• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is This Vaccine Moral?

Is it moral to vaccinate schoolgirls against the HP virus?

• Total voters
i think that this vaccine is a good thing. HPV kills so many women, you dont even know if you can develope the virus untill something goes wrong. i think its really stupid to discourage women to deny this life saving breakthrough in medicine just because you think that it may lead to promiscious behavior in young women. if parents were instilling good values in there daughters and sons there wouldnt be any need to worry about the promiscuity factor. i think that if we can save the lives of millions of women that we should. if you dont want it dont take it.

mostly harmless

Endlessly amused
pete29 said:
mostly harmless said:
Please consider this. Is it the religion or some of the people involved in the religion that are intolerant and hypocritical. I am Roman Catholic and although some of us ( I include myself because as a human I'm not perfect) are as you say, I find the teachings of the Church to be full of Hope and Love.:)
I found the teachings to be full of intolerance and judgement dressed up as love.

Here in Ct, I guess the Governor is still debating on whether to make the vax mandatory or not...I think it should be recommended as part of the regular vax schedule but not mandatory. It is not the sort of highly infectious disease that we need to worry about catching from one another through a sneeze or something.

EDITED to add: What is going on with the quote thingy?????

pete29

mostly harmless said:
pete29 said:
I found the teachings to be full of intolerance and judgement dressed up as love.

Here in Ct, I guess the Governor is still debating on whether to make the vax mandatory or not...I think it should be recommended as part of the regular vax schedule but not mandatory. It is not the sort of highly infectious disease that we need to worry about catching from one another through a sneeze or something.

EDITED to add: What is going on with the quote thingy?????
Could you please explain which teachings you are referring to. The quote thingy is so I can talk to you personally and that you know that I'm talking to you.

standing_on_one_foot

It's moral, I should think. Just because people want there to be the threat of cancer involved with sex doesn't make the vaccine immoral. Anyhow, it's not as though cervical cancer is the main worry of any kid considering sex, I promise you. On the list of scary well-known STD's, it's not terribly high at the moment.

I suppose I'd have a problem if you couldn't conscientously object, just on the basis that I think it's reasonable to not want the government to have complete control over this sort of thing, but that's another issue entirely.

But heck, I'd be happy if we could eliminate sexual diseases altogether.

mostly harmless

Endlessly amused
pete29 said:
mostly harmless said:
Could you please explain which teachings you are referring to. The quote thingy is so I can talk to you personally and that you know that I'm talking to you.

Yeah, I know...but the names are mixed up...I'm quoting you but my name is showing up..the "quoter" is confused...

And, now I am not going to get into which teachings drove me away...there were too many, and I have no interest in debating them. Thanks anyway.

pete29

mostly harmless said:
pete29 said:
Yeah, I know...but the names are mixed up...I'm quoting you but my name is showing up..the "quoter" is confused...

And, now I am not going to get into which teachings drove me away...there were too many, and I have no interest in debating them. Thanks anyway.
Yes it is confusing.

I hope you find what you're looking for. I was just curious. Sorry for any intrusion.