• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There Anyway To Prevent WW3?

Daisies4me

Sure, WW3 could end with a new system of government, even a world government. This government could say WW3 has ended all wars, like they did after WW2, the war to end all wars. They could even say Christs kingdom has come. Scripture has warnings. "But while they are saying peace and security destruction will come upon them suddenly" "Let no man deceive you that Christs Kingdom has come" He wouldn't warn you if they weren't trying to do it. And very convincingly at that, to even "fool the saints if it were possible"...

(quote)

Hi K
You are correct in that the claims of the 'kings of the earth' and their veiled attempts to bring (a superficial appearance of) 'peace' to the earth has indeed been produced by the 'great deceiver', as the Bible calls Satan, who is behind all governments that are against the Kingdom of God, and is 'blinding the minds of ' those under his control, so that they cannot 'see' with their eyes of discernment, who is really the 'god ' of this world--Satan. 2 corinthians 4:4-- or differentiate between the True God and the gods promoted by the nations.

The Kingdom that Jesus taught us to pray for at Matthew 6:9-10, is the Theocracy that I give my allegiance to.
The Kingdom that I speak of is NOT the political governments of this world.

Look at Daniel's prophecy

Daniel 2:28 But there is a God in the heavens who is a Revealer of secrets, and he has made known to King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar what is to happen in the final part of the days. .....

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,

peace

Daisies4me

One issue I have is if man kind can be truthful with itself, control mass breeding, learn to appreciate and respect this universe (and in particular this lovely planet), and live the truth, and yes occasionally make mistakes but try to put them right, then that for me would be paradise. What the prophecies offer with their paradise seems to me not to offer any satisfaction and to be boring. What would be the point of living? To be a puppet of a mega-ego?

I in this life, luckily and thanks to many, have learnt to be happy with my lot and get extreme pleasure from what I do. In particular helping others without the need for reward, just the warm feeling it gives me. Things while under the shadow of the church I could not dream of.

Guess I was born, despite all the attempts by the CofE, to be an atheist :)
(quote)

Hi Nigel
Most of us are glad that we are here, too. As opposed to the alternative! ha j/k.

For me, the prospect of having no more pollution would be first and foremost a great blessing to all.
And then, being brought to perfection both physically , and mentally, as well as a spiritual healing, is a thing that our minds in the condition we are in now cannot truly absorb.
(reminds me of an old song--probably too old for most to remember-- ' just checked in to see what condition my condition was in' ) ha

Having all eternity to explore, investigate, navigate, and enjoy all of the things we may have thought we would like to do/see/experience and having an eternity to do it all, just doesn't seem that boring to me.
Not to mention that all of our loved ones in the memorial tombs will be brought back to life... reconnecting with them, and being able to get to know those from Bible accounts, and hear their personal experiences would be worth the trip...

I have many things to look forward to-- how about you?

peace

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
(quote)
Hi K
You are correct in that the claims of the 'kings of the earth' and their veiled attempts to bring (a superficial appearance of) 'peace' to the earth has indeed been produced by the 'great deceiver', as the Bible calls Satan, who is behind all governments that are against the Kingdom of God, and is 'blinding the minds of ' those under his control, so that they cannot 'see' with their eyes of discernment, who is really the 'god ' of this world--Satan. 2 Corinthians 4:4-- or differentiate between the True God and the gods promoted by the nations.
The Kingdom that Jesus taught us to pray for at Matthew 6:9-10, is the Theocracy that I give my allegiance to.
The Kingdom that I speak of is NOT the political governments of this world.
Look at Daniel's prophecy
Daniel 2:28 But there is a God in the heavens who is a Revealer of secrets, and he has made known to King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar what is to happen in the final part of the days. .....
“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,
peace

I would like to take the liberty to add a comment about the Theocracy of Daniel 2:44 because often the modern-day definition of Theocracy is rule by clergy, or rule by clergy class. So, if a person is thinking along those lines they might conclude a government on Earth ruled by clerics. For example: If I recall correctly the Ayatollah Khomeini considered himself as a Theocrat or governing a Theocracy. Whereas the Theocracy (God Rule) the prophet Daniel believed in is from the biblical God with Jesus being King of God's kingdom government for a thousand years to restore beautiful paradisical conditions on Earth as mentioned at 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
One issue I have is if man kind can be truthful with itself, control mass breeding, learn to appreciate and respect this universe (and in particular this lovely planet), and live the truth, and yes occasionally make mistakes but try to put them right, then that for me would be paradise. What the prophecies offer with their paradise seems to me not to offer any satisfaction and to be boring. What would be the point of living? To be a puppet of a mega-ego?
I in this life, luckily and thanks to many, have learnt to be happy with my lot and get extreme pleasure from what I do. In particular helping others without the need for reward, just the warm feeling it gives me. Things while under the shadow of the church I could not dream of.
Guess I was born, despite all the attempts by the CofE, to be an atheist :)

I read that in Eden mankind was told to ' fill ' the Earth meaning Not 'overfill' Not over populate Earth.
So, with the perfect paradisical conditions on Earth at mankind's start shows God's purpose was that man was to reproduce until Earth was populated, No over 'breeding '.

