• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is This Child Abuse?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Some years ago, I read an interview with a French prostitute. She was in her late twenties and she had, as one of her clientele, a 15 year old boy. The boy was the son of a wealthy Parisian family.

They paid for his visits in order that he might learn about sex, avoid getting a girl his own age in trouble, and gain confidence in himself. The prostitute and he had a relatively close relationship since the boy had been seeing her frequently. She would even check his homework to make sure it was done. If it was not done, she would make him do it before allowing him to have sex with her.

Do you think the boy was being abused? Why or why not?

If the boy was being abused, who was abusing him: His family or the prostitute? Why?

If the boy were a girl, and the prostitute were either a woman or a man, but everything else was the same, would the girl be abused? Why or why not?

If so, who would be the abuser?

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Some years ago, I read an interview with a French prostitute. She was in her late twenties and she had, as one of her clientele, a 15 year old boy. The boy was the son of a wealthy Parisian family.

They paid for his visits in order that he might learn about sex, avoid getting a girl his own age in trouble, and gain confidence in himself. The prostitute and he had a relatively close relationship since the boy had been seeing her frequently. She would even check his homework to make sure it was done. If it was not done, she would make him do it before allowing him to have sex with her.

I would understand “abuse”(as a victim of such) to imply an ulterior malevolent intent, or at least a lacking concern for otherwise potential injury. If neither were true, then "no'".

However...

If the boy was being abused, who was abusing him: His family or the prostitute? Why?
While I would not qualify the specific instance you detail as “abusive” per se… I would consider such an arrangement as poorly chosen (and at minimum, potentially counter-productive) behavior put forward to be any sort of “education”. As a “either/or” proposition, it ignores more promising alternatives of instruction and erudition prospectively available as sound alternative. The fallacy of the excluded middle comes to mind...

If the boy were a girl, and the prostitute were either a woman or a man, but everything else was the same, would the girl be abused? Why or why not?
Again, the circumstance begs a larger question...

Not a particularly “spot-on” analogy, but seems somewhat akin to inquiring whether or not it is best to swat a fly with a nylon swatter pad on a stick, vs. employing a hammer, or a grenade, or nuclear bomb instead. Any of the potential remedies offered may indeed rid oneself of a troublesome flying pest, but there remain consequences of choice to attend to in whichever/whatever tool is employed to obtain that strategic and satisfactory outcome/result. Is hiring a prostitute the best/only tool available to swat away teenage ignorance of human sexuality?

I guess one might attempt to parse the logic of “destroying the village to save it…”, or “all’s well that end’s well”.

Hiring a hooker to educate a minor as to the means and mechanics of sexual intercourse/activities is not “abusive” in the strictest sense of the word as qualified by yourself here… but neither would it be more “conducive” to any better understanding of human sexuality beyond simple and direct expositions and details provided within any ordinary and clinically accurate instructions proffered within a serious and honest classroom environment.

I acknowledge that the ideal of an honest and fact based classroom environment to educate minors about human sexuality is hardly mainstream, or popular in either application or community support…

But then, parenting skills and the incumbent responsibilities for insuring a well-rounded exposure to useful and elemental knowledge is rarely or ever best served by contracting out such duties to third party surrogates with no invested long-term interests in any “client’s” maturation into adulthood. Parents retain the chosen and direct accountability for their own kid's preparedness for ascension into adulthood.

There’s always the “raised by wolves in the wilderness” argument to put forward as exception I suppose as some “last-choice” alternative, but perhaps we might agree that such a scenario is both so absurdly remote and statistically rare enough a possibility/probability to consider further without indulging any serious debate upon as topical issue any longer :)

Me Myself

Back to my username

In Ecuador, it is legal to have sex since you are 14 years old.

to be honest, I don´t see it as abuse if any 14 year old has consensual sex with anyone, as long as it is consensual, although some cirmustances my make it more gray, we are talking of an age in which for most of human history they would be married already.

14 year old already has the sex drive, and a male 14 year old doesn´t have to battle with the stigma society (unfortunately still) gives a female having sex. Sure, they are given way more slack than before, but still (and even women doing it to other women (seen that a lot... at least here, women are vicious with each other ) ) they call each others completely silly things to think of as pejorative like "****" (****: woman who likes to have a lot (a lot: an amount of sex that exceeds the amount the person saying the insult believes it is "okay" ) of sex. Oh my Gawd, what an insult...:facepalm: )

So if we are talking 14 year old male, most of my 14 year old classmates went to brothels already. I remember my father asking me or trying to ask me if I felt I needed to have sex already when I was... I think 16?

