of financial failure and his racist, misogynist rantings and his attempt to run this country on twitter. has he not shown his true colors? are there still people who think abolishing the affordable care act is an achievement? destroying the mechanisms by which we have managed to mitigate the worst excesses of business (environmental protection, OSHA, worker protection, etc) is a good thing? then you must be wealthy and own interest in businesses that farm out the work to the third world in order to make profits. just because we have an obscene amount of billionaires does not mean that our citizens are well off. it just means that they make money and the rest of us scrapes by. too many americans lack empathy and can only see how bad things are in relation to their own lives; refusing to look beyond their own backyard.
strumpet is screwing over the very people who elected him as we speak. he scared them into voting for him, promising a wall--that stupidity is beyond anything i even want to comprehend--instead of rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure. he puts people into position of power they cannot even pretend to be qualified for, Carlson and that idiot who thinks bible banging equals education come to mind right off. and sure, we need a stronger military too--because the idiot makes enemies with his racist rantings wherever he goes.
once upon a time, people thought that Americans can claim the moral high ground, NO WE CAN'T. we have a racist for president and a group of unqualified, greedy billionaires for policy makers who have proven over and over again that their private agendas trump the welfare of this country. yeah, give up your iphone because it will pay for your healthcare. how can people like this get elected? are we really too stupid to think for ourselves? we let the faux news propaganda machine run amok and their old men scare tactics persuae us that hte enemy is located in specific locales elsewhere when we have enemies within that do far worse to us?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Politicians sling mud all the time; it's the nature of the business. Reagan and his cohorts said a lot of nasty things about Carter. When Nixon and McCarthy were buddy-buddy with each other, they made all kinds of accusations and allegations. They accused the Democrats of treason; that's some pretty serious stuff that the country never really recovered from, nor was anyone really held accountable for it either. Although McCarthy did get censured eventually.

It got better for a little while, but by the 1980s and 90s, the rhetoric started heating up and escalating again. It's gotten steadily worse since the turn of the century, with the mudslinging, the negative campaigning - all of which have created a very divisive and antagonistic political atmosphere and culture. People have just become plain nasty, and I even see it here in this forum.

This is what we have created. This is what we must own. We can't say (about Trump) "No fair! He made a false criminal allegation! That's bad form!" Not in this atmosphere, it's not. It's what we have brought upon ourselves. If we don't like it now, we should have thought about all this 20-30 years ago.

It's too late now. We're past the point of no return. Best to just sit back and enjoy the ride.
I understand it during campaigns. It is fair game. But, the campaign is over.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If it helps, I'm outraged. But, his supporters seem to just point to past politicians to avoid holding him accountable.
I am by no means a Republican or Conservative, and even I was left puzzled at what was happening to the Republican party. To a great number of Republicans, especially the older ones, the troops are typically highly revered. I know some how at the absolute very least would have sucker punched him for daring to question and challenge the sincerity of the pains of the mother who didn't just loose her son, but lost her son who died for the country. Or maybe I was just raised around too many VFWers, but to many of them committing such an insult may as well be an unwritten 11th Commandment. I can see the "WWE campaign" appeal of mocking someone who is physically disabled, but to many Conservatives such behavior is barbaric. I live around a ton of Conservatives, they aren't largely the type who could stand to be within a 1-mile radius of Trump, let alone vote or someone who actually had the full support and approval of Vladimir Putin. Not to sound nostalgic, but when I was a kid any politician had ties to Russia like that and it would be political-career suicide.
Ultimately even comparing him to past politicians is failed, because to follow that course is to go down a path that will test if our politicians, military, police, and courts are loyal to the ideals of the Constitution or the whims of a man who has thus far taken all he can for himself. Unfortunately, that is already being tested.

jcforever

So, can you provide a list of examples of lies from Hillary?

Also, Trump was a ruthless businessman who had a habit of screwing over everyone who did business with him, hiding behind his lawyers. He refused to pay contractors, used dishonest scare tactics to coerce property owners, implemented racist housing policies, etc. There is no way anyone can consider him an honest businessman. He, more than any politician, only cared about his own interests and was willing to do anything to get what he wanted, often ruining peoples' lives financially in the process.

I'm not a hater of people like you are. Continue on hating until your body dies. Then you will never hate again.

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
yeah, that's a Reagan legacy. we no longer have the fair and balanced reporting.
here is a link for those who want to brush up on that part of our history Media deregulation - the thing Reagan did to really destroy our nation or try wikipedia for another version.
so why are we complaining about the media again? because strumpet gets his widdle feewings hurt when someone doesn't flatter him and tells him how great he is. would the media be a bit better if we did not insist on only wanting sensationalist news? if we actually cared about truth and not just slick packaging and superlative verbiage?
strumpet is only having a war with those who do not slobber all over him and flatter the ignorant fool. so there is no war, just a situation where a corrupt politician wants his head petted.

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
ah, this fine distinction has eluded me, thanks for clearing that up. nazi slime has to be called upstanding alt-right man of wealth. what's next? a pissing contest followed by dick measuring?