If we had human perfection our leanings/ would be toward righteousness.
In our present imperfect state, No matter how hard we try we can Not be upright but fall short.
In Genesis we are introduced to the ' tree of life '. Mankind's downfall lost access to the ' tree of life'.
In Revelation 22:2 we are introduced to the ' return ' of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for mankind.
There will be ' healing ' for earth's nations. Part of that healing process is brought out at Revelation 11:18 B that God will bring to ruin those ruining Earth. In other words, the wicked will be destroyed according to Psalms 92:7.
God gifting us with free-will choices shows we are Not puppets, Not robots, rather we all have the opportunity to act responsibly toward God's Golden Rule, and Jesus' New command to have self-sacrificing love for others as he had according to John 13:34-35.

I never tire of my favorite foods, I never tire of being with the people I love the most, but always look forward to the next time I will see them. So, I do Not find that boring but satisfying.

I think the neighborly good Samaritan who helped the man in distress could have felt pleasure in helping him.
Some people even experience what is called ' helper's high ' in doing good deeds. Since No one will say, "I am sick...." according to Isaiah 33:24 then we can experience helping others who are Not in distress, but in helping them accomplish a goal such as each healthy person having their own property as mentioned at Micah 4:3-4; Isaiah 65:21-23. Good times are coming !

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
........ I'm not saying religion as a cause of war can't happen, but it's not so much the religion, but the people who control the religion that leads us into serious disagreements and war.

I once said something similar to the ^ above ^ in that I said I saw nothing wrong with religion just the people in it.
After I said what I said, I began thinking that what I said just did Not sound right in my mind.
After all, religion (the clergy) using the pulpit as a recruiting station so that parents would sacrifice their young on the Altar of War shows a BIG political connection and backing between church and state.
When we read in history about the world wars, the clergy on both sides often prayed to the same God for victory.
Catholic of one country killed Catholics of another country, Protestants did the same. They taught God would give the victory to His choice, but how could spiritual brothers take up arms against fellow spiritual brothers, they can't.

We are nearing the time of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 when ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying (Not War) but saying, "Peace and Security", but that so-called "Peace" is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14, which will climax in God's War of Armageddon ( the war to end all wars ) when the words from Jesus' mouth will execute the wicked according to Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.

arthra

Baha'i
According to Biblical prophecy, all nations are to come against Jerusalem, and then God steps in to save those who are righteous; why do we need to have a World War, and everyone removed before people will accept who the Messiah is? Surely this isn't something most people want, as most people are not invited to the Messianic age; therefore they will be removed from reality, according to most eschatology globally (Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, American Indian, Taoism, etc).
Can't we work to fix the things, why do people need to argue rather than look for solutions;

Wizanda,

If checked the prophecies among the Shiah traditions there is a different slant than a "WW3"...

According to the Tafsir Al Ayyashi...
(When the Qa'im arises) ...He will fill the earth with equity and justice, just as it will be filled with inequity, oppression and aggression." In a recent book "The Mahdi Understanding the Awaited One" by Sayyid Muneer Alkhabbaz it's noted on page 116: "Imam Mahdi is the instrument with which God will revive the earth." He further writes:

"The indication is that before the appearance of Imam Mahdi the earth will suffer a spiritual and physical death. It will be struck with disasters such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and floods alongside the disastrous consequences of global warming. It will be revived after this death by a new global civilization."

So the outlook is not so pessimistic.

The Baha'i view is more optimistic. We believe the Bab fulfilled the expectations of the Mahdi and that Baha'u'llah Who was we believe "Him Whom God would make manifest" addressed the rulers of the earth back around 1867 urging them to establish a representative world parliament, an international court of arbitration and a reduction of armaments to begin the process of building the foundations of a world civilization.

You can about the Tablets Baha'u'llah addressed to the rulers here:

The Summons of the Lord of Hosts | Bahá’í Reference Library

Daisies4me

I would like to take the liberty to add a comment about the Theocracy of Daniel 2:44 because often the modern-day definition of Theocracy is rule by clergy, or rule by clergy class. So, if a person is thinking along those lines they might conclude a government on Earth ruled by clerics. For example: If I recall correctly the Ayatollah Khomeini considered himself as a Theocrat or governing a Theocracy. Whereas the Theocracy (God Rule) the prophet Daniel believed in is from the biblical God with Jesus being King of God's kingdom government for a thousand years to restore beautiful paradisical conditions on Earth as mentioned at 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.

(quote)

Hi URA
Thank you so much for bringing that out for us. It is a very important point, and I agree that many do misconstrue that scripture.

It is important to differentiate the coming Kingdom from the cleric-ruled religious 'kingdoms' that have/do exist on earth.

Thanks again for clarification

take good care

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's a no-brainer that we're going to have a WW III some day. The questions are when, what will start it, how will it end, and so forth.

Daisies4me

I think there is a lack of understanding as to what these prophecies say. It's not the prophecy that causes the conflicts. Instead, we should look to these prophecies and try to alleviate the conflicts that lead up to these prophecies. While we may not be able to avoid WWIII, we may be able to alleviate the causes that lead up to it. A better understanding of the prophecies is a good beginning.

(quote)

Hi JB

Do you think that the Bible prophecies will be fulfilled?

How would you suggest that "a better understanding" of the prophecies might be found, or taught?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
(quote)
Hi URA
Thank you so much for bringing that out for us. It is a very important point, and I agree that many do misconstrue that scripture.
It is important to differentiate the coming Kingdom from the cleric-ruled religious 'kingdoms' that have/do exist on earth.
Thanks again for clarification
take good care

You're Welcome.
Long ago when I was in High School a teacher asked us to list different forms of government.
One student said Theocracy. The teacher said ' good ' and after the word Theocracy he wrote " God Rule".
At that point the class bell rang and since class was mostly boys I did Not know who suggested Theocracy.
In my quest to learn more an adult man told me the definition of Theocracy was clergy rule.

Also, I was taught God's kingdom was synonymous with heaven.
I tried praying Our Father who art in Kingdom, thy Heaven come, but that did Not make sense to me.
After all, how could Heaven fit on Earth. When I learned that the Kingdom of England is a government, and the Kingdom of Jordan is a government, then it made more sense to me that the Kingdom of God is also a real government with Jesus being King of God's Kingdom for a thousand years.
I think it is wonderful that we are all invited to pray the invitation for Jesus to come at Revelation 22:20.
Come and rescue (deliver/save) the living figurative humble ' sheep'-like people of Matthew 25:31-33,37 because they will be the foundation of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.

Also, when I drive by cemeteries, especially the ones with tomb stones, I think there should be a sign posted for dead saying, " Come Lord Jesus and get me out of here! " because Jesus will resurrect them - Revelation 1:18.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It's a no-brainer that we're going to have a WW III some day. The questions are when, what will start it, how will it end, and so forth.

I think you would be right if we do Not have divine involvement into mankind's affairs.
Some people think of biblical Armageddon as being WW3, some a nuclear Armageddon. (Nuclear being the clue)
I find in Scripture what starts 'it' , so to speak, is that the political will suddenly turn on the religious world.
As to how it all ends is that there will be a Happy Ending or a New Beginning for people of goodwill.

P.S. Your picture of a Lion will then include a Lamb living in harmony with each other and us.

Daisies4me

You're Welcome.
Long ago when I was in High School a teacher asked us to list different forms of government.
One student said Theocracy. The teacher said ' good ' and after the word Theocracy he wrote " God Rule".
At that point the class bell rang and since class was mostly boys I did Not know who suggested Theocracy.
In my quest to learn more an adult man told me the definition of Theocracy was clergy rule.

Also, I was taught God's kingdom was synonymous with heaven.
I tried praying Our Father who art in Kingdom, thy Heaven come, but that did Not make sense to me.
After all, how could Heaven fit on Earth. When I learned that the Kingdom of England is a government, and the Kingdom of Jordan is a government, then it made more sense to me that the Kingdom of God is also a real government with Jesus being King of God's Kingdom for a thousand years.
I think it is wonderful that we are all invited to pray the invitation for Jesus to come at Revelation 22:20.
Come and rescue (deliver/save) the living figurative humble ' sheep'-like people of Matthew 25:31-33,37 because they will be the foundation of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.

Also, when I drive by cemeteries, especially the ones with tomb stones, I think there should be a sign posted for dead saying, " Come Lord Jesus and get me out of here! " because Jesus will resurrect them - Revelation 1:18.

(quote)

Hi URA

Great experiences! Thanks for sharing.

