• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There Anyway To Prevent WW3?

Daisies4me

According to Biblical prophecy, all nations are to come against Jerusalem, and then God steps in to save those who are righteous; why do we need to have a World War, and everyone removed before people will accept who the Messiah is?

Surely this isn't something most people want, as most people are not invited to the Messianic age; therefore they will be removed from reality, according to most eschatology globally (Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, American Indian, Taoism, etc).

Can't we work to fix the things, why do people need to argue rather than look for solutions; realize some people think it is all fantasy, especially some of the people within the religions themselves.... Yet too much of the prophecy has already happened to the letter.

Are true prophecies inevitable or is it possible to turn it all around, and God to change his mind; if we all recognized the error of our ways like Nineveh?

Is there anyway within prophecy for the Messiah to reverse it or does it have to be a final war, and God destroying all those who don't accept, before we can progress? :innocent:

If you knew you were personally responsible because of your beliefs, would you change to avoid world wide destruction? o_O

(quote)

Hi Wiz

apparently there are many teachings that breed much confusion about the prophecies given in the Bible.
The war of God Almighty is a global cleansing of the earth of all who oppose the Theocratic Kingdom of God, and refuse to obey His laws.

While human rulers make wars all the time, that is not what the Bible is talking about as being the "final war" to culminate the present system of rulership that exists on earth. Some erroneously call it the 'end of the world'. It is the end of Satan's rulership over the earth, in reality. The earth will always exist, as Eccl. 1:4 assures us. God will not allow the planet earth to be totally destroyed by greedy men.

God's Holy Wat is not 'all nations against (literal) Jerusalem'.
It involves all nations, tribes and tongues dwelling on the earth that oppose the rule of God's Anointed King, Jesus, and refuse to adhere to the laws God has given to mankind. see Rev. 18:3-5, about the destruction of 'Babylon the Great", the world empire of false religion. That gets rid of 'religion', which we are seeing in the works today among the 'kings of the earth'. The continuance thereafter, is the global system of governance that will remove also, the 'kings of the earth' that attempt to allow only worship of the state.
It is God's Holy War. (Revelation 16:14, & 17)

The 'Kings of the earth" wage war against the ones who refuse to take the 'mark of the beast', and give their loyalty to the Theocratic Kingdom of God with Jesus as King, as that global rulership is foretold in Daniel 2:44, and "all of those kingdoms" that exist today will attempt to gain world domination, attempting to get rid of all persons who remain loyal to the Almighty God and give Honor to the Son, God's Anointed King, who will rule for 1,000 years while reconciling those who survive the great war, and all those resurrected from the dead, all of existing mankind and the earth with His Father, Jehovah, so that God will then be 'all things' to all people. at the end of the 1,000 yr reign, all things on earth will have been perfected, and a mediator between God and man will no longer be needed. At that time, Jesus hands the kingdom rule back over to His God and Father, and all things will be in unity of worship of the Only True God, Jehovah. and all wicked ones will have been 'torn away '(Proverbs 2:21-22) from the earth, and Micah 4:4 and Isaiah 2:2-4 will then be fulfilled.
quick synopsis for your consideration.
It is NOT about literal 'Israel' or literal 'Jerusalem" at all. Our war is a spiritual one.

Very interesting thread so thanks one and all and especially the OP.

Just one thing that baffles me is how people offer a prophecy becoming true, or even a prophecy that may still yet become true (or not), as evidence of something. Yet they totally ignore the prophecies that didn't come true. The millions of prophecies that didn't become true.

It is like the old share prediction scam - which sadly the gullible fall for time and time again.
But as I say interesting reading

Daisies4me

No God destroys it. 2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

And besides, it says there will be a new heaven and a new earth, so what could our bombs do to heaven?

(quote)

Hi Kemo
here we have another example of figurative, not literal, speak. The literal heaven and earth will never be destroyed. the planet earth remains forever. Ecclesiastes 1: 4 A generation is going, and a generation is coming,But the earth remains (is standing) forever.

Psalm 78:69 He made his sanctuary as enduring as the heavens,Like the earth that he has established forever.

