• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is This the Catalyst for Israel to Strike Iran?

clara17

Memorable member
What is the motivation to destabilize the middle-east?

To continue weakening the nations surrounding Israel, until there is no opposition remaining. What did you think the Arab Spring, the Gulf War, the Iraq Iran war, and the countless regime changes were about? Try asking anyone who lives in the Middle East, rather than the western media.

RestlessSoul

Pretty much, it's used by the ruling classes to control the plebs.

Religious zeal has certainly been used as a recruiting sergeant for wars since the dawn of time, but wars are fought for worldly power and wealth, pretty much invariably. A region that has been a trading hub between continents, and an intersection between empires, was always destined to be fought over; and then the world got addicted to oil...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
To continue weakening the nations surrounding Israel, until there is no opposition remaining. What did you think the Arab Spring, the Gulf War, the Iraq Iran war, and the countless regime changes were about? Try asking anyone who lives in the Middle East, rather than the western media.

So you don't think human rights violations, political corruption, economic decline, unemployment, extreme poverty, had anything to do with it?

Sure the CIA works to manipulate other countries but the conditions have to exist which allows this manipulation.

clara17

Memorable member
Religious zeal has certainly been used as a recruiting sergeant for wars since the dawn of time, but wars are fought for worldly power and wealth, pretty much invariably. A region that has been a trading hub between continents, and an intersection between empires, was always destined to be fought over; and then the world got addicted to oil...

You pretty much described the central theme of the Bible.
"but wars are fought for worldly power and wealth, pretty much invariably."

Worldy power and wealth, vs spiritual power and wealth.
Building an earthly kingdom that will fall apart, or a spiritual one that will not.
So maybe it is a religious conflict.

clara17

Memorable member
So you don't think human rights violations, political corruption, economic decline, unemployment, extreme poverty, had anything to do with it?

Sure the CIA works to manipulate other countries but the conditions have to exist which allows this manipulation.

Has there ever been a time/place that didnt have those things? I had not heard of one?

RestlessSoul

You pretty much described the central theme of the Bible.
"but wars are fought for worldly power and wealth, pretty much invariably."

Worldy power and wealth, vs spiritual power and wealth.
Building an earthly kingdom that will fall apart, or a spiritual one that will not.
So maybe it is a religious conflict.

Well now you are touching on the conflict within the soul of men and women. Which, it seems to me, is perhaps the true meaning of Jihad.

As for The Bible, it surely has many, sometimes conflicting themes? But the guidance from the Gospels seems fairly unequivocal to me; the treasures of enduring value are not the things of this world. Hence, we are advised to render unto Caesar those things which are Caesars, and unto God those things which are Gods. And this is surely Caesar's world.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
“We will not back off from the annihilation of Israel, even one millimeter,” Brig.-Gen. Abolfazl Shekarchi, spokesman for the Islamic Republic of Iran’s armed forces, told the Iranian Students News Agency. “We want to destroy Zionism in the world.”

I know that Israel (or any government) is no saint but are there really any options for Israel?

I do know that Israel has given concession after concession... but where has it gotten them?

Thoughts?
After so recently getting out of Afghanistan, I expect
Biden to be loath to start another war. Moreover, he's
likely not going to run for a 2nd term, which would be
another risk factor.
Anyway, judge by actions...Iran is typically a country
that gets attacked, rather than one that attacks.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If you can find a way to get rid of religion and stop people believing in magical supreme beings, a lot of the worlds problems will go away.

That's optimistic. We will just find new stuff to fight over.

Religion isn't necessary to cause strife, we do it quite well with our minds.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
That's optimistic. We will just find new stuff to fight over.

Religion isn't necessary to cause strife, we do it quite well with our minds.

You're probably right but it's worth a try. Religion and politics seem to be the main motivator.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
You're probably right but it's worth a try. Religion and politics seem to be the main motivator.

It's anything that fosters an Us vs Them mentality.

If it's not politics, it's immigrants, it it's not immigrants it's other religions. If it's not that it's poor people, or race, or whether or not a tech companies invention is beneficial or detrimental.

exchemist

Veteran Member
If you can find a way to get rid of religion and stop people believing in magical supreme beings, a lot of the worlds problems will go away.
Animosity towards Israel is basically all about land.

And we will get a lot more of that as climate change gets into its stride, whatever religions get caught up in it.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yes... along with atheism... we want robots!!!

But is your comment even relevant to the subject?

Kenny

Premium Member
After so recently getting out of Afghanistan, I expect
Biden to be loath to start another war. Moreover, he's
likely not going to run for a 2nd term, which would be
another risk factor.
Anyway, judge by actions...Iran is typically a country
that gets attacked, rather than one that attacks.

I wasn't bringing the US as a subject matter but rather Israel.

As far as Iran being attacked... their export of military equipment targeting Israel is the "actions" that support the thought.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wasn't bringing the US as a subject matter but rather Israel.

As far as Iran being attacked... their export of military equipment targeting Israel is the "actions" that support the thought.
Israel attacks Iran...Iran attacks Israel...meh....
I see no reason for either to escalate things.

But an attack on Iran would be by Ameristan...even
if it's ostensibly by Israel. (USA is the dog being
wagged by the tail.) We've attacked Iran before,
& killed hundreds of thousands (using Iraq as proxy).
We should not support Israel's attack on Iran.
If anything, we'd owe Iran support.

Kenny

Premium Member
Israel attacks Iran...Iran attacks Israel...meh....
I see no reason for either to escalate things.

But an attack on Iran would be by Ameristan...even
if it's ostensibly by Israel. (USA is the dog being
wagged by the tail.) We've attacked Iran before,
& killed hundreds of thousands (using Iraq as proxy).
We should not support Israel's attack on Iran.
If anything, we'd owe Iran support.
Interesting perspective. Wouldn't agree but it is interesting.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Yes... along with atheism... we want robots!!!

Good idea, just in case the atheists are massing their troops at the border.

But is your comment even relevant to the subject?

I believe so, in fact far more so than your response. In my opinion it's a problem caused by religion so my solution would be get rid of religion. If you feel otherwise and that it's not a relevant comment then perhaps you should report it.

Kenny

Premium Member
I believe so, in fact far more so than your response. In my opinion it's a problem caused by religion so my solution would be get rid of religion. If you feel otherwise and that it's not a relevant comment then perhaps you should report it.
At that point, you are suggesting that we eliminate all humanity. Religion isn't necessarily the problem... it's people whether in the name of religion, money, power and authority.