Reasoning on the Scriptures. Good application.

thanks

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
As to how it all ends is that there will be a Happy Ending or a New Beginning for people of goodwill.
I have many things to look forward to
much has to occur before God's Kingdom comes down to the earth
Yet to all Christians, what if you're all not invited, and no Christian, Muslim or Rabbinic Jew will be in the Messianic age?

Do you still want total annihilation, to remove all these wicked that you're part of?

Shouldn't we be trying to prevent it, and not hasten the day to come? :innocent:

Last edited:

james bond

(quote)

Hi JB

Do you think that the Bible prophecies will be fulfilled?

How would you suggest that "a better understanding" of the prophecies might be found, or taught?

I thought I made it clear that it does not have to be fulfilled in our lifetimes. It's not the prophecy that counts, but what people do to alleviate their differences. If what's stated in the Bible comes true, then I estimate it to be around 2060 based on Nostradamos which could be within our lifetimes. Bruce Bueno de Mesquita does not think Iran nor China will be the big threat to the US that people think today. Thus, at this point, I do not see WWIII happening anytime soon. Of course, this could change very fast as we continue to have local wars and countries are becoming more protectionist. Whatever happens, it depends on what people do. Since the Bible does not give a timeline, we shouldn't have to worry about these prophecies. What I usually have found with the Bible is not to dwell on it too much. I dwelled on what happened in heaven to start a war before Adam and Eve were created and ended up being wrong. There are scholars and Bible leaders that can understand and explain it better than the layman. It's similar to science. There are those who can theorize and explain things better than others. Otherwise, we end with a lot of crackpot ideas like the Blood Moons, end of the world predictions, the coming of the 3rd Antichrist and more biblical lunacy. I would trust Nostradamos and Brue Bueno de Mesquita and what they say, as well as the Bible scholars on the Armageddon. Otherwise, I'm not going to worry about it. If it happens, it happens.

Daisies4me

Yet to all Christians, what if you're all not invited, and no Christian, Muslim or Rabbinic Jew will be in the Messianic age?

Do you still want total annihilation, to remove all these wicked that you're part of?

Shouldn't we be trying to prevent it, and not hasten the day to come? :innocent:
(quote)

Hi Wiz
There is currently a global effort that has been going on for the past century, making known the requirements that God has told all of mankind for avoiding the coming destruction. Many vehemently reject God's attempts to reach them with the Bible instructions. Everyone has heard, and the message is still being brought to every household or person who will listen. Just as Jesus directed his followers to do.

Notice, please, these Bible passages;

Matthew 24:13 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. 13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved.
14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Matt. 28: 18 Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Millions have responded to the message, and those who have chosen to reject the message from Jesus, the Son of God, that God Himself requires for all who will reside in His paradise earth, do so of their own will. They make their choice whether to obey God and live, or continue to follow Satan and be cast out. so no one can say they have not been warned.
Free will .
Make the choice.

peace

Daisies4me

I thought I made it clear that it does not have to be fulfilled in our lifetimes. It's not the prophecy that counts, but what people do to alleviate their differences. If what's stated in the Bible comes true, then I estimate it to be around 2060 based on Nostradamos which could be within our lifetimes. Bruce Bueno de Mesquita does not think Iran nor China will be the big threat to the US that people think today. Thus, at this point, I do not see WWIII happening anytime soon. Of course, this could change very fast as we continue to have local wars and countries are becoming more protectionist. Whatever happens, it depends on what people do. Since the Bible does not give a timeline, we shouldn't have to worry about these prophecies. What I usually have found with the Bible is not to dwell on it too much. I dwelled on what happened in heaven to start a war before Adam and Eve were created and ended up being wrong. There are scholars and Bible leaders that can understand and explain it better than the layman. It's similar to science. There are those who can theorize and explain things better than others. Otherwise, we end with a lot of crackpot ideas like the Blood Moons, end of the world predictions, the coming of the 3rd Antichrist and more biblical lunacy. I would trust Nostradamos and Brue Bueno de Mesquita and what they say, as well as the Bible scholars on the Armageddon. Otherwise, I'm not going to worry about it. If it happens, it happens.
(quote)

Hi

I didn't ask you WHEN you thought Bible prophecy would be fulfilled, I asked if you believe that Bible prophecy will be fulfilled.

Ignoring the reality doesn't stop it from coming to pass.

#headinthesandsyndrome

bottom line: "fear the True God and Keep His commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man." ~ Ecclesiastes 12:13~

peace

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
According to Biblical prophecy, all nations are to come against Jerusalem, and then God steps in to save those who are righteous; why do we need to have a World War, and everyone removed before people will accept who the Messiah is?