2Peter 3: 5 For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water.*** 7
But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people.**

***(Genesis 7: 11 So He wiped every living thing from the surface of the earth, including man, animals, creeping animals, and the flying creatures of the sky. They were all wiped off the earth; only Noah and those with him in the ark survived.) The same earth that we live on today was covered with water, but the water went down, and the people on the ark got off, and we have all descended from them, and live on the same earth that they lived on.

** ( 2 Thessalonians 1:7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength,

So, since the literal earth is not going to be destroyed, who is going to be destroyed? The 'world' of mankind who refuses to 'know God' and obey His Son. The human population that does not submit to the Theocratic Kingdom of God.

likewise, the rest of the symbolism is not to be taken literal in those passages. The 'works' will be 'uncovered'...

take care

Kemosloby

Premium Member

(quote)

Hi Kemo
here we have another example of figurative, not literal, speak. The literal heaven and earth will never be destroyed. the planet earth remains forever. Ecclesiastes 1: 4 A generation is going, and a generation is coming,But the earth remains (is standing) forever.

Psalm 78:69 He made his sanctuary as enduring as the heavens,Like the earth that he has established forever.

2Peter 3: 5 For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water.*** 7
But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people.**

***(Genesis 7: 11 So He wiped every living thing from the surface of the earth, including man, animals, creeping animals, and the flying creatures of the sky. They were all wiped off the earth; only Noah and those with him in the ark survived.) The same earth that we live on today was covered with water, but the water went down, and the people on the ark got off, and we have all descended from them, and live on the same earth that they lived on.

** ( 2 Thessalonians 1:7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength,

So, since the literal earth is not going to be destroyed, who is going to be destroyed? The 'world' of mankind who refuses to 'know God' and obey His Son. The human population that does not submit to the Theocratic Kingdom of God.

likewise, the rest of the symbolism is not to be taken literal in those passages. The 'works' will be 'uncovered'...

take care
The foundation may stand forever but the surface will be wiped clean. " Like in the days of Noah"

Daisies4me

The foundation may stand forever but the surface will be wiped clean. " Like in the days of Noah"

(quote)

Hi again, Kemo

Indeed! the literal created planet earth will remain. It is the wicked human society and their 'works' that will be removed. And everyone who survives will breath 'clean' air for the first time. All pollution will be gone, and all producing pollution will be gone.
All false religious leaders who 'pollute' the world with their false doctrines will be gone.
All oppressive political rulers will be gone. All crooked politicians and their armies will be gone. All nationalism will be gone. All political boundaries will be gone.
And as Psalm 37:29 promises, those who survive the cut will 'possess the earth and reside forever upon it'.

Peace to you

Kemosloby

Premium Member
(quote)

Hi again, Kemo

Indeed! the literal created planet earth will remain. It is the wicked human society and their 'works' that will be removed. And everyone who survives will breath 'clean' air for the first time. All pollution will be gone, and all producing pollution will be gone.
All false religious leaders who 'pollute' the world with their false doctrines will be gone.
All oppressive political rulers will be gone. All crooked politicians and their armies will be gone. All nationalism will be gone. All political boundaries will be gone.
And as Psalm 37:29 promises, those who survive the cut will 'possess the earth and reside forever upon it'.

Peace to you

Oh, your one of those prepared to accept the false kingdom. New World Order, antichrist etc etc

cirillo

Premium Member
God's prophecy to me is found at Revelation 22:2 that there will be 'healing' (Not destruction) for earth's nations.
To me there will be No WWIII, but Armageddon (Revelation 19:11) which brings an end to wickedness on Earth.
It is Not man's war, but heavenly Jesus with heavenly angelic armies according to Revelation.
So, it is Not destruction of Earth, or life on Earth, but that there will be destruction of wickedness on Earth.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth are only against the wicked according to Isaiah 11:3-4 and Revelation 19:14-16.
Then, as chapter 35 of Isaiah describes, the Earth will be a paradisical earth full of beauty and health.
Only the wicked will be destroyed forever according to Psalms 92:7, for the Earth will abide forever according to Ecclesiastes 1:4 B, and the humble meek people will inherit the Earth as Jesus' promised at Matthew 5:5.
agree100 per cent

Daisies4me

Oh, your one of those prepared to accept the false kingdom. New World Order, antichrist etc etc

(quote)

Hi
"False kingdom'? please explain your meaning...
Do you disagree with the scriptures that were shared with you? if so, why? please explain what you found distasteful about the prophetic understandings?

as to the 'new world order', since Poppy Bush hijacked that term , it is not one that I adhere to... his meaning and my understanding are certainly polar opposites. I choose to refer the coming Theocratic rule of The Christ as the new system of things. The destruction of the current ruling authority will lend to the need for a new system to begin ruling, wouldn't you think?

