• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trump Trying to Get Us into War to Get Reelected?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As you know from having studied history, just about the oldest trick that politicians use to rally people around them is the trick of going to war -- especially if they can make it look like the war was the other guy's fault.

With that in mind...

Is Trump trying to provoke Iran into attacking us so he can get us into a war that will rally enough voters to his side in time for him to get reelected?

If so, (1) why do you think so, and (2) why do you think his method of getting us into a war will help him get reelected, as opposed to help him get thrown out of office? Basically, why do you think enough American's to reelect Trump are dumb enough to fall for the oldest trick in the book of politics?

If not, (1) why do you put it past Trump to intentionally provoke Iran into attacking us, and (2) why do you think he has picked this particular minute in history to provoke Iran?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
No, even those opposed to Trump conceded that he may very well win in 2020 so there would be no reason to start a war. it's basically Iran thinking that the U.S. is one of those Devil stones at the Hajj during the Great Jamara ritual, the problem is that the U.S. "Great Satan" threw a stone back.

If Trump did nothing I imagine that it would be claimed he refused to do anything to pander to his base no matter if it made the U.S. look weak.
Oh well, SSDD

Last edited:

Straw Dog

Frankly, I’m surprised it took him this long. 1) because he’s narcissistic and will do anything to win (plus, who can think about impeachment during wartime, we need to rally around our fearless leader) and 2) have you observed the average American voter’s knowledge of history? Abysmal, even if we are the greatest country in the history of the entire world or any other world ever.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
As you know from having studied history, just about the oldest trick that politicians use to rally people around them is the trick of going to war -- especially if they can make it look like the war was the other guy's fault.

With that in mind...

Is Trump trying to provoke Iran into attacking us so he can get us into a war that will rally enough voters to his side in time for him to get reelected?

If so, (1) why do you think so, and (2) why do you think his method of getting us into a war will help him get reelected, as opposed to help him get thrown out of office? Basically, why do you think enough American's to reelect Trump are dumb enough to fall for the oldest trick in the book of politics?

If not, (1) why do you put it past Trump to intentionally provoke Iran into attacking us, and (2) why do you think he has picked this particular minute in history to provoke Iran?

Trump's behavior is so visibly erratic and irrational, it's honestly hard to say from one minute to the next what he's thinking. If this is a political strategy for reelection, I'm not sure it'll work. The American people are tired of our involvement in the Middle East and part of Trump's appeal to a certain segment of the electorate was his opposition to the Iraq War.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

With that in mind...

According to our Commander in Chief Donald Trump, he ordered the killing of Qassim Soleimani in order to 'stop a war' with Iran

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
That makes no sense.

If the U.S. military would've been able to kill Adolf Hitler in 1932, then this might have prevented war. Right? Iran's military leader plotted lethal attacks against Americans, so likewise, this Iranian top General's demise by U.S. military drones might've helped prevent further conflict between the U.S. and Iran. Right?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If the U.S. military would've been able to kill Adolf Hitler in 1932, then this might have prevented war. Right? Iran's military leader plotted lethal attacks against Americans, so likewise, this Iranian top General's demise by U.S. military drones might've helped prevent further conflict between the U.S. and Iran. Right?
Always remember that we attacked Iran first.
And we did so on a much larger scale.
So we do not have the moral high ground, having made them the enemy.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If the U.S. military would've been able to kill Adolf Hitler in 1932, then this might have prevented war.

Maybe, but if the US military killed Hermann Goering in 1932, it might have led to a different result in WW2.

Shad

Veteran Member

With that in mind...

I do not think he is trying to get into a war at all. He just isnt acting weak in the face of Iran's actions. Beside the attack on the Embassy which is US soil is the act of war. So Iran already declared it.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
According to our Commander in Chief Donald Trump, he ordered the killing of Qassim Soleimani in order to 'stop a war' with Iran
Why should I pay any attention to someone who lies all the time. I assume he lied about this and everything his regime's people say is a lie as well. If he were to say the sun is out, I'd look for my umbrella and the odds are I'd be correct to do so.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Also the claim that he started a war with Iran in order to stop a war with Iran is insane on the face of it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm not a big fan of the Donald but he seems not the war monger many other politicians are. (Including H. Clinton)
War is bad for business (if the business isn't weapons). Trump has business ties all over the world. If he is going to start a war it will be by accident through his stupidity.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The second I saw Trump, I knew he is a big narcissist.
Narcissists do whatever needed to show off to the world.

Getting reelected is a good enough reason for such a narcissist I would say

Hopefully Americans finally see through this "fake president" and not vote again for him

I will not be surprised if Trump will take America down in the end.

PureX

Veteran Member
Wars are big money-makers for the rich. The only reason Trump is still in office is because he is being protected by the rich and powerful, through their political toadies in the republican party. Trump is making them a lot richer, and he's getting all the blame from those who are being hurt. That's been very good for the rich, and for the political toadies that do their bidding (republican and democrat). When the greed machine blows up the economy, again, as it's bound to do, they'll all blame it on Trump, and on the "other guys" in office, and use their excessive wealth to buy up even more of the country and the world at crash prices. And then they'll move on into the next cycle of economic rape. They have the system fully rigged, and they will continue doing this so long as the rest of us continue letting them. War is just part of the big 'greed game' we're all living in, now. So are the Donald Trumps.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
It makes the US look to all other nations as erratic and unreliable, thus weakening the US' influence in the world. Anything that makes the US less trustworthy to the international community opens more opportunities for Russia/Putin to have influence.

The Germans claimed that Russia interfered.in their elections then they said it was the U.S. , now they have Nordstream 2. Tell me how having a major oil pipeline from Russia to Germany will not have an effect on German politics.