• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Three equal to Five

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I spelt out the maths!

Ig iz the women who are benefitting hugely by jumping on the woke gender equality feminist bandwagon so they could bag money without the effort.

Their issue was EQUALITY OF PAY (Prize money) but they didn’t consider EQUALITY of GAME PLAY.

EQUALITY is a single entity… there is no partiality.

As a point: can you give me an example of EQUALITY that was partial?

Definition of EQUALITY
Equality and equal
-the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities. Notice the or and broad categories
-like in quality, nature, or status. Again or and broad categories.
-ike for each member of a group, class, or society. Again the same.
-regarding or affecting all objects in the same way. What same way, your or mine?

Equal is what you choose to measure by a certain standard chosen by you. I use another.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
That would really put the fox among the chickens!

How come they don’t do that already for Golf??? They already have handicaps so should be easy to step one step further? Mixed gender golf… bring it on!

I asked the same with Snooker (on a different forum) and got some truly weird responses as to why no mixed sex snooker - especially as Stamina, endurance, speed, size, bulk, muscle, … have little to no impact.., it’s purely SKILL….

No one gave a straight answer!!!

Women compete against Men in darts and do play against them in snooker, but not it seems in competition.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Definition of EQUALITY
Equality and equal
-the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities. Notice the or and broad categories
-like in quality, nature, or status. Again or and broad categories.
-ike for each member of a group, class, or society. Again the same.
-regarding or affecting all objects in the same way. What same way, your or mine?

Equal is what you choose to measure by a certain standard chosen by you. I use another.
I asked you for an example of partial equality.

Soapy

Women compete against Men in darts and do play against them in snooker, but not it seems in competition.
I think the point is in the words ‘COMPETE’ and ‘COMPETITION’.

They aren’t really COMPETING unless they are in a competition with regulated rules and categories.

Anyone can compete with anyone in an unregulated game. I think Mohammed Ali ‘competed’ with a wrestler one time…. Turned into pure farce! A man who had done no exercise for days and ate burgers and rubbish food BEAT both Williams sisters in back to back tennis play!!
Battle of the Sexes (tennis) - Wikipedia

It goes with what I’ve been saying all along in respect of gender equality or not gender equality. Games have been tried but played secretly - in case it embarrasses the lesser ability gendered person. It leaks out somehow, though.

Last edited:

Ella S.

*temp banned*
I spelt out the maths!

Ig iz the women who are benefitting hugely by jumping on the woke gender equality feminist bandwagon so they could bag money without the effort.

Their issue was EQUALITY OF PAY (Prize money) but they didn’t consider EQUALITY of GAME PLAY.

EQUALITY is a single entity… there is no partiality.

As a point: can you give me an example of EQUALITY that was partial?

I read your rationalizations, but your motivations are transparent.

Soapy

On what standard by which categories? You really don't seem to get it. You take your own thinking for granted.
So you really cannot give an example of a partial equality, then.

Well, that’s quite obvious since there is no such thing as a partial equality. Equality is a single entity… Anything outside of ‘Equal’ is ‘Not Equal’… simple binary logic.

Why not just admit it! No one is going to judge you for being wrong…. Learning is a good thing: learning requires not knowing something-being taught or receiving knowledge-and then accepting the truth of it.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
So you really cannot give an example of a partial equality, then.

Well, that’s quite obvious since there is no such thing as a partial equality. Equality is a single entity… Anything outside of ‘Equal’ is ‘Not Equal’… simple binary logic.

Why not just admit it! No one is going to judge you for being wrong…. Learning is a good thing: learning requires not knowing something-being taught or receiving knowledge-and then accepting the truth of it.

You are doing the fallacy of reduction and false dilemma. Further you eliminate cognition while taking your own for granted.

Soapy

You are doing the fallacy of reduction and false dilemma. Further you eliminate cognition while taking your own for granted.
I don’t care what you call it… all I asked you for was to show an example of partial equality. What’s hard about that if you believe it?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I don’t care what you call it… all I asked you for was to show an example of partial equality. What’s hard about that if you believe it?

You really don't get it, do you? I use another standard for the actually basic understanding of what equality is in your OP example.
Go back and look at the actual list of definitions and see if you can understand what is at play?

Soapy

You really don't get it, do you? I use another standard for the actually basic understanding of what equality is in your OP example.
Go back and look at the actual list of definitions and see if you can understand what is at play?
Just answer the question or just admit that there is no such thing as partial equality.

Soapy

I reject your authority to control reality and frame it a certain way.
It’s as I thought - you can’t.

It’s not an authority! You claimed that there was such a thing as partial equality and I said, ‘poppycock!’.

You insisted that you were right and so I asked you to prove it…

Since then you have struggled to say that you cannot.

In fact, the reason you cannot is because there is no such thing as partial equality. You tried to work your way out of answering by claiming that you already answered and that there were different versions of what each individual classed as equality… pure utter nonsense!

And as a lady desperate gasp you claim you are standing your ground on not answering because you feel I am putting an authority on you to do so! … Classic distraction technique for a loser!!

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It’s as I thought - you can’t.

It’s not an authority! You claimed that there was such a thing as partial equality and I said, ‘poppycock!’.

You insisted that you were right and so I asked you to prove it…

Since then you have struggled to say that you cannot.

In fact, the reason you cannot is because there is no such thing as partial equality. You tried to work your way out of answering by claiming that you already answered and that there were different versions of what each individual classed as equality… pure utter nonsense!

And as a lady desperate gasp you claim you are standing your ground on not answering because you feel I am putting an authority on you to do so! … Classic distraction technique for a loser!!

Okay, yes. Partial to you but different to me. You can't understand that we are arguing about 2 different ways of thinking and you claim that yours are in effect absolutely objective true and independent of thinking. As long as you don't get that, we won't agree, because I will just think differently.

Soapy

Okay, yes. Partial to you but different to me. You can't understand that we are arguing about 2 different ways of thinking and you claim that yours are in effect absolutely objective true and independent of thinking. As long as you don't get that, we won't agree, because I will just think differently.
Ok, I agree that we will never agree asking as there is only one definition of ‘Equality’ set out on the table.

So, to put things in perspective (for your sake!) please then give me an example of YOUR version of Equality … anything that says ‘Equality’ in your version…

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Ok, I agree that we will never agree asking as there is only one definition of ‘Equality’ set out on the table.

So, to put things in perspective (for your sake!) please then give me an example of YOUR version of Equality … anything that says ‘Equality’ in your version…

Well, not Equality to start with. So instead equality as the state of being equal: being the same in quantity, size, degree, or value

For your example the players are equal in that they must negotiate in same degree and thus get whatever value they can get out of it as free agents in a free market. Thus the payment are achieved under equal conditions as no one has done anything illegal. They all try to get the most out of it.
So I just used the definition of equal as in the same degree. You just used another standard.