If there was ever any doubt, for the record, I am an adherent of the Holy Scriptures from God, if that is what you meant to say..

peace to you

Kemosloby

Premium Member
(quote)

Hi
"False kingdom'? please explain your meaning...
Do you disagree with the scriptures that were shared with you? if so, why? please explain what you found distasteful about the prophetic understandings?

as to the 'new world order', since Poppy Bush hijacked that term , it is not one that I adhere to... his meaning and my understanding are certainly polar opposites. I choose to refer the coming Theocratic rule of The Christ as the new system of things. The destruction of the current ruling authority will lend to the need for a new system to begin ruling, wouldn't you think?

If there was ever any doubt, for the record, I am an adherent of the Holy Scriptures from God, if that is what you meant to say..

peace to you

Sure, WW3 could end with a new system of government, even a world government. This government could say WW3 has ended all wars, like they did after WW2, the war to end all wars. They could even say Christs kingdom has come. Scripture has warnings. "But while they are saying peace and security destruction will come upon them suddenly" "Let no man deceive you that Christs Kingdom has come" He wouldn't warn you if they weren't trying to do it. And very convincingly at that, to even "fool the saints if it were possible"...

One issue I have is if man kind can be truthful with itself, control mass breeding, learn to appreciate and respect this universe (and in particular this lovely planet), and live the truth, and yes occasionally make mistakes but try to put them right, then that for me would be paradise. What the prophecies offer with their paradise seems to me not to offer any satisfaction and to be boring. What would be the point of living? To be a puppet of a mega-ego?

I in this life, luckily and thanks to many, have learnt to be happy with my lot and get extreme pleasure from what I do. In particular helping others without the need for reward, just the warm feeling it gives me. Things while under the shadow of the church I could not dream of.

Guess I was born, despite all the attempts by the CofE, to be an atheist :)

According to Biblical prophecy, all nations are to come against Jerusalem, and then God steps in to save those who are righteous; why do we need to have a World War, and everyone removed before people will accept who the Messiah is?

Surely this isn't something most people want, as most people are not invited to the Messianic age; therefore they will be removed from reality, according to most eschatology globally (Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, American Indian, Taoism, etc).

Can't we work to fix the things, why do people need to argue rather than look for solutions; realize some people think it is all fantasy, especially some of the people within the religions themselves.... Yet too much of the prophecy has already happened to the letter.

Are true prophecies inevitable or is it possible to turn it all around, and God to change his mind; if we all recognized the error of our ways like Nineveh?

Is there anyway within prophecy for the Messiah to reverse it or does it have to be a final war, and God destroying all those who don't accept, before we can progress? :innocent:

If you knew you were personally responsible because of your beliefs, would you change to avoid world wide destruction? o_O

I find the most merit it the last paragraph: "If you knew you were personally responsible because of your beliefs, would you change to avoid world wide destruction?" And knowingly or not we are all part of the problem.

Self evidently, the collection of religious ideas and claims that make up history are without the authority to deliver the peace that many dream of and all pay lip service to but is never realized. There is obviously some thing wrong, probably with human nature itself.

Non theistic traditions are by their very nature self limiting. Thus the question for monotheism, especially Christianity, is do these human theological constructs actually have anything to do with God? Unable to deliver on the Promise of the Incarnation, the answer is probably not! No more than a theological counterfeit chasing after wind.

Yet self evidently our species is not headed for the Kingdom of God, so a 'correction' is necessary to take mankind off the slippery slope to its own self made hell. A correction we are unable to make or even comprehend for ourselves. Thus the need for that correction to be 'revealed' and one to reveal it on terms humanity can easily, clearly and unambiguously understand.

And must not a 'correction' necessarily be proceeded by a 'judgment' on the nature of error and evil itself? But is our species prepared to confront error and accept correction? As no traditional authority currently exists with such profound understanding and in an era of fake news how can we be certain any new claim to revealed insight is 'good news'?

