• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this Jainish?

Requia

I cam across an essay claiming that the Discordian quote " All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense." Is Jainish in origin. Is this true? And if so what does it actually mean in Jainism.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Simplistic drivel, probably penned by someone too intellectually lazy or ignorant to critically analyse the statements in contention.

Requia

Simplistic drivel, probably penned by someone too intellectually lazy or ignorant to critically analyse the statements in contention.

Do you mean that the quote I posted is equivalent to this Anekāntavāda thing is drivel, or that what I posted and the (apparently) Jainish philosophy is drivel?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I mean some statements are unequivocally false, true, &c.

Perhaps I'm missing the shades of grey.