• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there such a thing as eternal love?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
With or without religion?

With or without God being real?

I know for me there are people i will always love, even in the face of death forever, and i have no God to speak of.

Do secular people experience eternal love?

Or are we all relegated to temporal desires, and love aint an issue in society?
Charity and unconditional love come to mind. I have unconditional love for just about everyone.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Platonic love is something that never gets old or worn out. For as long as you live there are certain loves you never tire of. So it is possible to be secular, and have love that never wears out, and perhaps only grows stronger.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
With or without religion?

With or without God being real?

I know for me there are people i will always love, even in the face of death forever, and i have no God to speak of.

Do secular people experience eternal love?

Or are we all relegated to temporal desires, and love aint an issue in society?

Hi Amanaki. I believe there are many kinds of love.

There is love for family, for country, for race, for religion, for political party and love for community.

But all these are limited. We see in the world today some love only their own colour but detest those of another race and the same with religion where we see lack of love amongst the different religionists even on this forum sadly, and also national love where people only feel sorry when one from their nationality suffers but appear unmoved by the suffering of other nationalities.

But eternal, infinite love is limitless, universal, inclusive of all and knows no boundaries such as race, religion or nationality but sadly it is very rare today.

Universal love for all humankind is so powerful that it can change this world into a paradise and establish peace almost overnight.

But sadly this is not the situation today where we see more and more division into more and more groups of us and them.