So my best guess is that if God is going to save man from himself, man must first recognize the limitations of his reason and his inability and failure to construct a truly moral cultural foundation. One might think that the DoomsDay clock at two and a half minutes to midnight and a looming environmental crisis would make that self evident. Yet such wisdom is in short supply.

But if a second coming takes place, contrary to most religious opinion, I would expect that event not to affirm any faith, dogma or doctrine but to expose and correct with gnashing of teeth all around.

Yet any new revelation must ask humanity: choose the future you prefer? The existing status quo, with religious traditions mired in their own contradictions, scandal, corruption, hypocrisy, sectarianism and hocus-pocus, offering little but pretensions and divisiveness and where political process can only feebly respond by spin and white wash to any of the great questions facing and threatening both mankind and the earth itself. Or comprehend that human nature, prisoner to its evolutionary root, exists within fixed limits of understanding and moral potential. And 'as in the beginning' by taking new personal responsibility, in a single change of mind, heart and conduct, by faith transcend those limits and blow the status quo straight to oblivion. Or as noted by Dante in his Divine Comedy:

For as I turned, there greeted mine likewise
What all behold who contemplate aright,
That's Heaven's revolution through the skies.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
To think that EVERY NATION ON EARTH is somehow violently opposed to Israel's existence, or inhabitants, is UTTERLY RETARDED.

Do you worship the hopes of dead EXTREMIST NATIONALISTS?

Bill Van Fleet

Isaiah 5:19 Who say, “Let him make speed, let him hasten his work, that we may see it; and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw near and come, that we may know it!”

Amos 5:18 “Woe to you who desire the day of Yahweh! Why do you long for the day of Yahweh? It is darkness, and not light.

We can't bring it about; anything we do to hurry it that causes more negative affects, is likely to remove us from eternity...

God has to reset earth, as we're about to destroy it, and you want this to happen? :eek:

This could be possible before it, by the Messiah interlinking all religions globally, and creating a world council....

Yet it would need everyone to help, and drop some beliefs for the sake of righteousness and unity.

There isn't anything self fulfilling, about Israel being cursed, sent out throughout the nations, to then return, yet to become a burden some stone to all nations, so that it causes WW3, it is item specific...

Can detail so much prophecy, that is all extremely specific and all happen; again religious biases to questioning information available is likely to encourage the end result, as WW3 is heavily caused by the religious arguments.

Now we could say they are hastening it, and there is a brilliant documentary by Tony Robinson called the Doomsday Code; where it questions that politicians are siding with religious fundamentalists for the sake of keeping appearances.

Revelation 11:18 The nations were angry, and your wrath came, as did the time for the dead to be judged, and to give your bondservants the prophets, their reward, as well as to the saints, and those who fear your name, to the small and the great; and to destroy those who destroy the earth.”

This is God's creation, the meek shall inherit the earth, and Christ is to reign here...

It is humans that destroy here, God has to step in, which is then the final judgement... Yet God resets earth, not destroys it.

Agreed that the New World Order or Babylon the Gr8 are manipulating the whole worlds economy, and creating these wars...

Though just the same as at the time of Christ, the people have the power to remove their leaders; yet we need to be united, and they're doing everything possible to make it appear as if the people are very divided.

Get what you're saying, that it appears by what Yeshua was saying that these are birthing pains; yet the contractions when they begin will hurt (nuclear), which is why God then has to step in. :innocent:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
basically, how can you believe that the world will be "better" after some massive, God-driven shake-up when there will still be new heathens being born?
Because reality isn't what it seems, everything is being monitored by the CPU; when many of us have lived many lifes, most of the testing has been done.

Therefore why not assess everyone who accepts the Way that is required for us all to live in harmony, and remove the rest.

Therefore we're talking about complete control of the Matrix; a reformatting of reality, and keep those who played nicely on the open alpha.

Next is prophesied only one thousand years peace, and then a return of flaws, i.e closed beta.

