• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this Statement Correct in Your View?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Do you read Koine, Ancient Hebrew, or Latin? If not, you are not reading the source document. And the KJV is riddled with translation errors.
Even if you can read the languages the original writing are written in you you still cannot read the source documents...

dust1n

Zindīq
I am not sure exactly how much you know about Christianity. There are neither 10 dogma;s you must follow or a torture chamber. Irrespective of what tradition or theologians pontificate about, I simply believe the foundation documents of the faith. I have found the Gospel to be as Christ described it, freedom, not enslavement.

Just riffing off the common perception of what Christianity entails. But if I was suppose to be specific, I could of used any example from the Bible, and one that is less debated in general. There are plenty of alright books in the Bible, I just don't hold them to be veracious documentaries of anything that exists... they appear to be reflections of human desire to me.

shmogie

Just riffing off the common perception of what Christianity entails. But if I was suppose to be specific, I could of used any example from the Bible, and one that is less debated in general. There are plenty of alright books in the Bible, I just don't hold them to be veracious documentaries of anything that exists... they appear to be reflections of human desire to me.
Christianity is all about individudual freedom, and you are certainly free to believe whatever you choose. I get concerned a bit when "common perceptions" are used instead of fact, that's all. Peace to you

whirlingmerc

They probably believe there is no ultimate 'why' we make our own 'why'.
That could lead to meaninglessness and depression.

randomvim

It's My Birthday!
No, my objection is that religion is mostly senseless and results in nothing; and this was far apparent to me before abiogenesis was, or before I even knew what it was.

Abiogenesis is as collection of theories, not a list of 10 dogmas one most follow or burn eternally in God's torture chamber.
what is that?

RedStorm

Pride and Arrogance
Christianity is all about individudual freedom, and you are certainly free to believe whatever you choose. I get concerned a bit when "common perceptions" are used instead of fact, that's all. Peace to you
How is Christianity all about personal freedom? There are strict codes even in the new testament like these
1,050 New Testament Commands | Christian Assemblies International
Is there personal freedom in the sense that God wont stop you from doing some act he does not approve of on earth? Yes but the seemingly whole point for Christians is to do the right thing to get to Heaven. I would say Yawehs form of government would not be a republic.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Atheism ignores the why [of how we got here] and only looks at the how. They do not care if there is a why, how we got here is all that matters. For instance, there is no inherent meaning in the universe to the Atheist. (Am I right?)

Please discuss.
Atheism does not look at the why or the how. It's just about not believing in god.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
How is Christianity all about personal freedom? There are strict codes even in the new testament like these
1,050 New Testament Commands | Christian Assemblies International
Is there personal freedom in the sense that God wont stop you from doing some act he does not approve of on earth? Yes but the seemingly whole point for Christians is to do the right thing to get to Heaven. I would say Yawehs form of government would not be a republic.
A good reference to answer your question is Luc Ferry, a French philosopher. He wrote a book called A Brief History of Thought that addresses salvation.