• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this Proof of Lord?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
How are you determining that it is an over-reduction? As opposed to an under reduction. Or a dead on correct reduction?

An over-reduction is when you have 2 or more factors and you remove one or more in the explanation, i.e. you make it to simple.
What you are dealing with is everything as cases of all, some, something else and/or nothing for the same, similar and/or different.
So if the universe is consistent, you find an inconsistency.

ppp

Please read the Wikipedia's article Absolute Truth. It is a well respected scientific notion. The examples might be 2+2 is 4, 1+1 is 2.
There isn't such an article. But if you mean universality, that is not what you are talking about with respect to your god. You are claiming that your god is the underpinning of truth. That is not what that article is talking about.

ppp

An over-reduction is when you have 2 or more factors and you remove one or more in the explanation, i.e. you make it to simple.
What you are dealing with is everything as cases of all, some, something else and/or nothing for the same, similar and/or different.
So if the universe is consistent, you find an inconsistency.
I asked how. You answered what.

questfortruth

"What is Absolute Truth?" Gospel of John 18:38. "Your Word is Absolute Truth" (John 17:17).
The Omniscient Being is also the Absolute Truth. Since the Omniscient Being must be aware of its own existence, the Existence of God is the Absolute Truth.

ppp

"What is Absolute Truth?" Gospel of John 18:38. "Your Word is Absolute Truth" (John 17:17).
The Omniscient Being is also the Absolute Truth. Since the Omniscient Being must be aware of its own existence, the Existence of God is the Absolute Truth.
Just bald assertions with no evidentiary basis. No reason to think that you know what you claim to know, or that you even have the ability to know what you claim to know.

questfortruth

Just bald assertions with no evidentiary basis. No reason to think that you know what you claim to know, or that you even have the ability to know what you claim to know.
It is the spirit of Nihilism speaking. To my knowledge, Friedrich Nietzsche defines Nihilism as rejecting an obvious truth, like 2+2=4. It is Nihilism to reply "there are no proofs'' without reporting mistakes. Otherwise, it is crazy trolling and bullying, like in the case against Jesus: "If I said something wrong, show what is wrong. But if I spoke the truth, why did you strike Me?'' John 18:23.