• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there anyone here who interprets dreams?

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Is there anyone here who interprets dreams? I've got two that are probably correlated, and I need to know if there's anything to them at all, much less what they mean. They're kind of personal, so I won't post the dreams here. Let me know, though, and I'll PM you the details.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to do dream interpretations often, but I fell out of the practice quite some time ago. When I did it regularly, though, I'd always tell people the best interpreter for your dreams is yourself. You know your own life and symbolic language better than anyone outside of you will. What a good dream interpreter does (IMHO) is asks you questions to help you better decipher the meanings within your dreams and suggests some potential patterns.

The forum I used to do dream interpretations on is still around, I think. You might try going there too. It was called "Dream Moods" and looks to still be very active. I wonder of my old account there still works? *laughs* Even if it did, I've long forgotten the password. Here is the website, by the way.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Thanks for the website, I'll have to check that out. Normally, I don't worry what my dreams mean, or even if they mean anything at all. But these recent two have bothered me somewhat, so I'm wanting to see if there might be anything to them.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
there is an islamic book which interpret dreams according to the rulings of the scholars, however it is not in english i have it in another language.

but if your dream is something that is bothering you as in it is frightening or evil then muslims believe such dreams are from the devil and just ignore it. it is his way of making you worried for no reason.

there are 3 types of dreams according to islamic teachings:
1. a truthful dream (which is usually a good dream)
2. a false dream (has no bearing on reality and is usually a result of your desires)
3. a dream from the devil (satan) to get you worked up and worried for nothing (which is usually evil and horrific in nature)

hope that helps.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
unfortunately that information is not very helpful, i tried looking up the book to see if it has been translated into english but found nothing about the author nor the book.

i can give you his name if you want to look it up yourself and not tell anyone about your dreams if you want.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
unfortunately that information is not very helpful, i tried looking up the book to see if it has been translated into english but found nothing about the author nor the book.

i can give you his name if you want to look it up yourself and not tell anyone about your dreams if you want.

Sure, I'll see if I can find anything in English on it. Just post it here.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
i will translate them as best as possible.
the books name is 'The Dictionary of the Commentary of Dreams' and the authors name is either Hussayn As Sarraj or Husayn As Sarraj

apophenia

It's not frightening or evil, just somewhat disturbing, in a kind of emotional sense.

First point - the only dream interpretation that matters is your own. You will choose whether someone else's interpretation is accurate - only if you think that yourself anyway.

Second point - could you reasonably expect to have no emotionally disturbing content in your psyche ?

Third point - Sleep researchers have found that you have about 6 or 7 dreams per night, and that the last dream seems to be like a 'punch line' to the preceeding dreams. This was found by using REM detection to establish when dreams began and ended, and waking the dreamer at the end of each dream ( using a buzzer ). The dreamer then spoke whatever they could remember of the dream which had just ended, into a recorder, and went back to sleep. The final dream usually involves some kind of pun or similar device which links the preceeding dreams into a meaningful whole.

So analysis of an isolated dream fragment is probably not going to give you much insight.

Tibetan teachers also point out that the first hour or two of sleep produces 'garbage', often with stressful content.

My advice is let it go .

I am occasionally psychically perceptive though, so if you want to PM me I'll put on my mystic hat just for you... :cool:

Last edited:

The Wizard

Is there anyone here who interprets dreams? I've got two that are probably correlated, and I need to know if there's anything to them at all, much less what they mean. They're kind of personal, so I won't post the dreams here. Let me know, though, and I'll PM you the details.
Dreams should always be self interpreted on an informed level. The act of desiring to interpret one's own dreams leads to better dream interpretations and better messages- more obvious clues- sometimes a sort of unfolding of understanding within time.

Sometimes dreams are an archetypical working out of internal conflicts of emotion, views or stress, etc. Such things can usually not be of dramatic importance. Dreaming is sometimes thinking backwards and spinning out mental or subliminal garbage one has absorbed throughout the day- even from television.

But aside from that, someone can pick up clues from the subconcious. It attempting to relay information or warnings through dream content and events. A person unknowingly has throat cancer or lung cancer and they frequently dream of choking on various objects 3 times a week. One falls off a bed, but in dream they fall off building at same time. One is up to their neck in warm running water in a dream, but in reality they wet the bed, etc. It's symbolic and everyone has their own style of dream symbology. If one desires to remember or more often lucid dream there are easy mental concentration/meditation techniques that can be acquired for just that purpose...

That's about all I can think of at the moment...