• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this true?About the occult?

Frank Goad

Is this true?About the occult?I have heard it said.That some people turn to the occult.Because God takes to long.On answering their prayers.:(

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is this true?About the occult?I have heard it said.That some people turn to the occult.Because God takes to long.On answering their prayers.:(
They still have to understand the hidden teaching, without understanding the teaching it would be difficult for them to understand when God speaking to them. No matter if they follow a occult/hidden teaching or not.

The Crimson Universe

There are good occult practices like deep meditation that opens up your chakras and gives you psychic powers like clairvoyance, levitation, astral projection etc.

Then there are evil occult practices like witchcraft etc. to harm others.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Are you seeking the occult because your prayer has not been answered?
What in the occult practice do you believe will make you get "contact" with God? :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
There are good occult practices like deep meditation that opens up your chakras and gives you psychic powers like clairvoyance, levitation, astral projection etc.

*Angry Witch Noises* Evil?!
Ok i guess i was wrong. :oops: Sorry about that. Just looked up on google and found that all witches or wiccans aren't evil. Some revere nature and use magic to help people as well.
*squints* I'll never forgive you! Just kidding glad you learnt something today! If you got any questions about witchcraft feel free to ask me. I ain't a wiccan tho. No we aint evil. Most of us aren't anyway.

The Crimson Universe

*Angry Witch Noises* Evil?!
*squints* I'll never forgive you! Just kidding glad you learnt something today! If you got any questions about witchcraft feel free to ask me. I ain't a wiccan tho. No we aint evil. Most of us aren't anyway.

I watched a movie long ago. Its not based on true events or anything, probably just fiction. Anyway, so there was this witch who lived in some remote part of the forest and was malevolent. Her true appearance was ghastly, non-human, but she could turn herself into a beautiful lady or animal anytime to lure people into her den.

Do you think witches in the past were non-human supernatural beings ... or were they just humans who practiced magic spells so they could change their appearances?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I watched a movie long ago. Its not based on true events or anything, probably just fiction. Anyway, so there was this witch who lived in some remote part of the forest and was malevolent. Her true appearance was ghastly, non-human, but she could turn herself into a beautiful lady or animal anytime to lure people into her den.

Do you think witches in the past were non-human supernatural beings ... or were they just humans who practiced magic spells so they could change their appearances?
No to both questions altho glamour magick can make you more confident causing you to feel you look prettier.

Viker

Häxan

Not all witchcraft is harmful. Most have a mantra "harm none". In diabolism we would only harm another if it were absolutely warranted with no other options left.

MyM

In Islam, all forms of practicing witchcraft, sorcery, engaging in fortune-tellers(if you even go to one your prayers are not accepted for 40 days),
all forms involving the jinn and evil desecrating factors that get involved, all of this is FORBIDDEN in Islam.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम

Nah not for me. I just like the occult because I like witchy things *shrugs* I still pray.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I suppose some do when they get what they need and not what they want.

According to legend, Milarepa turned to sorcery first to get revenge on a relative and only afterwards turned away from sorcery.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I heard a black guy say this somewhere on the web.And it got to me.Can't give a link.Because the man gets preachy about the occult.:(

Why not just go to your closest metaphysical supply store and find yourself some Occult books and become aquainted with the thought?

Last edited: