1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Is There Anyway To Prevent WW3?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by wizanda, May 15, 2017.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Active Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Religion:
    Hebraic Roots Universalist Christian Noahide
    A Christian teacher from Uganda, who seems to have had a near death experience during a bout of malaria has
    written an article that I believe, (although very politically incorrect)....... gives Christians a key to unlock a vastly better future than probability would indicate.....

I could be wrong... but I suspect that the Book of Revelation has hidden positive meaning all through it that sound scary......(partly due to the mentality of the translators)......
    For example... ...

Revelation 8:7

"The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up."

But since all flesh is as grass...... what would happen if the Holy Spirit was poured out on all flesh???
    Isaiah 40:6

"The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:"

Former Atheist Howard Storm was shown what the earth could become like by the year 2185 if we make better choices.......and ask for the outpouring of the fire of the Holy Spirit...... rather than fearing it......

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

#161 DennisTate, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DennisTate

DennisTate Active Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Religion:
    That is a very interesting answer......
    yes.... thinking too highly of ourselves....
    and of our group...... is a form of Satanism......!

Been there... done that... got the T-shirt.... and I am trying to avoid that error these days.....

You are in agreement with what was shown to near death experiencer and former Atheist Howard Storm:

3. wizanda

wizanda One Accepts All Religious Texts
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,969
    Religion:
    Øneness
    In my opinion:

I've also pondered like you on Revelation being cryptic, maybe the Lord coming as a fire, means his word, and maybe we could just elaborate on every meaning...

Then realized the same data is elsewhere in the Tanakh, and in other religious eschatology.

If you've heard of Ockams Razor, it is to take the least amount of steps, with the least amount of conjecture... The more leaps we create, the more we're being illogical, and not sticking to what it says.
    This is a potentiality scriptually, at the moment when all nations come against Israel; God will step in, at that point the presence could just remove all the iniquity in a day, and therefore all these destructive parts of Revelation, wouldn't be needed.

Revelation 11:18 says God is removing those who destroy the earth, so it makes little sense that God is the one wanting his creation destroyed; yet clearly due to capitalist greed (military industrial complex, oil, etc), many people seem determined to annihilate the planet anyway... Scientist are giving us less than 100 years before human extinction.

Mass Extinction Underway | Biodiversity Crisis | Global Species Loss

In my opinion. :innocent:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. DennisTate

DennisTate Active Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Religion:
    Yes....... I was kind of surprised how hard the Being of Light of NDE fame was on us
    here in North America.......

5. Jeremiahcp

Jeremiahcp Well-Known Jerk

Ratings:
    +2,389
    "According to Biblical prophecy"

According to reality, Biblical prophecy is garbage.

6. DennisTate

DennisTate Active Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Religion:
    Yup...... but in our defence this is kind of complicated information.

The Philosophical Implications of Multiverse Theory and multiple Ezekiel 37 events...

7. wizanda

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,969
    Religion:
    Øneness
    In my opinion:

That is such an unaware statement; we can show where it is real, historically and is happening... It is often the interpretations that are rubbish, not the textual fulfillments.
    It is true, some of the things discussed in religious texts are beyond normal comprehension, and only with first hand experience, would we have a clue what some of it means...

Yet not sure if you're aware of this, that is part of the point, the Bible is systematically meant to remove all those who don't know God really.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. DennisTate

DennisTate Active Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Religion:
    Yes........ making it up to the highest level of consciousness
    has not been made into an entirely easy thing to do.......