Finally there is a version that is infinite reality, without all those who damage the game of life.
New people to make all these "mistakes" that the religious seem to believe themselves absolved from?
This current world is called the Maya, a place of delusion, most people are missing the plot in someway, and most people seem to be contrary to what they say they follow... Thus feel sorry for religious people the most. ;)

As for future generations, there are complex algorithms trying to improve the game players potential; yet some people are ardent against the Framework helping them.
Why would any informed follower of Christ want to know if there is anyway to avoid WW3?
Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
It is NOT about literal 'Israel' or literal 'Jerusalem" at all. Our war is a spiritual one.
Now in some of what you've written, there are elements of a corrupt system of religion, and governments being a major aspect of the issues that lead to what we see in the world.

Yet Zechariah 12, Isaiah 29, etc are quite clear it is Jerusalem to be attacked, Revelation speaks of the War being at Megiddo which is just above it.

So agree there is a spiritual war; yet a lot of that battle should already be fought within, which is why the world is such a mess. :innocent:
Yet they totally ignore the prophecies that didn't come true. The millions of prophecies that didn't become true.
There are lots of prophecies that might not be defined; yet who is to say they've not happened for someone somewhere...

There isn't millions, and it depends which author on how clear things are; some have hardly anything that isn't prophetic words. :)
Self evidently, the collection of religious ideas and claims that make up history are without the authority to deliver the peace that many dream of and all pay lip service to but is never realized. There is obviously some thing wrong, probably with human nature itself.
The texts do a job, which could be made far more efficient with the right understanding... They're not meant to bring peace, not sure any even say that other than when spiritually connexted.

Humans do have ego issues, and think here is like the top floor of Hell (Maya) based on everything globally...

Yet that doesn't mean there isn't a solution with people, everything is a continual progression, and think the religions are not teaching peace, they're showing what happens when you don't seek it first. :innocent:

neologist

According to Biblical prophecy, all nations are to come against Jerusalem,
You do understand this is not the literal Jerusalem, right? Revelation 1:1 reminds us that it is "presented in signs"
wizanda said:
. . . and then God steps in to save those who are righteous; why do we need to have a World War, and everyone removed before people will accept who the Messiah is?
Where did you get the idea that the purpose of God's final war was to get folks to accept the messiah?
wizanda said:
Surely this isn't something most people want, as most people are not invited to the Messianic age; . . . ..
Not so, Jesus instructed his disciple to preach the good news to the entire earth (John 24:14)
wizanda said:
I'm not sure about what you mean about fixing things; but I believe you are correct that much of the prophecy has already been fulfilled. Within the last century we surely have seen Revelation 12:9
wizanda said:
Yes but like Nineveh, we must understand the warnings and heed them. For example, what have you done about Revelation 18:4?
wizanda said:
Sooner or later, don't you think it appropriate for God to remove those who refuse his sovereignty?
wizanda said:
Are you suggesting that any individual has such power or authority?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Where did you get the idea that the purpose of God's final war was to get folks to accept the messiah?
The final war isn't to get them to; it is due to them not doing...

Yeshua's teachings of giving up wealth, dropping religious sanctimoniousness, be aware of the false oral traditions, caring for everyone, etc, are the same things many are still saying throughout history.
You do understand this is not the literal Jerusalem, right?
Zechariah 12, Isaiah 29, etc...
preach the good news to the entire earth
"as a testimony against them."
I'm not sure about what you mean about fixing things
Yeshua said blessed are the Peacemakers, who wants WW3, clearly missed the small print...

So same in debating, people are literally fighting over religious differences, that are not that complex to resolve, if people were willing to change their opinions slightly.
For example, what have you done about Revelation 18:4?
Built a website. ;)
Sooner or later, don't you think it appropriate for God to remove those who refuse his sovereignty?
Yet what if that someone is us, and we've got the whole thing totally upside down, like some massive plot twist, and we realize what we've believed is God's sovereignty is really mankind's iniquity?...

Then we can understand why it says, there will be wailing, and gnashing of teeth, as many are put out of the Kingdom.

Within God removing people, it isn't for good, brings them back one thousand years later to explain again, and see if they're ready to listen.

God wants all souls to turn to him, and his hand is always stretched out.
Are you suggesting that any individual has such power or authority?
If enough individuals took responsibility for their beliefs; people are full of inner demons, and don't deal with them, thus the world gets worse.

