• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there something that can unite all Christians?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that in time, and for generations to come after this one, and if the Bible can be brought back to reflect the Holy Spirit, only then is it possible for Christianity to unite. It is not possible for this generation to be united imo.

Animore

I think the only way would be to keep the simple things simple, and the complex things complex. The church I go to, on their website, their statement of faith begins with, "In the essentials, unity. In the nonessentials, liberty." We must allow every follower of Christ to have their own beliefs when it comes to complex parts of Christian faith. We must keep the simple stuff, e.g. accepting Christ, following the Bible's teachings, etc. but must allow liberty when it comes to non-essentials, e.g. what type of Bible you use, when you get baptized, etc. Just keep the simple things simple, and the complex things complex.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
There are an awful lot of divisions among us. My thought is, Why can't we instead concentrate on what unites us?

The great unite-r among Christians is also its deepest divide--the gospel. I can share a pulpit and do many things with a brother from another denomination, but since the gospel is faith alone saves without works, it's hard to unite with a brother who teaches a different way to Heaven--that isn't the way to Heaven.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
There are an awful lot of divisions among us. My thought is, Why can't we instead concentrate on what unites us?
James says 4:2-4 "What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God."

I suggest that the divisions are simply a symptom of laziness and a sense of "Ew that kind of work is meant for someone else not me." I mean, most Christians are borderline irreligious according to the high standards in the NT. In the NT everybody is working constantly, not sitting around or listening to preachers. There's no sitting while people sit lonely in nursing homes or hungry and insane on the streets. Christians do not allow these things in their localities.