• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trump trying to start a war?

74x12

American ship/destroyer shoot down iranian drone. but the strange thing is, it is Ameria that have war ship in Area they not.( yes i know it is in international zone but still it is an provocation)

Techically This can lead to war.
I think so. Many people think it's war for Israel.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What about Trump declaring "The oil of Irak belongs to America" ... I could not have believed it , if I did not see Trump say it himself.

We did he do that? I've heard he suggested Iraq reimburse the US for the cost of going to war to protect Iraq. Regardless I can't account for what Trump says, but I doubt there's any serious plan to plunder Iraq's oil.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If Trump really wanted a war, why would he wait for a pretext? He doesn't seem to be the kind that gives a **** about world opinion.
I think we're in a cyber war with Iran now. I doubt there will be a real all out shooting war - just a succession of incidents.

Ellen Brown

American ship/destroyer shoot down iranian drone. but the strange thing is, it is Ameria that have war ship in Area they not.( yes i know it is in international zone but still it is an provocation)

No, he is just a blithering idiot.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

Biased much?

Not too long ago you accused Trump of potentially starting a war because Iran shot down a U.S. drone in international waters.

Now the U.S. shoots down a Iranian drone in international waters and Trump is trying to start a war?

So basically you want war with the U.S. because any and every action you think is us wanting war.

Honestly I'm about done fooling with folks like this. You want war, it will come. You will not like it.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I don't really think he is or he would have used the opportunity when the Iranians shot down our drone. I'm glad he didn't and hope he doesn't.
I will give Trump credit here. He has avoided conflict and American lives in another conflict. Let's keep that trend up!

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Wars are generally good for ratings.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't know if Trump is trying to start a war. If the U.S. goes to war with Iran, it wouldn't necessarily be due to Trump, since Iran has been considered a hostile, rogue nation by the U.S. for nearly 40 years now.

Of course, the Iranians have had a grudge against the U.S. because of our support of the Shah's regime, which was eventually overthrown in 1979. The Iranians also stormed the U.S. embassy and held Americans hostage for 444 days. If there was ever a time when Americans were angry enough to support a war against Iran, that was it.

But now, I'm not sure that there's as much public support for a war against Iran. I don't see that there's really that much war fever out there, and in fact, I think much of the public has grown weary of war at this point.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Iran shoots down U.S. drone
Media: Trump wants to start a war

U.S. shoots down an Iranian drone
Media: Trump wants to start a war

Does Iran have any responsibility in all of this?

Shaul

Premium Member
President Trump has been in office two and a half years. He hasn’t started any wars. Much to the consternation of his critics who are itching to brand him a war monger. To the contrary he has ended the U.S. involvement in Syria (started by Obama). He has also signaled the possibility of getting the U.S. troops out of Afghanistan. What do you think would happen if if did that shortly before the 2020 election? It would take the strength out of attempts to falsely label him a war monger.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
If Trump starts a war, he'll likely lose 2020 and he knows it. America has been at war for almost 20 years now and we're all sick and tired of it. For as crass, crude and oafish as Trump can be, he's not stupid when it comes to marketing and reading a crowd. He knows what will set the media and the public off in one way or another--he knows what will stir up controversy and distract attention towards whatever bait he wants to put out, and he knows what will genuinely hurt his chances of reelection.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Biased much?

Not too long ago you accused Trump of potentially starting a war because Iran shot down a U.S. drone in international waters.

Now the U.S. shoots down a Iranian drone in international waters and Trump is trying to start a war?

So basically you want war with the U.S. because any and every action you think is us wanting war.

Honestly I'm about done fooling with folks like this. You want war, it will come. You will not like it.
No i do not want war. But as you noticed correctly, i do not like Trump and his warmonger people like Bolton. No matter what the world do, it pisses off Trump. And he is crazy guy. So yes i believe he will cause war.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
No i do not want war. But as you noticed correctly, i do not like Trump and his warmonger people like Bolton. No matter what the world do, it pisses off Trump. And he is crazy guy. So yes i believe he will cause war.

That's the beauty of diplomacy. We can get pissed off, and lay down sanctions or other restrictions that prevent us from having to go to war to stop someone from doing a bad thing. Nobody wants war. The U.S. doesn't, Iran doesn't, Europe and the rest of the Middle East doesn't either.

But if Iran keeps poking the dragon. The dragon will awake and swallow it whole.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
V
That's the beauty of diplomacy. We can get pissed off, and lay down sanctions or other restrictions that prevent us from having to go to war to stop someone from doing a bad thing. Nobody wants war. The U.S. doesn't, Iran doesn't, Europe and the rest of the Middle East doesn't either.

But if Iran keeps poking the dragon. The dragon will awake and swallow it whole.
Very similar toTrump retoric you use....

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
We did he do that? I've heard he suggested Iraq reimburse the US for the cost of going to war to protect Iraq. Regardless I can't account for what Trump says, but I doubt there's any serious plan to plunder Iraq's oil.
I don't know why Trump does that. Lucky for us Trump is not "really in charge". He is also just a puppet in the big play of the "really rich people"

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
If Trump was truly a warmonger, he would have followed Bolton's advice and gone through with the strike on Iran. That said, Bolton needs to be thrown onto the pavement and be told to make himself scarce. He's the neocon a-hole who helped get us into this whole Middle Eastern fiasco in the first place.