Imagine if each individual became Christ like, rather than only thinking about their self; we all might get somewhere in creating what God wants, adverting war, and changing the world for good. :innocent:

A Vestigial Mote

Because reality isn't what it seems, everything is being monitored by the CPU; when many of us have lived many lifes, most of the testing has been done.

Therefore why not assess everyone who accepts the Way that is required for us all to live in harmony, and remove the rest.

Therefore we're talking about complete control of the Matrix; a reformatting of reality, and keep those who played nicely on the open alpha.

Next is prophesied only one thousand years peace, and then a return of flaws, i.e closed beta.

Finally there is a version that is infinite reality, without all those who damage the game of life.

This current world is called the Maya, a place of delusion, most people are missing the plot in someway, and most people seem to be contrary to what they say they follow... Thus feel sorry for religious people the most. ;)

As for future generations, there are complex algorithms trying to improve the game players potential; yet some people are ardent against the Framework helping them.

I find myself without the ability to craft a reply that will have any meaning or impact for you. Best of luck with your chosen path. I mean that sincerely.

james bond

The more things change, the more things stay the same. It seemed much simpler during WWI and WWII when it was political, territorial and economic conflicts, countries favoring militarism, a complex web of alliances and agreements, imperialism, nationalism, and a power vacuum that led to these world wars. Today, we can add nuclear warfare, terrorism and countries that sponsor terrorism, chemical warfare, biological weapons, drone weapons, and more. I think we still have rules of engagement, but it's getting harder to police and enforce. Last I checked, this is the score on that -- https://www.quora.com/Which-weapons-are-illegal-to-use-in-warfare .

If we look at the initial causes, we see that it involves long-term unresolved territorial disputes and there is nothing close to that which has been occurring in the Middle East. The second hot spot would be North Korea vs South Korea and China and its neighbors in Asia. Other disputes deal with terrorism and extreme politics. This happens all around the world. No country is immune from it. There is much conflict in African and Latin American nations, too, as there is much division between the wealthy and poor there. The traditional economic gaps that lead to war is more difficult to find today. While the richest are getting richer, the poor have seen their incomes increase, too. Yet, the welfare of a country is still based on the politics and economic policies of each country or group of countries. Thus, our economists warn us that it's dangerous to just assume the income inequality just keeps rising. It is more complex than that, and we have seen a narrowing, but then we have also seen trends where there were an increase in income disparity in several nations. It may be more difficult, but not impossible, to see the trends of today's global economy.

So, how does this relate to what the Bible says? I would think today more people follow what's going on in the world with local, national and global news. We have the internet, too. We still have the prophecies of Nostradamus as well as Dr. Bruce Bueno de Mesquita and his rational choice software and algorithms. While prophecies are interesting to know, it's what's going on in the world that lead us to the choices that our leaders make. We need to monitor these situations and changes in order to be more knowledgeable about the problems in the world today. Maybe we can't prevent a WW III, as prophecised, but we may be able to make decisions that will alleviate it. I don't think the future is set in stone despite the prophecies. There isn't a date in the future that says it will happen this way. What has to happen are a sequence of events and if we are acquainted with what the issues are, and not just be greedy and selfish, then we may be able to defuse the situations that come up in order to contain the global damage.

Last edited:

james bond

I find the most merit it the last paragraph: "If you knew you were personally responsible because of your beliefs, would you change to avoid world wide destruction?" And knowingly or not we are all part of the problem.

This isn't what leads us into WWIII or local battles. It's ludicrous to think that just for believers to give up their belief that war will be prevented. We might as well pick out some minority group that we can blame and get rid of them if this is true. What has to occur for religion, and this includes atheism leading to Communism or Islam leading to extremist terrorism, is a shift in the balance of power between the different factions that control each of the groups. In other words, the extremists of multiple sides would have to take power and lead us into territorial and regional disputes, as well as take a hardline position on the ideological differences. I'm not saying religion as a cause of war can't happen, but it's not so much the religion, but the people who control the religion that leads us into serious disagreements and war.

james bond

I think there is a lack of understanding as to what these prophecies say. It's not the prophecy that causes the conflicts. Instead, we should look to these prophecies and try to alleviate the conflicts that lead up to these prophecies. While we may not be able to avoid WWIII, we may be able to alleviate the causes that lead up to it. A better understanding of the prophecies is a good beginning.