• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this a unique feature of Quran: suitable for all voices and perfect with diverse tones

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

Not sure where I'm going with this. But something I've noticed, different reciters have different tones and way different voices. Yet it all sounds very nice when reciting Quran.

My question, is this unique to Quran? That no matter what type of voice you have, Quran is going to make it sound nice when you recite it.

Or are there songs written like that? That they sound practically equally good no matter what type of voice you have and different style and pace, doesn't matter, it's gonna sound good.

If so, then it's not a unique feature. If nothing written is like that, then perhaps, we can see if any humans can do it.

If no humans can do it, is it a sign from God?

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Not sure where I'm going with this.
no change there then. ;)

But something I've noticed, different reciters have different tones and way different voices. Yet it all sounds very nice when reciting Quran.
My question, is this unique to Quran? That no matter what type of voice you have, Quran is going to make it sound nice when you recite it.

Or are there songs written like that? That they sound practically equally good no matter what type of voice you have and different style and pace, doesn't matter, it's gonna sound good.

If so, then it's not a unique feature. If nothing written is like that, then perhaps, we can see if any humans can do it.

If no humans can do it, is it a sign from God?
This is just question begging/confirmation bias.
I like some recitations, but I don't like others, so your initial premise is shown to be false.
/thread

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
no change there then. ;)

This is just question begging/confirmation bias.
I like some recitations, but I don't like others, so your initial premise is shown to be false.
/thread
Salam

Which famous recitations do you not like? I've listen to so many, some styles I like better at a given time, but get bored then switch to another style.

Anyways, exactly equal is not what I mean. Its that they all sound good regardless of tone and type of voice. I think you are just arguing for arguing. I will show examples of what I mean. If you have patience problems, obviously for example, you might not prefer the slower pace ones, but they still sound good.

Are you aware of any songs, you can recite with deep voice or high pitch soft voice or between that, and relatively, they all sound still good for that song? Or that it has many different paces and they all sound good?

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Salam

Which famous recitations do you not like? I've listen to so many, some styles I like better at a given time, but get bored then switch to another style.

Anyways, exactly equal is not what I mean. Its that they all sound good regardless of tone and type of voice. I think you are just arguing for arguing. I will show examples of what I mean. If you have patience problems, obviously for example, you might not prefer the slower pace ones, but they still sound good.

Are you aware of any songs, you can recite with deep voice or high pitch soft voice or between that, and relatively, they all sound still good for that song? Or that it has many different paces and they all sound good?
What are you on about?
You claimed that all recitations of the Quran always sound equally as good. I refuted that claim by liking some but not liking others.
Really not sure how you can take it any further. Saying that if I really tried to like it, or understood them better is meaningless. It is an entirely subjective issue, like music or painting. You can't tell someone that what they like and dislike is wrong.

Also, yours is a flawed claim unless you have listened to every recitation ever made - which is impossible.
Mine has already been proven.
The issue is closed.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What are you on about?
You claimed that all recitations of the Quran always sound equally as good. I refuted that claim by liking some but not liking others.
Really not sure how you can take it any further. Saying that if I really tried to like it, or understood them better is meaningless. It is an entirely subjective issue, like music or painting. You can't tell someone that what they like and dislike is wrong.

Also, yours is a flawed claim unless you have listened to every recitation ever made - which is impossible.
Mine has already been proven.
The issue is closed.

Salam

You are trying to get technical to miss the point of what I'm saying. God could make something sound good with practically any type of voice, but can creation do that?

I'm looking at this from the viewpoint, that Quran has all sorts of tones reciting it at different paces, but still sounds amazing no matter what type. Yes you can deny this premise, but you are denying to be argumentative.

I'm going to ask you to leave that premise undebated, but argue the other one, do you know any songs like this? Are there songs that you know that can have all sorts of voices and pace, and sound wonderful?