• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this blasphemy?

Jedster

snapshotimagehandler_1042597063.jpeg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I founds some in the international section in a grocery store years ago. Bought some out of curiosity and spread it on saltines. It wasn't bad, but didn't appeal to me enough to consider buying it again.

Jedster

I founds some in the international section in a grocery store years ago. Bought some out of curiosity and spread it on saltines. It wasn't bad, but didn't appeal to me enough to consider buying it again.
I have had marmite with all sorts of things including tahini. Never tried it with humus though.
I won't buy the product but will try it with some humus.

Heyo

Veteran Member
"EDWARD DE BONO, the guru of creative thinking, has been called in by the Foreign Office to help sort out the Arab-Israeli conflict. Ever willing to help, he has conjured up a solution straight from a jar - Marmite.

The celebrated master of lateral thinking is promoting supplies of the yeast extract spread as the means to resolve the region's seemingly intractable problems.

The logic, briefly, is this. A lack of zinc makes men irritable and belligerent. You get zinc in yeast, which is fine for your average lover of Mother's Pride. But in the Middle East, the bread is unleavened. Ergo, the great man says, Marmite is the answer to easing the way to peace." - De Bono's Marmite plan for peace in Middle Yeast

Mixing Marmite with houmous may make it more palatable to North African and Near Eastern consumers. This product can change the world!

Jedster

"EDWARD DE BONO, the guru of creative thinking, has been called in by the Foreign Office to help sort out the Arab-Israeli conflict. Ever willing to help, he has conjured up a solution straight from a jar - Marmite.

The celebrated master of lateral thinking is promoting supplies of the yeast extract spread as the means to resolve the region's seemingly intractable problems.

The logic, briefly, is this. A lack of zinc makes men irritable and belligerent. You get zinc in yeast, which is fine for your average lover of Mother's Pride. But in the Middle East, the bread is unleavened. Ergo, the great man says, Marmite is the answer to easing the way to peace." - De Bono's Marmite plan for peace in Middle Yeast

Mixing Marmite with houmous may make it more palatable to North African and Near Eastern consumers. This product can change the world!

This is hopeful and it is worth noting that Marmite is both Halal & Kosher.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am proud to be a Marmite hater. One of the few foods (and i use the word in its widest possible sense) that i really cannot stand even the smell of.

Apparantly i am completely lacking the Marmite gene (thank goodness)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't know about zinc deficiency in the US but given the comparatively high acceptance of violence it may help there, too.
(Though I still think it's the lead poisoning.)

Some years ago the celebrated lateral thinker Edward de Bono advised the UK government on the conflict in the middle east. His conclusion was that unleavened bread is low in zinc causing zinc deficiency. Zinc deficiency is known to cause aggression, solution, ship Marmite to the middle east

Edward de Bono - Wikipedia.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Some years ago the celebrated lateral thinker Edward de Bono advised the UK government on the conflict in the middle east. His conclusion was that unleavened bread is low in zinc causing zinc deficiency. Zinc deficiency is known to cause aggression, solution, ship Marmite to the middle east

Edward de Bono - Wikipedia.
I cited that fact in my previous post (#6). That's why I thought I could bring up zinc deficiency without explaining it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Off topic: I just realised that the Arab peninsula together with Egypt, Turkey and Iran have been moved from the Near East to the Middle East. (Middle East - Wikipedia)
With that confusion I understand why US people are so bad at geography.

Cooky

Veteran Member
These are actually really good, and they're neither blasphemous, nor politically incorrect.

article-6386-1.jpg