• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there such a word as technosexual...?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
...because I think I'm in love with my new laptop.
Just got a Dell XPS 13 (the nice new 2015 touch model)

5th gen i7, 8GB Ram, 13.3 inch screen and it's tiny (screen has almost no bevel, so extends the full width of the laptop), and light.
Also, it logs me in my recognizing my face, and automatically opens whatever web pages I want to link to that facial recognition, including logging me into those automatically.

Sure, the last is pure fluff, but it got me a few wows at work. Nice new functional kit is all well and good, but let's not completely forget about bells and whistles...lol

roger1440

I do stuff
It took me a while to get my girlfriend to check out my hard drive. I know I had sufficient ram. In the end, I did check out her ports.

dust1n

Zindīq
I'm trying to save up for this:

4u22atx400_front_1_1.jpg

Asus Z97 K 1150 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 4770 3.4Ghz Quad Core Processor SKT 1150
2 8GB DDR3 1333/1600MHz Memory (2x4GB)
3 Crucial M550 512GB Solid State Drives (1 for computer, 2 for audio)
Ati RADEON HD 6450 1GB

Unfortunately.... that's a lot.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

4u22atx400_front_1_1.jpg

Ati RADEON HD 6450 1GB

This is where I get to say 'nice rack' without being sexist...

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

4u22atx400_front_1_1.jpg

Ati RADEON HD 6450 1GB

Hmmm...on second reading, that doesn't look high specced. Similar to my little xps, though I only get 1 x 256GB SSD. Why so expensive??

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Fancy. What a tiny hard drive, though. Mine has almost three times that capacity. Also has a Blu-ray drive and a larger screen, however the screen doesn't have as much HD resolution as yours so you've got me beat there.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I guess for a laptop it's not bad. But my PC which is four years old has an i5 and 8 gigs of ram, and the laptop I just got is a 15 inch screen, 8 gigs of ram, i-something or rather, but it doesn't have facial recognition, which I'd rather it not have. It does however have Linux, which automatically makes it better than most other computers, especially those running Windows or Mac.

dust1n

Zindīq
Hmmm...on second reading, that doesn't look high specced. Similar to my little xps, though I only get 1 x 256GB SSD. Why so expensive??

Processor is like 300, 130 for the motherboard, 65 each for the ram, might do 16 gb, and thats 130 a piece, 225 per SSD, and there are three of them, about 40 for the standard graphics card.

So that's 1300 dollars right there. Not including a nice power supply, some seriously fannage, and one of them not your ordinary day shell.

I could realistically drop of of the SSD's, but it will limit how much digital information can be going at once. It's hard to gauge how much I'll need given how much various new hardware requires.

But we'll see. Computers for audio performance don't generally come mass produced in advance. You can even get a nice deal on some of the video game computers coming out, but those will generally be more expensive just because the graphics. Audio just needs a bunch of ram. Special inputs too. Firewire and Midi. There's varying degrees of movement though.