• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trump's credibility finally sunk?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Major lies from Trump thus far:
1. Number of people at his inauguration.
2. 3-5 million illegal votes for Clinton which cost him the popular vote.
3. Mexico will pay for the wall.
4. Sweden terrorist attack that never happened.
5. Obama ordered surveillance ("wiretapping" ... haha) of Trump Tower in NYC.
6. "The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process." (this one was my favorite, as Comey was able to call out Trump on this lie during the actual hearing)
7. "FBI Director Comey refuses to deny he briefed President Obama on calls made by Michael Flynn to Russia." (lol ... frustrated much, Trump?!)
8. Can't release tax returns because of routine audit.

... and the list goes on.

Is Trump finally going to be held accountable for all of these dishonest, untrue claims? Is he going to be a man and admit he was wrong, or is he going to wimp out and hope they all just go away?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Major lies from Trump thus far:
1. Number of people at his inauguration.
2. 3-5 million illegal votes for Clinton which cost him the popular vote.
3. Mexico will pay for the wall.
4. Sweden terrorist attack that never happened.
6. "The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process." (this one was my favorite, as Comey was able to call out Trump on this lie during the actual hearing)
7. "FBI Director Comey refuses to deny he briefed President Obama on calls made by Michael Flynn to Russia." (lol ... frustrated much, Trump?!)
8. Can't release tax returns because of routine audit.

... and the list goes on.

Is Trump finally going to be held accountable for all of these dishonest, untrue claims? Is he going to be a man and admit he was wrong, or is he going to wimp out and hope they all just go away?
This thread reminds me so much of anti-evolution threads.
I'm not saying you're wrong about Trump's bone headed addressing of reality.
But it's the continual rallying of the troops by repeating the same confirming beliefs.
The purpose isn't to convey information, or even to convince anyone who'd disagree.
It's entrenchment of belief.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Seeing that the whole system seemed against our elected president Trump, it is no surprise to me that they are blind to any evidence which would support Trump and the media's "watchful eye" can perceive them as lies. Can Trump fire Comey or disband the FBI?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I see. I think that the gravity of this accusation is outrageous towards a person like Obama, who has always behaved as the President of the United States would, especially in the Mediterranean area. And we all know what he did.

It's peculiar that you are making the argument that Obama is the kind of President that might wiretap Trump Towers.
I understand that Americans are more interested in what a president does in the country he rules, and they don't care how devastating and destabilizing his decisions can be in other parts of the world. For instance, only Europeans are paying the consequences of his decisions, not Americans.
I think that wiretapping a building is nothing compared to what Obama did in the Mediterranean area.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But it's the continual rallying of the troops by repeating the same confirming beliefs.
The purpose isn't to convey information, or even to convince anyone who'd disagree.
Creationism deals with things that are not true or reflected in reality and evidence.
A thread like this is dealing with facts, and pointing out that many are still defending Trump even though he makes a compulsive liar look honest. It also deals with expecting some honesty and decency from elected officials.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Deep down, my interest is to hear the arguments from the other side. I want to know why Trump supporters aren't holding him accountable yet. Obviously there are plenty of Trump Thumpers who are able to just ignore all this stuff. I want to know what's going on in their heads.

You, otoh, seem to have a pretty reasonable outlook on this political storm. I feel like I understand where you are coming from.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I see. I think that the gravity of this accusation is outrageous towards a person like Obama, who has always behaved as the President of the Unites States, especially in the Mediterranean area. And we all know what he did.

Also, what does this accusation have to do with Trump's wiretapping claim? It doesn't have anything to do with what he said. He didn't claim Obama was unpresidential or anything. He made a specific criminal accusation about surveillance of Trump Tower. Benghazi doesn't have anything to do with it.

Kind of sad that you have to reach that far.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Creationism deals with things that are not true or reflected in reality and evidence.
A thread like this is dealing with facts, and pointing out that many are still defending Trump even though he makes a compulsive liar look honest. It also deals with expecting some honesty and decency from elected officials.
But facts which are the same old same old, repeated over & over.
That's the similarity.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Is Trump finally going to be held accountable for all of these dishonest, untrue claims?
No.

... Is he going to be a man and admit he was wrong, ...?
"be a man"? Good grief!

..., or is he going to wimp out and hope they all just go away?
This is not Jr. High School and Trump's actions have nothing whatsoever to do with "being a man" or "wimping out."
They have everything to do with Trump being a narcissist, a bully, and a pathological liar.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Deep down, my interest is to hear the arguments from the other side. I want to know why Trump supporters aren't holding him accountable yet. Obviously there are plenty of Trump Thumpers who are able to just ignore all this stuff. I want to know what's going on in their heads.

You, otoh, seem to have a pretty reasonable outlook on this political storm. I feel like I understand where you are coming from.
Just as some dwell on the negative, fans see only the positive.
So don't hold your breath....just as I don't expect to convert
creationists to meaningless godless evolution.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I see. I think that the gravity of this accusation is outrageous towards a person like Obama, who has always behaved as the President of the Unites States, especially in the Mediterranean area. And we all know what he did.

It's peculiar that you are making the argument that Obama is the kind of President that might wiretap Trump Towers. That is not the issue at hand. The question is whether he actually did order a wiretap or surveillance of Trump Tower. Trump made the claim publicly that it was a "fact" that Obama ordered an "illegal" wiretap of Trump Tower. Not one piece of evidence has been presented thus far. So, all signs are pointing to either Trump making it up or being stupid enough to base his claim on a report by Judge Napolitano. Either way, it is despicable.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Trump's credibility was never very high, but I guess it has sunk somewhat.

That is of only limited significance, though, because his supporters are almost by definition not very concerned with credibility in any case.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Is Trump finally going to be held accountable for all of these dishonest, untrue claims?
Are you kidding? Do you really expect Trump's staunchest supporters to ever admit to him being so dishonest?

I can excuse ignorance to a large extent, but I can't excuse the level of utter depravity that we hear from so many, but certainly not all, of his most loyal followers.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I am thinking we will just continue to create more untrue claims and we will be discussing the most recent one until the next one comes along. I do not see anything near a tipping point at this time.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Actually you don't know what he did-- or so it appears.

There's been around 10 different Benghazi investigations, and not one of them established any legal or moral culpability against the Obama administration. Matter of fact, in the last Congressional investigation that was aired on CSpan, the Republicans came off as pretty much total fools-- although the likes of Fox, Limbaugh, and Breitbart undoubtedly said otherwise.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Just as some dwell on the negative, fans see only the positive.
So don't hold your breath....just as I don't expect to convert
creationists to meaningless godless evolution.
Quite the weird comparison, but if you say that you see any sense in it, I guess I have to believe you.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Actually you don't know what he did-- or so it appears.

There's been around 10 different Benghazi investigations, and not one of them established any legal or moral culpability against the Obama administration. Matter of fact, in the last Congressional investigation that was aired on CSpan, the Republicans came off as pretty much total fools-- although the likes of Fox, Limbaugh, and Breitbart undoubtedly said otherwise.
Trouble is, they have become so used to it that there is hardly anything to lose anymore.

The GOP no longer needs, and perhaps no longer wants, to avoid being ridiculous.