• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this what dating has come down to?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I bet it's because the dads are only part time dads, often taking the kids for the weekend. With the mother it's a full time job.

That's not always true. When I was 6, my parents were divorced, and my mother was awarded custody of my brother and me (my dad didn't contest that at all). She moved us across the country, so even seeing my dad on weekends was no longer an option (although I saw him at Christmas and summer vacation). However, for a variety of reasons and circumstances too long to go into right now, my brother and I moved back with our dad by the time I was age 9 and lived with him until I was 18.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Been there, done that. Single mothers in my section are picky especially in their early to mid 40's. Many (not all) don't compromise and are unwilling to. My chances are better with females in their mid to late 20's

I've found that women in their 40s and 50s can be a bit of a mixed bag, although I think I get a more realistic picture when I consider the women I know in real life versus those with whom I communicate online.

Shakeel

That's not always true. When I was 6, my parents were divorced, and my mother was awarded custody of my brother and me (my dad didn't contest that at all). She moved us across the country, so even seeing my dad on weekends was no longer an option (although I saw him at Christmas and summer vacation). However, for a variety of reasons and circumstances too long to go into right now, my brother and I moved back with our dad by the time I was age 9 and lived with him until I was 18.
But I'd imagine it to be an assumption. A woman who wants to date a previously married man with children most likely doesn't expect she has to become "a mother" to his children.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The following video is an interesting analysis of the current dating era and an honest wake-up call for men to be more vigilant in regards to finding a life partner for themselves.

Brandon is a jerk.
He invited a woman out, offered to pay for a movie ticket, was bloody rude to her, and then demanded that she repay him.
Brandon is showing the World just what kind of domination freak he would be in any relationship.
He should be banned from the site in future!

I didn't watch the outcome of his civil case, I just hope the judge thought he was an unreasonable jerk as well..... :D

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I live in the same world as you. Am I wrong?

You don't have non-Muslim allies therefore you would hardly know the interworkings of the dating life or what single mothers and single fathers go through who are non-Muslim. I suspect the amount of your knowledge about these issues is limited to Muslims you surround yourself with.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
And 9 times out of 10, men will see this woman as a looser and reject her.
I think Brandon is a loser.
Honestly, who would want to live with that idiot?

My wife's work colleague goes on dating sites, and enjoys naughty weekends at Butlins. I don't suppose you've.....? No! Absolutely.... :D

One bloke insisted that he would not go out with her unless she showed him how she would dominate him whilst on-line. The things that she made him do...... *shock horror* Anyway, she decided that fit and smart might be better than older and daft. The updates continue....... :)

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Brandon is a jerk.
He invited a woman out, offered to pay for a movie ticket, was bloody rude to her, and then demanded that she repay him.
Brandon is showing the World just what kind of domination freak he would be in any relationship.

I didn't watch the outcome of his civil case, I just hope the judge thought he was an unreasonable jerk as well..... :D

I'll admit he was stupid. For one he made the stupid suggestion of watching Guardians of the Galaxy which is a 3-hour movie. Second, he decided to go to a small claims court for $17.31 cents. I don't blame him for getting upset after she ghosted him, but it is kind of petty to do the most for $17.31 and even counted it out in front of her.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But I'd imagine it to be an assumption. A woman who wants to date a previously married man with children most likely doesn't expect she has to become "a mother" to his children.

I wouldn't assume that all women would feel the same way about this. When my dad remarried, I think he and my step-mom may have had some kind of "Brady Bunch" delusion where they thought her kids and us would just meld together as a family unit. It didn't happen that way.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Brandon is a jerk.

I agree he was a jerk, although in fairness, she was also bloody rude for texting with her friend and walking out on a date.

Of course, the guy was over the top for trying to sue her in court. I'm sure Judge Wapner would have thrown it out.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've heard before that some judges will get a little irritated if you sue for petty amounts over petty things - like you are wasting their valuable time and experience just for a few bucks. But I haven't looked up cases on the matter.

Shakeel

You don't have non-Muslim allies therefore you would hardly know the interworkings of the dating life or what single mothers and single fathers go through who are non-Muslim. I suspect the amount of your knowledge about these issues is limited to Muslims you surround yourself with.
So, am I wrong?

Shakeel

I wouldn't assume that all women would feel the same way about this. When my dad remarried, I think he and my step-mom may have had some kind of "Brady Bunch" delusion where they thought her kids and us would just meld together as a family unit. It didn't happen that way.
I'm actually talking about a single person meeting someone with children, but no, of course not everyone, I was just generalising as to why men with children may be seen as more desirable than women with children.