• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there need for concern here?

Daemon Sophic

and I made myself watch the documentary....

and yes.....athletes CAN perform well.....and with improvement!

but the digestive tract of a human is several feet shorter.....and we have only one stomach

grazing animals are our natural source of a good meal
we are built for it

going to grazing diets requires in depth reading and acquisition of what plant does what
TO you

you would spend the rest of your life earning a paycheck
and then double checking what you ate

you would have no time for anything else
The plants do good things TO you, and we are definitely NOT built/evolved for meat eating. Ever try to rip through an animal skin with our teensy “canines”?? :eek::confused::D Fail.
Also our intestines are much longer than those of carnivores and much closer to deer and gazelle intestines by size.

P.S. - I earn a very good paycheck and read all the labels....and still have time for a great life. No problem. :cool:

Go see this movie. (The Game Changers).

Daemon Sophic

dude......your smile betrays you

we have canine teeth
:rolleyes:
You mean these??
teeth.jpg

or these?
Gorilla-Herbivore-Canines1.jpg

Camel-herbivore-canines-fangs.jpg

Your (and my) “canines” are hardly capable of ripping and slicing apart raw meat and skin. They are better suited for grinding open fibrous vegetables and roots.
Real carnivores and even omnivores have many other features that let them kill and rip apart their intermittent big meat meals. Not us.

“In her new book, Mind If I Order The Cheeseburger?, Sherry F. Colb discusses the comparative anatomy of carnivores, omnivores, and herbivores. “[M]ammalian carnivores and omnivores share a number of physical attributes that make them well suited for killing and tearing apart their prey. They have a wide mouth opening, relative to head size; a simple jaw joint that operates as a stable hinge for effective slicing but which is ill-suited to side-to-side motion; and dagger-like teeth spaced apart to avoid trapping stringy debris. They also have sharp claws. (2) The mammalian carnivores and omnivores additionally have huge stomachs that enable gorging, an important capacity in animals who tend to average only about one kill per week. (3) These animals also have a very low gastric pH (which means their stomachs are very acidic), enabling the breakdown of highly concentrated protein as well as the killing of dangerous bacteria that typically colonize decaying flesh. (4)

…Each of these traits enables the lion or bear to use her body to kill prey. Herbivorous animals, by contrast, have fleshy lips, a small mouth opening, a thick and muscular tongue, and a far less stable, mobile jaw joint that facilitates chewing, crushing, and grinding. Herbivores also generally lack sharp claws. (14) These qualities are well-adapted to the eating of plants, which provide nutrients when their cell walls are broken, a process that requires crushing food with side-to-side motion rather than simply swallowing it in large chunks the way that a carnivore or omnivore swallows flesh.

Herbivores have digestive systems in which the stomach is not nearly as spacious as the carnivore’s or omnivore’s, a feature that is suitable for the more regular eating of smaller portions permitted with a diet of plants (which stay in place and are therefore much easier to chase down), rather than the sporadic gorging of a predator on his prey. (15) The herbivore’s stomach also has a higher pH (which means that it is less acidic) than the carnivore’s or omnivore’s, perhaps in part because plants ordinarily do not carry the dangerous bacteria associated with rotting flesh. The small intestines of herbivores are quite long and permit the time-consuming and complex breakdown of the carbohydrates present in plants. In virtually every respect, the human anatomy resembles that of herbivorous animals (such as the gorilla and the elephant) more than that of carnivorous and omnivorous species. (16) Our mouths’ openings are small; our teeth are not extremely sharp (even our “canines”); and our lips and tongues are muscular. Our jaws are not very stable (and would therefore be easy to dislocate in a battle with prey), but they are quite mobile and allow the side-to-side motion that facilitates the crushing and grinding of plants.

Our stomachs are only moderately acidic, a fact that becomes salient around Thanksgiving, when even slightly undercooked dinners of turkey flesh result in many cases of food poisoning from the illness-causing bacteria that easily survive in our stomachs. (17) Like herbivores and unlike carnivores and omnivores as well, we have long small intestines, enabling the digestion of complex carbohydrates, a process that begins in our mouths, where we, like the committed herbivores, have carbohydrate-digesting enzymes as well. (18)

Does any of this mean that people are incapable of eating and digesting animal products? Of course not. With weapons to kill animals, we do not need dagger teeth, and with fire to cook flesh, we can usually avoid the pitfalls of a stomach that is ill-equipped to kill the pathogens that populate raw flesh.

Despite our flexibility in accommodating animal-based foods, however, it nonetheless remains clear that we are anatomically well suited to plant-based eating…[A]nimal-based foods are unnecessary for us, and they carry significant costs and risks. While it is beneficial to have complex plant carbohydrates slowly make their way through our very lengthy small intestines, the same cannot be said for having meat rotting in our intestines for extended periods of time. (19)”
source

edit....
PS - Camels have hair inside their mouths!?? :confused::fearscream:
Freaky.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the same cannot be said for having meat rotting in our intestines for extended periods of time.
I like your rebuttal
thank you

as for rotting meat...…

note your fellowman....I have
if he seems to have a swallowed a basket ball
your perspective is correct
and that guy's health is going to fail

the intestinal tract can swell in DIAMETER
and that should not happen

meat consumption should be small
we are gifted that we need only one meal a day
YES WE ARE

and the real concern is SUGAR
omg
IT'S ADDICTIVE
omg

it destroys your liver AND your pancreas
omg

but just TRY and reduce your carbs

I happen to be of slender frame
I should NEVER weigh more than 150lbs
that's right
I happen to be a skinny little old ninja

but I CAN......get off the floor and walk without a limp
as 64yrs of age

I out perform coworkers half my age

but DAMN
I still want more than one Coke per day
and THAT has more sugar than I need in one day

if I drink the Coke
no bread
no candy
no spaghetti

AND NO HAGGIS....!!!!!
@Revoltingest

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like your rebuttal
thank you

as for rotting meat...…

note your fellowman....I have
if he seems to have a swallowed a basket ball
your perspective is correct
and that guy's health is going to fail

the intestinal tract can swell in DIAMETER
and that should not happen

meat consumption should be small
we are gifted that we need only one meal a day
YES WE ARE

and the real concern is SUGAR
omg
IT'S ADDICTIVE
omg

it destroys your liver AND your pancreas
omg

but just TRY and reduce your carbs

I happen to be of slender frame
I should NEVER weigh more that 150lbs
that's right
I happen to be a skinny little old ninja

but I CAN......get off the floor and walk without a limp
as 64yrs of age

I out perform coworkers half my age

but DAMN
I still want more than one Coke per day
and THAT has more sugar than I need in one day

if I drink the Coke
no bread
no candy
no spaghetti

AND NO HAGGIS....!!!!!
@Revoltingest
th

gnomon

I never knew that Amazon and Whole Foods existed at the time Homo sapiens first came on the scene to deliver them all the plant based necessities of life in order to not eat meat.

How stupid was I?