• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any punishment in Islam for breaking a wife's arm?

I think your problem is you assume i am a christian :p I make audiobooks of Sunni Hadiths because i think problem is people often relies more on politicians or media outlet than actually get to the bottom of how people practice or legislate their religious practice. And if one cant understand that then criticising or misconstruction of understanding is harder basically.

Ah yes. Beating up children was normal in the past. Its childabuse now, so yeah. See i aint getting angry for that :) Whats the problem with criticising that? Nothing :)

You waste your time making audiobooks of total trash like the Hadiths, why don't you spend your time doing something that actually helps people instead of spreading and proliferating rubbish which you make them then feel pressured into following or believing or justifying? What you're doing is rotten. Not only wasting your time on trash books, but trying to make people believe in what they say so that they might think they can break their wive's arms? Are you sick?

Richerd92

You waste your time making audiobooks of total trash like the Hadiths, why don't you spend your time doing something that actually helps people instead of spreading and proliferating rubbish which you make them then feel pressured into following or believing or justifying? What you're doing is rotten. Not only wasting your time on trash books, but trying to make people believe in what they say so that they might think they can break their wive's arms? Are you sick?
Its not wasting time though. You could argue reading the bible is waste of time. Which some atheists do argue that it is. But it gets into the mind of religious fundamentalists to why they do what they do. Much of islamic world relies on hadiths as legislative way of everyday life

Or to be more specific. Sunni Muslims which wikipedia says is about 85% of i think

I am surprise people are discussing this rather than recent terrorist attacks that has happened in France and other places.
I haven't seen the news, I have no idea about what happened mainly, except what shows up on this forum. I'm guessing its that some wackjob killed some nerd, and history repeats itself ad nauseum, I've lost all the sensation and "taste" in my mouth about these things, they are as meaningless seeming to one as apathetic as me as news about a person eating potatoes and having some bad gas, it just seems "regular" at this point that a psychotic psychopathic freak is going to kill someone for some reason. Big whoop. Richerd is definitely more interesting, he's a snake I can actually talk to directly and deal with through the forum. I'd care more maybe if I could engage with the killer guy or the ghost of his victim or something online.

Hey Richerd, can you pretend to be the ghost of the victim of the guy or does your new religion not allow that? Why is it lacking a law about that?

Its not wasting time though. You could argue reading the bible is waste of time. Which some atheists do argue that it is. But it gets into the mind of religious fundamentalists to why they do what they do. Much of islamic world relies on hadiths as legislative way of everyday life

Or to be more specific. Sunni Muslims which wikipedia says is about 85% of i think

They don't know the Hadiths or the "whole Hadiths" so your "letting them know" and finding dangerous or stupid things for them to follow, is influencing them in a BAD direction. You're potentially making imbeciles even more "informed" and dangerous about their inane documents, when what you should be doing is showing them stuff that MODERATES AND CONTAINS their violence and stupidity. What kind of genius are you?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well Stoning for Adultery is Jewish Laws, not Christian. That stuff was switched over to new covenant that christians live under. Which basically replaces law of moses with law in christ, so the whole stoning people for crimes is more a Jewish thing

Bible Gateway passage: Jeremiah 31:31-34 - New International Version
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband toa]">[a] them,b]">[b]”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

Here is new testament mention by Paul
Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 3:11-14 - New International Version
11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.”a]">[a] 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.”b]">[b] 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”c]">[c] 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
So what about when Jesus said nothing of the Law has changed, and teaching anything promoting it is not right, for nothing will change until all has been fulfilled, and indeed he mentioned things not yet fulfilled.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Turkey is the closest to secular nation though. I do like Indonesia though, people there are kind. But much of middle eastern countries still rely on religion as head of government.I think only Arab nation that is on its way to become democracy is Tunisia

Also Saudi Arabia i just compare to the Vatican, i mean if they want those holy sites to have religious verdicts then i can see that. Just considering the historic context to how much they value it, same way as Israel etc. I think religious freedom matters somewhat on that level.