Surely this isn't something most people want, as most people are not invited to the Messianic age; therefore they will be removed from reality, according to most eschatology globally (Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, American Indian, Taoism, etc).

Can't we work to fix the things, why do people need to argue rather than look for solutions; realize some people think it is all fantasy, especially some of the people within the religions themselves.... Yet too much of the prophecy has already happened to the letter.

Are true prophecies inevitable or is it possible to turn it all around, and God to change his mind; if we all recognized the error of our ways like Nineveh?

Is there anyway within prophecy for the Messiah to reverse it or does it have to be a final war, and God destroying all those who don't accept, before we can progress? :innocent:

If you knew you were personally responsible because of your beliefs, would you change to avoid world wide destruction? o_O

Yes.
By debunking people who are deluded enough to believe there is some sort of prophecy to that effect in some religious book.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
those who have chosen to reject the message from Jesus
Having spent years analyzing, and speaking with many religious people; unfortunately Christians follow John, Paul and Simon the stone (petros), and in doing have defiled the Law, showing they have no understanding on what Yeshua's message is....

The question was 'what if you're all not invited', well aware of what is stated, and currently in my understanding, Rabbinic Jews, Muslims and Christians are generally not accepting Yeshua's teachings.

Take into account Yeshua said the whole world will be deceived; so quoting millions have followed the right path, doesn't match what the Biblical text presents, it is what the religious leaders like to say to convince people.
By debunking people who are deluded enough to believe there is some sort of prophecy to that effect in some religious book.
On a easy note to show how blatant the prophecy is in front of everyone:

Yeshua warns in all 3 Synoptic Gospels that the world will be deceived by those that come after (Luke 21:8), using the term 'Ego I-mee' (I Am).

Within the made up Gospel of John there are 7 key "I Am" statements, that make him appear as if he was claiming to be God...

Whereas if we check the Synoptic Gospels we can see Yeshua doesn't speak that way, and applied "Ego I-mee" to the Most High (Brahman). :innocent:

Last edited:

Daisies4me

So we're discounting God's abilities to do anything to prevent such a war and the resulting induction of pain and suffering, correct? He's not going to raise a hand to prevent anything at all, help anyone, etc.? I wonder why that is? Perhaps He is unable. Makes one wonder if all the talk of such powers completely blows God's abilities out of proportion. Perhaps He is nothing more than an omnipresent spectator?

And what do you think will "progress" once all the non-believers are destroyed or have destroyed themselves? Do you honestly believe that no new children will be born that have ideas more like mine than yours from that point on? That is tantamount to intellectual negligence. It's exactly like those who "await" the "rapture". The period of tribulation is said to last a thousand years. Is it expected that no innocent babies be born during that time? How fair is it to condemn babies to hellish conditions on Earth? And if the alternate case is true - that no babies are born - then the "thousand years" bit is pretty pointless since all humanity would die off within the first 70 (or so) years. The details like these - the ones completely glossed over or not even addressed by the scriptures - basically prove to my mind that it was written merely to "sound good". And if God is truly expected to be behind something like this, then is it any wonder some people have a hard time getting behind God?

Here's something to ponder - if Satan were to show himself to me, prove who he was, and offer to do something extraordinary for me if I sold my soul to him, his presence would immediately prove that God exists. Now, my fortitude is such that I would tell Satan to go stuff himself, and do so with extreme relish. However, knowledge that God exists would not see me jumping on His bandwagon either. I don't have to choose a side... and I would tell either side to go stuff themselves. I decide where my allegiance lies - not Satan, not God. A serious display of responsible and good-intentioned behavior would need to take place before I'd pledge my allegiance anywhere. As it stands... I just do not see it.
(quote)

Hi V
about "choosing a side"----- consider this; there are only two options. Either you side with Jehovah God and His Son, the Christ, or you side with the challenger, Satan the Devil.

There can be no 'fence-siting', you see. The 'fence' belongs to Satan.

Only those who express their loyalty to God and Christ have the option of surviving the cleansing of the earth.

Think Noah's ark. they either got in before God closed the door and sealed it shut, or they were out in the rain.

No fence-sitting. It is imperative that all people make an educated decision as to whom they want to serve.
In the 'immortal words of (Bob) Dylan', "you gotta serve somebody"...

There are many people willing to teach you the Bible truths that may help to save your life when the 'end' comes--- but you must make the call. no one is forced to search for the Truth from God that enables people to continue living after the cleansing of the earth of all evil, wicked, ungodly ones...

peace

Daisies4me

Yes.

(quote)
Hi Sayak
Sounds like the dark ages all over again... wanna burn Bible readers at the stake , too?

(tongue in cheek)

peace