• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there really a true religion?

Diani

And i think of the two christianity and islam. Both treathen to kill you if you dont follow it. Psychologically atleast.
Although there seem to be idea that satanic verses is historically correct, although muslims say otherwise, they deny the different method that was used then to transfer information, so the distorted method is used. Which
Ibn Taymiyyah argues that if sahih mursal reports exists in several of them, then they are authentic. Which exists of satanic verses. Although the argument is also that muslim leaders wouldn't think of passing this on, unless they knew it was true. But the quran also state to bring forth proof. So its more reasuring to be a Christian if you are wrong, because you can just put forth the evidence if you are wrong. And since Jesus crucifixion is a fact and other stuff, then its more easier on your psychological welfare in that case.

Like when you look at a moon, you see a physicial planet in the universe. Is there anything outside of this physicial world? And why do people kill to prove they are right? Is there any right religion and why is life such a cruel joke to play on this on people?. The thing is, there is no 100% true religion. You can try to find one that might seem likely, but not 100% true....

Life is a cruel joke for some reason :..I
Curious to your opinions?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
And i think of the two christianity and islam. Both treathen to kill you if you dont follow it. Psychologically atleast.
Although there seem to be idea that satanic verses is historically correct, although muslims say otherwise, they deny the different method that was used then to transfer information, so the distorted method is used. Which
Ibn Taymiyyah argues that if sahih mursal reports exists in several of them, then they are authentic. Which exists of satanic verses. Although the argument is also that muslim leaders wouldn't think of passing this on, unless they knew it was true. But the quran also state to bring forth proof. So its more reasuring to be a Christian if you are wrong, because you can just put forth the evidence if you are wrong. And since Jesus crucifixion is a fact and other stuff, then its more easier on your psychological welfare in that case.

Like when you look at a moon, you see a physicial planet in the universe. Is there anything outside of this physicial world? And why do people kill to prove they are right? Is there any right religion and why is life such a cruel joke to play on this on people?. The thing is, there is no 100% true religion. You can try to find one that might seem likely, but not 100% true....

There is a true religion. What You hold as true. What you view as reality, that is the one true fact. For example, in your religion it says christian. Can you imagine or pretend a world without a Creator? Can you live a peaceful and moral life if Jesus never existed in flesh?

As a Christian, this is your one truth. If you find truth in a religion that contradicts your own, then I find that odd. Since truth or a persons reality can hold a lot of beliefs; but if one says God is a she and the other says god is he, how do you reconcile what gender he is assuming gender is important in gods identity.

So, there is one truth subjectively speaking. There are many objectively speaking.

However there is only One reality; one life. Whether one calls it truth is their faith.

Timothy Bryce

It depends on how you decide to construct "truth" and it is then left to the individual to answer that question. When you consider the direction humanity is scrambling towards, it becomes less of a relevant question to ask; it's best left asked from a silent voice to a deaf ear.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
In the sense of being an accurate yet basically impersonal prescription for your dealings with the sacred, I doubt there is such a thing as a true religion.

Religion is true if it fulfills its purpose, which is IMO entirely found in the personal and social environments.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Although there seem to be idea that satanic verses is historically correct,
What are these Satanic verses you speak of?
Like when you look at a moon, you see a physicial planet in the universe.
You aren't seeing a planet, but a moon - a natural satellite that is trapped in the gravitational pull of the Earth.
That's quite a peculiar thing for a Christian to say.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Of course there is one true religion that fits everyone. Just like there is one true shoe size that fits everyone.

allfoak

Alchemist
The pursuit of happiness is the closest i can come to anything that resembles a "true" religion that is suitable for all of mankind.

It requires nothing but the desire to be happy and the freedom to pursue that
desire.

happiness-and-morality-300x222.jpg

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
There is one reality. Religions are many different ways of how we may connect to this reality.

Kapalika

Premium Member
My religion is true, and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

At least that is my perception. I hope I'm right, as every bit' of reason and philosophical argument I've ever come across has lead me to here thus far.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The right religion is my own religion and no one else's, and all other religions are only hearsay, second hand, in may case not worth having.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
Reality changes, as do religions.

I believe in multiple reality theory, and think that there's different planes of existence which could have deities in it. Maybe this particular universe has no God by natural design, or by the design of a God (Deism). There's a good possibility that God once had a hand in how things worked but is increasingly letting humans control their own fate (I don't know what this is called but it is a thing). I believe in an infinite amount of possibilities that allow the compassing of all subjective experience. I live on a plane that allows these things but doesn't necessary believe everything I hear. I am a skeptic. All of us individually live in one reality, one existence. We all live in the universe. But outside of that nobody knows what's outside of it yet. I also believe it is in mankind's goal and best interest to live as deities. If you look back on history we already live like kings. It's only a matter of time...

What are these Satanic verses you speak of?

A disputed episode from Islamic history. Muhammed revealed some polytheistic verses that caused the pagans to stop persecuting the Muslims. Later on Gabriel told him he had been tricked by Satan to say these things and God gave him a new revelation to replace these polytheistic ones, thus restoring pure monotheism and absolving Muhammed of shirk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_Verses

Muslims today unanimously reject the historicity of this episode and you would probably be killed in many places for suggesting it was true. Numerous medieval scholars believed it to be true, such as al-Tabari and (quite humorously) Ibn Taymiyya who is beloved to most of the hardcore Salafi types.

If anyone is really interested, there is an interesting scholarly article here.

Ibn Taymiyyah and the Satanic Verses
Shahab Ahmed
Studia Islamica

http://www.jstor.org/stable/1595926?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

rusra02

Premium Member
Jesus Christ taught there is true religion and false religion, and what he taught is the truth. (John 4:21-26) He also taught there are true Christians and false Christians. (Matthew 7:21-23) One needs to find the true Christians to find the one true religion, IMO. (John 8:31,32)

prometheus11

A true religion is the religion you find in which you can locate no fault.

I have not found any except the one of my own philosophy which changes almOst daily.

Skwim

Veteran Member
True
adjective
1. in accordance with fact or reality.
"a true story"
synonyms: correct, accurate, right, verifiable, in accordance with the facts, what actually/really happened, well documented, the case, so;

2. accurate or exact.
"it was a true depiction"
synonyms: accurate, true to life, faithful, telling it like it is, fact-based, realistic,close, lifelike

Does that help? ;)
Fine. Then let's nail it down so there's no misunderstanding.

A true religion is one that's in accordance with fact or reality, and one that's accurate or exact.

Therefore a true religion is either

1. Factual and accurate​
OR
2. Factual and exact​
OR
3. Real and accurate​
OR
4. Real and exact​

Which one is it?