Iran i feel is more political than religious, since the fall of Shah and they do kind of blame western countries for that, which is slightly not wrong interms of Churchill with the whole M16 agents and CIA agents removing democracy for a western friendly Shah. So yeah.. i cant blame them too much on that, even if theocracy isnt something i would rely on. But i think Iran is doing it more for political reasons and not so much because they want too.
OK but get a grip please. No muslim nation is a theocracy, except Iran. None.

No muslim nation, except possibly Saudi Arabia, applies only a sharia code of law. Generally, if it applies at all, it is restricted to family law matters, like divorce, the rest being handled by a code of civil law of some kind, however badly it is applied.

So what is the point of all this about broken arms? What are you trying to show, or to find out?

The Bible is trash, right? So your making lengthy audio books about the Bible, so that people might follow the Bible, would be a waste of time for someone who thinks its trash. Even WORSE would be to try to convince people that they should "if they really want to be Jewish/Christian/Muslim" follow these books.

If anything, you should be working to show how these things are false, should not be followed, are evil, harmful, wrong, not simply quietly informing people that the books they believe in are telling them to do bad things so that they should do bad things!

OK but get a grip please. No muslim nation is a theocracy, except Iran. None.

No muslim nation, except possibly Saudi Arabia, applies only a sharia code of law. Generally, if it applies at all, it is restricted to family law matters, like divorce, the rest being handled by a code of civil law of some kind, however badly it is applied.

So what is the point of all this about broken arms? What are you trying to show, or to find out?

I await their answer, but in the meantime, they have said that they don't believe in these books but that "other people do" and so they spend their days (seemingly aimlessly) trying to convince people of what these books say and mean, even though they themselves follow only what they call "Common Sense" which is just whatever they have been brought up to think is right or wrong, or what they now feel is right or wrong (just like every other human in history pretty much).

They were born in 1992 I'm guessing?

They do not care about hearing any answer to their question, they do not care about these books they don't believe in at all, at best they just wanted to say "hey look at all this evil stuff, you guys are bad, Muslims are the worst" and that was about it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
While that may be true, those nations are the bulk of those nations remaining who still allow for capital punishment. The other ones, such as America and China, aren't exactly what I would call shining examples unto the world.

Richerd92

Richerd doesn't really care about any of these scriptures, just uses them when they please, because they believe in "common sense" which they think they have a handle on, yet, they go around trying to teach Muslims to do harm and evil acts "because their books say so", so I think Richerd isn't very smart at all, is in fact, a self-destructive dufus sort of person (they tend to think they are smarter than they are), because only a FOOL goes around telling maniacs "here, this is where all your books confirm that you should go ahead and actually do this and this and this bad thing".
I do. But its still not canon to Christianity. Besides, why stone people, thats barbaric :p

Some Christians can just interpret "til its fulfilled" quote, and problem solved

Richerd92

While that may be true, those nations are the bulk of those nations remaining who still allow for capital punishment. The other ones, such as America and China, aren't exactly what I would call shining examples unto the world.
China i am unsure of honestly. There is people saying it has human rights issues, and free press i dont think it has. I would honestly pick Taiwan over China, if it was me.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Capital punishment is another subject, though.

Richerd92

The Bible is trash, right? So your making lengthy audio books about the Bible, so that people might follow the Bible, would be a waste of time for someone who thinks its trash. Even WORSE would be to try to convince people that they should "if they really want to be Jewish/Christian/Muslim" follow these books.

