• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this offensive to Christains?

Ilisrum

[youtube]9RY83mAr5uA[/youtube]

I'm not a Christian but I do think it's pretty ignorant. Aside from that, it still made me laugh a bit.

Last edited:

Levite

Higher and Higher
Mocking Jesus on Israeli Zionist TV -

I'm not a Christian but I do think it's pretty ignorant. Aside from that, it still made me laugh a bit.

First of all, this is just Israeli television. There is no Zionist content to it, any more than one can call ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox "American Revolutionary TV" or "American Modified Capitalist Democratic Republican TV."

Second of all, it's a humor program. Humor programs are frequently mocking or mildly offensive to the easily offended. Why this novel or interesting? Religion is gently mocked all the time on American TV, on the Internet, on British TV, on Canadian TV, and I assume on the TV programs of many other nations also. How is this worth anyone's attention?

Vultar

One must take humour for what it is... humour

And the minstrals rejoiced.... Yay :D

Bob Dixon

>implying
I found it fairly amusing and, actually, not that offensive. Pretty tame stuff, really. You could tell it was nothing but a joke. Satirical, in a way.

But may G-d strike me down if that girl isn't totally hot. Yes, she called Jesus a Nazi on TV, but mmm, mmm! Her face! Oh, yes, baby, yes! Does anyone have her name?

Last edited:

Vultar

I found it fairly amusing and, actually, not that offensive. Pretty tame stuff, really. You could tell it was nothing but a joke. Satirical, in a way.

But may G-d strike me down if that girl isn't totally hot. Yes, she called Jesus a Nazi on TV, but mmm, mmm! Her face! Oh, yes, baby, yes! Does anyone have her name?

You were looking at her face??? :D

Viker

Häxan
I'm offended that someone else is offended. I don't see how a hot Israeli woman could ever be offensive.

Orias

Left Hand Path
First of all, this is just Israeli television. There is no Zionist content to it, any more than one can call ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox "American Revolutionary TV" or "American Modified Capitalist Democratic Republican TV."

Funny you mention these because it almost sums up the truth.

Viker

Häxan
I liked Sam Kinison's different takes on Jesus. I miss that guy. I wonder if it is forum appropriate to post some of his stuff? I cued one on the Tube that still gets me laughing.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I liked Sam Kinison's different takes on Jesus. I miss that guy. I wonder if it is forum appropriate to post some of his stuff? I cued one on the Tube that still gets me laughing.

I guess its all relative if it offends Christians, heh :D

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
What is the difference between this and South Park or Family Guy?

Quite, there are particular episodes of South Park especially that I'd say are far more insulting to Christians.

Of course, it's hard to think of a group that hasn't been insulted at some point by those shows. Hell, atheists got a two-parter in South Park.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
LOL. this is a 'Zionist' program? :no: it's an Israeli satire program. I'm sure that if you watch enough episodes you'll also see satire about Moses and parting the red sea.
'Please save us from hot women in a bikini top'? people need to lighten up, unless they are begging to be offended. Southpark mocks every religious group in existence, and most of us find it hilarious, especially when they target our group.
have you ever watched other Israeli satire? we mock everyone, but most of all we mock ourselves, our political leaders, our religious establishments, and our everyday people.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
i would be more concerned with how God feels about them mocking his messiah.

Nah, god's emotions and ego wouldn't be so fragile as to be bothered by something so silly. Your attempt to bring god down to our level by attributing human characteristics to god (such as petty anger) is likely far more insulting.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Go ahead and share some of his stuff. I've posted some Bill Hicks material before. :D