Dr. George Ritchie's Near-Death Experience

9. Daisies4me

Daisies4me Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Religion:
    JW
    (quote)

Hi wiz
    I hope this finds you well.
    I have a few comments on the post you wrote. IMHO, it seems that some tend to think in terms of a war of the nations as being the war to end all wars.... Is that your opinion as well?
    As I understand it, the nations may war, but it has nothing to do with God's Holy War that will, as Revelation 11:18b speaks of; God's war will bring to ruin those who are ruining the earth that He created for mankind to live on and enjoy.
    All who are participants in things that God has warned people against, will be judged at that time, as well. Only those who have a desire to live in True Peace and Security under the rulership of God's Anointed Son, Jesus, and God's Appointed King, and accept the laws given by Jesus as the correct and only way to live in peace together and cultivate and preserve the earthly home given to 'the sons of men' by our Gracious and generous God, Jehovah.
    By fulfilling the Biblical prophecies, He will no longer allow the original serpent, the one who instigated and perpetuates rebellion against God's laws, to cause harm and death to His loyal subjects who will then 'reside forever upon ' the earth He created for mankind. Psalms 37:29.
    For over 6,000 years God has allowed time for Satan to attempt to prove his claim that it is he, not God who should be the ruler of mankind. Well, in so doing, God has allowed for all types of governments, and sent His prophets and teachers to the most distant parts of the earth, in over 400 languages and dialects, to make His Mighty Name known throughout the earth to people of all nations, tribes and tongues, in order for them to know Him and have a chance to become obedient loyal worshipers of the Only True God, as Jesus called His God and Father, Jehovah, at John 17:3, so that no one can say that they don't know who God is and what it is that He requires of His earthly children. Now, it is up to the individual, as to whether they choose life everlasting in peace, or stubbornly refuse to become obedient to the law of God.
    The prophecy will be fulfilled. As Isaiah 55:10-11 assures us. I strongly recommend the reading of Zephaniah 2:2-3. find your place, friends. While there is yet time to do so.
    Peace to you

(quote)

10. wizanda

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,969
    Religion:
    Øneness
    In my opinion:

It isn't a war to end all wars; it is more that it proves something that causes God to step in to prevent its continuation (Matthew 24:22), which then causes reality to change.
    Agreed there is a battle between light and dark going on, with us in the middle of it; the Great Deception has already happened, and many follow the opposite to what God created, whilst following their Laws made by man.

11. Daisies4me

Daisies4me Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Religion:
    JW
    (quote)

Hi
    a scripture that you may find applicable to your post--- Acts 17:27. also Psalms 134:18.
    If people search for HIm, He will let himself be found by that one searching with a complete heart.

peace to you
    (quote)

12. Daisies4me

Daisies4me Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Religion:
    JW
    (quote)

Hi Wiz
    Thanks for your kind reply. And for sharing your opinion on the matter.
    One thing that I might add for your thoughts on, is the promises held out in the Holy Writings from God as pertaining to 'more wars'. If you look at Micah 4:1-4, and Isaiah 2:2-4, and Revelation 21:3-4.
    We have the Word of God assuring us that there will be no more wars on the earth once Jehovah has installed His King and established His earthly Kingdom rule over all who reside on the earth.
    Something to look forward to, isn't it?
    take good care
    (quote)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Daisies4me

Daisies4me Active Member

Ratings:
    +77
    Religion:
    JW
    (quote)
    Hi Dennis

It is rather difficult to tell who is speaking in your post, so I am going to only respond to the part of the post which I think you wrote. You spoke of the Bible Book of Revelation. I found that by reading the first few verses of the Book, we learn some very important information concerning it. Notice that we are told the chain thru which the information came to us, and in what form.
    It tells us that God gave the revelation to Jesus, who then sent his angel to John, who then presented the information to John in 'signs', or symbols. Things that stand for other things. It isn't a literal happening, but a vision given to John, that he did not understand, and John was told to 'write' it down. For many years, people have wondered over the meaning of the revelation given to John , which is to come upon the entire inhabited earth and will affect everyone alive. Many of the prophecies have been fulfilled, but more fulfillments are to come. It is indeed, a challenge for all serious Bible students.

peace be with you
    (quote)

#173 Daisies4me, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DennisTate

DennisTate Active Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Religion:
    Yes...... when we ask to be shown where we are wrong......
    so that we can serve God and others better.... this prayer is
    certainly answered.