If anything, you should be working to show how these things are false, should not be followed, are evil, harmful, wrong, not simply quietly informing people that the books they believe in are telling them to do bad things so that they should do bad things!
I dont have to make audiobooks of the bible because people already did. There is lots of messed up stuff in the bible, but reason people learn of that is to understand fundamentalists.
Nobody in the west "mostly has a clue of islam, they just follow politicians or media outlet." which is why i feel its my job to inform them since nobody else is doing it. I am on 3rd collection of Sunan an Nasai of Sunni Hadiths. After 3rd one i have only 3 left (canonically). So i am on a roll

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
China i am unsure of honestly. There is people saying it has human rights issues, and free press i dont think it has. I would honestly pick Taiwan over China, if it was me.
China has media blackouts, a censored internet, no free press, and, yes, guilty of many human rights violations. Basically, America and China became the animals running Manor Farm (or, rather, Russia dropped out and China joined the table).

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'll keep it short and sweet:

Islam as is, has failed humanity because it's in severe corrupt form.
Islam as it was meant to be, is unknown in this age, and has no official form in public.

Richerd92

But those things are obvious perversions of religion, which nobody would even attempt to defend.
Some news talk that much muslims in France are integrated. But my main blame is religious governments though. I mean while i dont like authoritarian or totalitarian countries either, Europe wasnt that much better with Catholic rule in past, before protestantism, intellectuals and getting religion out of state improved tolerance of religious freedom and human rights. People are as good as society makes them while sometimes they are just nuts.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes there are verses saying you should treat them nicely. But is there actually any legit punishment if you dont?

" Ar-Rubayy' bint Mu'awwidh bin 'Afra' narrated that Thabit bin Qais bin Shammas hit his wife and broke her arm --her name was Jamilah bint 'Abdullah bin Ubayy. Her brother came to the Messenger of Allah to complain about him, and the Messenger of Allah sent for Thabit and said: "Take what she owes you and let her go." He said: "Yes." And the Messenger of Allah ordered her to wait for one menstrual cycle and then go to her family."

Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)

Sunan an-Nasa'i 3497
Hadith - The Book of Divorce - Sunan an-Nasa'i - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

Just i dont get indications, unless i missed something?

Brother. Is there a specific punishment in any book of law specific to someone breaking someone else's arm or maybe pinching them or something?

There will be general laws that apply.

I dont have to make audiobooks of the bible because people already did. There is lots of messed up stuff in the bible, but reason people learn of that is to understand fundamentalists.
Nobody in the west "mostly has a clue of islam, they just follow politicians or media outlet." which is why i feel its my job to inform them since nobody else is doing it. I am on 3rd collection of Sunan an Nasai of Sunni Hadiths. After 3rd one i have only 3 left (canonically). So i am on a roll

Well, congratulations on that really, even if your intentions might be bad and all you're informing people about is a rotten text that I think should be thrown in a fire.

Brother. Is there a specific punishment in any book of law specific to someone breaking someone else's arm or maybe pinching them or something?

There will be general laws that apply.

Yeah, but if the KooRayn is sooo "complete" why doesn't it predict that Richerd would make this post or be tricked by Allah into making Audiobooks of the Hadiths that will only serve Muslims lol, his hatred has driven him to become the Muslim's slave (tends to happen).

If the KooooooRaaaaaaayn is Soooo coooomplaaaaayt, why doesn't it talk about how make bicycles? Pretty sure Allah knew about Bicycles, but failed to tell us how to construct Bicycles? Sounds more like the Devil to me!

The Founder of the New Cult of Common Sense, Richerd, can't even figure out the answer to their own question!

Hey Richerd, why don't you try answering your question yourself? Why do you think that nowhere is it mentioned specifically about breaking the wife's arm?

The Bible at least covered what to do when you send your concubine out to get gang raped. You come out of hiding in the morning and kick her a bit to see that she is dead, then chop her body up into bits and mail it to all your colleagues. Duh! Why didn't your common sense come up with that one? Maybe because we need GOD to tell us what to do in case we snap our wife's arm on purpose, and when GOD hasn't specifically mentioned it, we are literally lost on the matter, our eyes go crossed, we start drooling from everywhere, malfunction, malfunction, malfunction, where is Richerd! He would know what to do! Oh no, he is busy making audio books of the freaking Hadiths!