It´s just sex.

Last edited:

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
The story kind of sums up the view I understand many rich people have of the world.

I intensely dislike their view.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The story kind of sums up the view I understand many rich people have of the world.
I intensely dislike their view.
Oh, come on & admit it.....you're just jealous that your parents never hired a top flight French companion for you.
I'm livid with jealousy too, but I know that it shouldn't lead to hatred of my betters.

nnmartin

it's certainly a morally grey area, but I'm sure the services of the French maid turned the young boy into a man.

may give him a strange view of sex though.

in fact, I will reveal a rare piece of personal info on this forum, and that is - I myself actually lost my virginity to a prostitute.

- and I'll admit I do have some strange views, though difficult to be sure whether that is related or not.;)

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Oh, come on & admit it.....you're just jealous that your parents never hired a top flight French companion for you.
I'm livid with jealousy too, but I know that it shouldn't lead to hatred of my betters.

If you consider those who engage the services of prostitutes your betters you might benefit from some self-esteem classes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
it's certainly a morally grey area, but I'm sure the services of the French maid turned the young boy into a man.
may give him a strange view of sex though.
He won't know that he's required to cuddle.

Btw, I thought you'd object strongly to prostitution as a service industry.

Alceste

Vagabond

Unless the boy was the instigator of the arrangement, or had some pressing dysfunction (like an attraction to chickens) that this could be reasonably thought to remedy, the parents were abusive. Ideally, nobody would be pressured to have unwanted sex by anyone, at any age, least of all by one's own parents at the age of fifteen.

It's just creepy for parents to take such a keen interest in a teenager's sexuality, and even creeper that they wanted his first experience to be indulgence in an industry that is notorious for exploiting poor women and children.

I have nothing against prostitution. I have a good friend who is a sex worker, and I don't judge her for it. She's content with her job and her stories are quite funny. OTOH, she was adopted and sexually abused by the natural son of her adoptive parents for her entire childhood, which allowed her to develop the knack for "checking out", emotionally, during sex. Also, she only does it because she lost her job and needs the money desperately.

Given that the majority of prostitutes seem to have a similar background and similar motives, I would argue that the parents may have been abusive to the woman they hired as well, or at least facilitating or perpetuating the psychological damage of abuse she had suffered in the past.

Anyway, just goes to show you, it's hard to be ethical and rich. Jesus nailed that one.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Unless the boy was the instigator of the arrangement, or had some pressing dysfunction (like an attraction to chickens) that this could be reasonably thought to remedy, the parents were abusive. Ideally, nobody would be pressured to have unwanted sex by anyone, at any age, least of all by one's own parents at the age of fifteen.

Where in the OP does it says he was forced? Did he said he didn´t want to have sex? because I doubt the prostitute raped him.

If somewhere it is missing in the OP and in this case he said he didn´t wanted to have sex and when he was in the same room with the prostitute, she ripped his clothes off and forced her vagina to his penis, then I would be wrong of course.

I have nothing against prostitution. I have a good friend who is a sex worker, and I don't judge her for it. She's content with her job and her stories are quite funny. OTOH, she was adopted and sexually abused by the natural son of her adoptive parents for her entire childhood, which allowed her to develop the knack for "checking out", emotionally, during sex. Also, she only does it because she lost her job and needs the money desperately.

Given that the majority of prostitutes seem to have a similar background and similar motives, I would argue that the parents may have been abusive to the woman they hired as well, or at least facilitating or perpetuating the psychological damage of abuse she had suffered in the past.

Anyway, just goes to show you, it's hard to be ethical and rich. Jesus nailed that one.

To be fair, most of the things we have, products, clothe, etc has been made by exploited workers that are around the age of 14 and hve less time for sleep and are way more underpaid than prostitutes.

So if they were abusive by perpetuing the prostitute´s suffering or what ever, then we are all worst abusers by doing the same to such workers, because we don´t buy the most expensive products that doesn´t use the cheapest labour to be manufactured.

GodlessAtheist

I think the prostitute was the one being abused... I`m sure this kid wasn`t very educated...she probably got bored with his lack of experience.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think the prostitute was the one being abused... I`m sure this kid wasn`t very educated...she probably got bored with his lack of experience.

Her job was BORING!? :eek:

OMG poor woman! :eek:

I must say that´s the most entertaining reason I´ve heard for which a prostitute is being abused :p . Others are at least legitimate :p