• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this a ligitimite Philosophy of Religion?

questfortruth

The 2019 Wikipedia –online Encyclopedia- with references to peer-review sources tells us, that there must be a perfect description of faith, look:
“In the context of religion, one can define faith as confidence or trust in a particular system of religious belief,[1] within which faith may equate to confidence based on some perceived degree of warrant,[2][3] in contrast to a definition of faith as being belief without evidence.[4]“
I suggest, that the perfect description of faith is: Faith is the Faithfullness to Knowledge. I perfectly know, that my God is not satan, not Zeus, but Jesus Christ: John 8:54-55 “Jesus replied, "If I glorify Myself, My glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one Who glorifies Me. Though you do not know Him, I know Him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know Him and obey His word.”

Opponent: "it is disingenuous to argue a metaphysical question using logic."

Please open the Holy Book (Bible) and find verses about the crucial importance of mind. "Love your God with all your mind and heart" (to my memory, Bible).

Human common reaction to a new thing is played in Ace Ventura film

There are indeed wonderful things to discover, because Philosophy must be united with Physics:
An omnipresent thing must exist, and exist everywhere.

Thus, there is an omnipresent thing out there. Analogous Philosophical, but logical, theorem is:
an omniscient thing must know own existence, so, in Science (Philosophy of Religion) there is knowledge of existence of an omniscient thing.

It is easy to be omniscient and omnipotent, if you would be omnipresent. Thus, there is omniscient thing out there.

Opponent: “I can think of my pencil (or superman) becoming omnipresent. But my pencil is not God. So, you are debunked.''

The superman and a pencil are not omnipresent ones in the stories. The omnipresent one is God of the Bible. Now no-one has excuse to go to hell torment. Look: God lefts no excuse, so He has invented un-falsifiable and un-troll-able proof.

Opponent: “We are perfectly capable of thinking about a fictional omnipresent thing.''

Fictional thing does not exist, so you are wrong. I am proving, that there is omnipresent non-fictional thing.

Opponent: “Again, you presented that as an assertion, not a conclusion. You've not even tried to prove any omnipresent thing exists (other than via a weakly implied circular argument).''

It is just your biased opinion, because you are not a God to judge over proofs. Shall we sent it to the Journal of Philosophy? Omnipresent thing can't help but to be existent. Look: existence and non-existence is property. Then, if a thing is omnipresent, then it MUST be existent (non-fictional).

Opponent: "Is there somewhere you're going with this?"

To the glory! The highest glory on Earth - Nobel Prize for proving of God. God of Love, being omnipresent, unites married couple in perfect love: “in this world we just beginning to understand the miracle of living; maybe I was afraid before, but I am not afraid anymore'' (from Belinda Carlisle song “Heaven is the place on Earth'')

Workman

UNIQUE
“You can have hope without faith”,
But you can not have faith without hope.”

Hope Comes only from your heart which is your whole(body).
But faith is your mind agrees with your heart.

TRUST IN HOPE & FAITH
Ex..in a scenario where you get to pick someone to trust in catching you while falling backwards...

A brother, father or best friend you chose to catch you, with ease you will have faith in them to catch you..
But...
A stranger from the streets was to be whom you have to trust to catch you..
You don’t have faith but only hope that he will catch you..

Conclusion: faith is from understanding, and understanding is for time you give it.
Seek in yourselve and give it that time and understanding..then faith will grow in you..you will see that earth is heaven, and with faith you will live to be anything and everything. Being-Free

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hi, Workman. I am sorry that I did not address the post carefully. That was in reply to the OP and not to your post. Your post is a bit deeper, and I have not been able to decipher it. If today it is good, it will not remain so for all the time. And if today is bad then that too is not going to remain for all times. It is normal that things change. Krishna said:

"O son of Kuntī, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed."

That is Buddha's "samata", equanimity, being the same in happiness or sorrow.

Last edited:

Workman

UNIQUE
Hi, Workman. I am sorry that I did not address the post carefully. That was in reply to the OP and not to your post. Your post is a bit deeper, and I have not been able to decipher it. If today it is good, it will not remain so for ll the time. And if toy is bad then that too is not going to remain for all times. It is normal that things change. Krishna said:

"O son of Kuntī, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed."

That is Buddha's "samata", equnimity, being the same in happiness or sorrow.
Love it friend! All is good my friend! Keep on keeping on