• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this some kind of discrimination with ladies ?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In Arabic ? yes, or no please.

Of course, "Allah" is above all, I agree that with you. That is NOT my question.
In any human language, we as human beings can not truly understand what God is. We can understand messages given to us at our own human level of understanding.
But to know or understand God we can't

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Aphrodite vs Anoia. who is said to be more powerful ?

I would personally suspect Aphrodite would be the more powerful of the two. Though things getting stuck in drawers is frustrating, I believe the power of love is a lot more influential on the average person.

But this is, of course, just my opinion.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't know. that's why I asked you.

If you not. perhaps anybody else here could tell that ? :)

I know, i was wondering if you did.

Aphrodite, beauty, love, pleasure, passion and procreation, the Roman goddess Venus is equivalent.

Anoia, the goddess of things that get stuck in drawers and objects that roll under other objects. I invoke her talents with the heartfelt prayer "How can it close on the damned thing but not open with it? Who bought this? Do we ever use it?"

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Often, God is described as "He" but not "She". Ladies, do you see this as some kind of discrimination ?

As all we can know of God is the Messengers God sent, then we would see God in the gender of the Chosen Messenger.

When the Messenger is male we would most likely use He when quoting what was offered from God.

Now if the next Messenger is female we would most likely use She when quoting what was offered from God.

All the while we know God has no gender.

Why most Messengers to date have been male, I feel is a topic yet to be known. What we do know is that all Mesengers are born from women, as such, that in itself may be part or all of the answer.

Regards Tony

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I would personally suspect Aphrodite would be the more powerful of the two. Though things getting stuck in drawers is frustrating, I believe the power of love is a lot more influential on the average person.

I think there are only 4 or 5 people on RF familiar with Anoia.

chinu

chinu
In any human language, we as human beings can not truly understand what God is. We can understand messages given to us at our own human level of understanding.
But to know or understand God we can't
Friend Amanaki, my question is still unanswered.

You said >> we can not describe Allah in human words

My question is.. Is it possible to describe Allah in Arabic language ?

What we can understand, or cannot understand. that is NOT my question at all, please.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I think there are only 4 or 5 people on RF familiar with Anoia.

I had to look her up, I admit. She did sound familiar though, so I believe we may have had contact before...

Probably in that kitchen drawer with all the knives and ladles, that always seems to get jammed shut...

chinu

chinu

Thank you. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Friend Amanaki, my question is still unanswered.

You said >> we can not describe Allah in human words

My question is.. Is it possible to describe Allah in Arabic language ?

What we can understand, or cannot understand. that is NOT my question at all, please.
Umm Arabic IS human words, so my answer is still no we can not clearly describe God.
We can have an idea what God might be. But our human brain can not wrap its understanding around the full truth of the being God.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know if discrimination is the right word, but it certainly reinforces some rather dated and dislikable ideas. It was a factor in Christianity not appealing to me as a kid. I could not identify with the Christian god, or with Jesus, both of whom are spoken of in male terms. And what few females were mentioned were... well, let's just say Xena was an inspiration of mine growing up and there ain't no Xena in the Bible.

chinu

chinu
Umm Arabic IS human words, so my answer is still no we can not clearly describe God. We can have an idea what God might be.
Thank you.

Last question: Does Quran gives only idea of what God might be ?

But our human brain can not wrap its understanding around the full truth of the being God.
Please leave, that is NOT my question/questions at all.

chinu

chinu
No need for describe Allah more then perfect being :)
Friend Amanaki, my question is NOT about describing Allah. Its about Respected-Quran.

Does Quran gives only idea of what God might be ? yes, or no simple answer please. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Friend Amanaki, my question is NOT about describing Allah. Its about Respected-Quran.

Does Quran gives only idea of what God might be ? yes, or no simple answer please. :)
The Qur'an refers to Allah as the Lord of the Worlds. ... Muslims claim to reject anthropomorphic descriptions of Allah, yet the Qur'an describes him as speaking, sitting on a throne, and having a face, eyes and hands.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Interesting point of note, Aphrodite for a time was both love and war personified. There's a great animated lesson over here about her:

chinu

chinu
The Qur'an refers to Allah as the Lord of the Worlds. ... Muslims claim to reject anthropomorphic descriptions of Allah, yet the Qur'an describes him as speaking, sitting on a throne, and having a face, eyes and hands.
Sounds like.. you are trapped in some kind of religious dilemma to answer my question in simple yes or no.

Anyways, thank you.:)