• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there something that can unite all Christians?

ronandcarol

Premium Member
There are two things that immediately come to mind, prayer and faith. When we pray for
things that are within God's Will for us, He will answer. But James says that you can not
pray without faith.

ronandcarol

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There are two things that immediately come to mind, prayer and faith. When we pray for
things that are within God's Will for us, He will answer. But James says that you can not
pray without faith.
ronandcarol

Do you think Jesus' New commandment that Jesus gave can unite all ' true ' Christians ________ - John 13:34-35
We know from Jesus' recorded words at Matthew 7:21-23 that there are false Christians. - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37 - which includes the 'harvest time', so to speak, for the weeding out of the fake ' weed/tares ' Christians from the genuine ' wheat ' Christians before the start of Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins, when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Why else would a person belong to a religion unless they believed it was the right one ?
Because it is much easier to stay in the community you were born in than be honest.

It is easier to say words you don't mean and go through rituals you find meaningless than be honest, if you live in a religious community. I did it for years.
Tom

The Neo Nerd

Whilst i am no longer a Christian I am allowed to make respectful comments.

It seems to me that the various schisms in the Christian religion are doctrinal. This is exacerbated by the various translations of the bible which have been moulded by doctrinal differences amongst early translators and copiers. (Bart Ehrman, a new testament scholar, writes some great books on the how the various translations have been made).

*Spoiler Alert. The King James version is poorly sourced*

Until the most basic doctrine is determined and codified, there will be no peace amongst all christian sects.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Because it is much easier to stay in the community you were born in than be honest.
It is easier to say words you don't mean and go through rituals you find meaningless than be honest, if you live in a religious community. I did it for years.
Tom

Good points ^ above^ because genuine Christians would be H.H.H. ( Hungry for spiritual food, Humble to be open to change, and Honest in accepting Scripture as religious truth )

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Whilst i am no longer a Christian I am allowed to make respectful comments.
It seems to me that the various schisms in the Christian religion are doctrinal. This is exacerbated by the various translations of the bible which have been moulded by doctrinal differences amongst early translators and copiers. (Bart Ehrman, a new testament scholar, writes some great books on the how the various translations have been made).
*Spoiler Alert. The King James version is poorly sourced*
Until the most basic doctrine is determined and codified, there will be no peace amongst all christian sects.

The ancient manuscripts, both Hebrew and Greek, support Bible canon.
So, the KJV and other translations can be compared with the old biblical manuscripts.
Because of the ancient manuscripts is how the apocryphal books exclude themselves because they are out of harmony with the harmonious 66 books of Bible canon.
The '66' are full of cross-reference verses and passages that show the internal harmony among the Bible writers.
A comprehensive Bible concordance puts the Bible in alphabetical order for us for easy searching, or the researching, of Scripture by topic or subject arrangement.
So, the most ' basic ' is known, but the fake ' weed/tares ' Christians will remain that way as we can see by Jesus' words at Matthew 7:21-23
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as recorded at Matthew 25:31-33 when Jesus, as Shepherd, will separate people.
The humble ' sheep ' are judged as being righteous ones - Matthew 25:37 - whereas the haughty ' goats ' reject Jesus even though Matthew 24:14 is fulfilled now internationally.

The Neo Nerd

The ancient manuscripts, both Hebrew and Greek, support Bible canon.
So, the KJV and other translations can be compared with the old biblical manuscripts.
Because of the ancient manuscripts is how the apocryphal books exclude themselves because they are out of harmony with the harmonious 66 books of Bible canon.
The '66' are full of cross-reference verses and passages that show the internal harmony among the Bible writers.

I respectfully say this is wrong.

And I will leave it at that.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
JESUS CHRIST is what unites us. Faith in the Gospel basic of death, burial and resurrection are what unite us!

I wish all of our leaders would recognize this and get it together!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
JESUS CHRIST is what unites us. Faith in the Gospel basic of death, burial and resurrection are what unite us!
I wish all of our leaders would recognize this and get it together!

Jesus unites by his New commandment words found at John 13:34-35 that his followers would be united by having the same self-sacrificing love among themselves as Jesus has.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Jesus unites by his New commandment words found at John 13:34-35 that his followers would be united by having the same self-sacrificing love among themselves as Jesus has.

Yes. But look at who said it. Look at who also said, "I am the way, the truth and the life." Jesus is the answer.

rusra02

Premium Member
There are an awful lot of divisions among us. My thought is, Why can't we instead concentrate on what unites us?
I think it stands to reason that the thousands of self-proclaimed "Christian" religions, all teaching different doctrines, cannot all be true followers of Christ. In fact, Jesus said he would reject "Many [who] say to me...: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ ... I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness." (Matthew 7:21-23) God's word warns that "there will also be false teachers among you. These will quietly bring in destructive sects, and they will even disown the owner who bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves. Furthermore, many will follow their brazen conduct, and because of them the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. Also, they will greedily exploit you with counterfeit words. But their judgment, decided long ago, is not moving slowly, and their destruction is not sleeping. ( 2 Peter 2:1-3) These and other Scriptures convince me that trying to mix true Christianity with false would only do harm to true Christians.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
I think it stands to reason that the thousands of self-proclaimed "Christian" religions, all teaching different doctrines, cannot all be true followers of Christ. In fact, Jesus said he would reject "Many [who] say to me...: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ ... I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness." (Matthew 7:21-23) God's word warns that "there will also be false teachers among you. These will quietly bring in destructive sects, and they will even disown the owner who bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves. Furthermore, many will follow their brazen conduct, and because of them the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. Also, they will greedily exploit you with counterfeit words. But their judgment, decided long ago, is not moving slowly, and their destruction is not sleeping. ( 2 Peter 2:1-3) These and other Scriptures convince me that trying to mix true Christianity with false would only do harm to true Christians.

Yes, Jesus will sift it all out in the end. That is why He is called the Reaper. Reapers reap the good and cast out the bad.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, Jesus will sift it all out in the end. That is why He is called the Reaper. Reapers reap the good and cast out the bad.

Yes, at the coming ' end ' - Matthew 24:14 - of this world of badness, Jesus, as shepherd, will ' sift' ( separate ) the good (sheep), and cast out the bad (goats) before Jesus begins Day One of his coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.- Matthew 25:31-33,37

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good points ^ above^ because genuine Christians would be H.H.H. ( Hungry for spiritual food, Humble to be open to change, and Honest in accepting Scripture as religious truth )
But is it only if it comes from a source which you approve of?