• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I've never understood why theists like you quote the bible to atheists like me after I've clearly stated that I think the bible is nothing more than mythology. Its like you saying that you don't believe in scientology to a scientologist and then they start quoting dianetics to you. They would have to demonstrate that dianetics was a reliable source of information to you first right? Otherwise, what's the point?

I find you do Not have to be an atheist to think the Bible is nothing more than mythology.
Seems that the clergy of Christendom think that same way because they teach their own church traditions or their church customs as being Scripture when Not Scripture.
I find that the 1st-century teachings of Jesus are a reliable source of information to share as he shared otherwise what would be the point. I find just as Jesus said it would be the Bible's message is proclaimed world wide today.
No bans, No one can stop what Jesus said would happen and will happen.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Therefore to say a scare tactic, There's no scare tactic to it, just simple fact, That the Unknown does stand there, Which every human being will come face to face. And there's no escape..

I find God sent heavenly Jesus from the ' known ' so while on Earth Jesus knew the ' known '.
To me Jesus teaches the ' known '.
The 'known' is that the dead know nothing as per Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Know nothing but sleep as per Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; John 11:11-14.
So, then it is the ' known' that stands there. The ' known ' is before us.
As Psalms 92:7 says the wicked will be destroyed forever ( annihilated ).

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Ah, the old Christian tactic of trying to scare people into believing your religion. If you're fine with people latching onto your religion out of fear, what's that say about your religion and it adherents in general? Makes your religion seem shady to me.

False clergy (Not genuine Christians) have used scare tactics (such as hell fire) to try to control the flock of God.
Jesus did Not teach to latch on out of fear but out of love.
The King James Bible translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever Not burning forever.
Since Earth is here for righteous mankind to inhabit then only willing upright people should be here.
Kind of like if you had a beautiful house and it became infected with rodents, usually one would Not burn down one's beautiful house but just get rid of the rodents. Getting rid of the rodents is Not a scare tactic but a protection for righteous-leaning people.

Faithofchristian

I find God sent heavenly Jesus from the ' known ' so while on Earth Jesus knew the ' known '.
To me Jesus teaches the ' known '.
The 'known' is that the dead know nothing as per Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Know nothing but sleep as per Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; John 11:11-14.
So, then it is the ' known' that stands there. The ' known ' is before us.
As Psalms 92:7 says the wicked will be destroyed forever ( annihilated ).

Have you any idea who the dead are that know nothing, only that they shall die.

What does it mean in Psalm 115:17
"The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down in silence"

Who's the dead, that praise not the Lord.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Have you any idea who the dead are that know nothing, only that they shall die.
What does it mean in Psalm 115:17
"The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down in silence"
Who's the dead, that praise not the Lord.

Since the bad angels are in tartarus (Jude 1:6; 2 Peter 2:4) then the 'dead' of Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4 are really dead people.
Just as the dead friend of John 11:11-14 was asleep in death.
Or, as wise King Solomon wrote that the dead know nothing at Ecclesiastes 9:5 (Nothing but unconscious sleep)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Therefore to say a scare tactic, There's no scare tactic to it, just simple fact, That the Unknown does stand there, Which every human being will come face to face. And there's no escape.
You can go about all you want trying to deny the fact, But the Unknown stands there in silence, just waiting for the day, to show it's self. And it will happen and that's Fact. There's no escape.

There is the known of Ecclesiastes 9:5,10, also there is the known about Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
There the 'written known' that there is a soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth for the living on Earth.
Since Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 is proclaimed on an international scale, then Matthew 25:31 does Not stand in silence.
The figurative humble meek 'sheep' stand counted as being righteous people who can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.

Faithofchristian

There is the known of Ecclesiastes 9:5,10, also there is the known about Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
There the 'written known' that there is a soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth for the living on Earth.
Since Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 is proclaimed on an international scale, then Matthew 25:31 does Not stand in silence.
The figurative humble meek 'sheep' stand counted as being righteous people who can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.

So your saying that the righteous people who can remain alive on earth, and continue to live on earth.

But what happens to all the people on earth, at the coming of Jesus.?

I don't know what religion your talking about, since I don't belong to no religion, nor any religious organization or church. So that cancels that all out.

?! Since when did Christianity stop being a religion?

Therefore to say a scare tactic, There's no scare tactic to it, just simple fact, That the Unknown does stand there, Which every human being will come face to face. And there's no escape.

You mean death right? Yes, everyone dies, that isn't an unknown. There is no evidence to support any kind of afterlife. Therefore, claims about the afterlife are based solely on wishful thinking. I can't see how anyone can develop a belief in an afterlife based solely on reason and evidence.

You can go about all you want trying to deny the fact, But the Unknown stands there in silence, just waiting for the day, to show it's self. And it will happen and that's Fact. There's no escape.

I didn't deny anything, so you can put that strawman away.

Faithofchristian

?! Since when did Christianity stop being a religion?

You mean death right? Yes, everyone dies, that isn't an unknown. There is no evidence to support any kind of afterlife. Therefore, claims about the afterlife are based solely on wishful thinking. I can't see how anyone can develop a belief in an afterlife based solely on reason and evidence.

I didn't deny anything, so you can put that strawman away.

Seeing you have no idea, that a person can be a Christian, without belonging to any Religious organization or a man made church.

What proof do you have that there's nothing after a person dies.
You have nothing, as much as I have nothing to prove either.

So the Unknown stands there as the Unknown. Unless you have something to prove that there is nothing, How do you know this for sure.

You could say, how do you know that there is life after death. I never said there was.

But I believe there is, but then that's me.

But for someone else to say there is not life after death, to them the Unknown stands there waiting for them to die, to be proven if there is life after death or there isn't life after death.

That's why it's called the Unknown, seeing that no one has died for a week, a Month, a year, to come back to give evidence after death.

So the Unknown stands there in silence, Waiting for the day, your laying dieing and then the Unknown comes standing staring you in the face, ready to take you the minute you close your eyes, over into the Unknown.

False clergy (Not genuine Christians) have used scare tactics (such as hell fire) to try to control the flock of God.
Jesus did Not teach to latch on out of fear but out of love.
The King James Bible translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever Not burning forever.
Since Earth is here for righteous mankind to inhabit then only willing upright people should be here.
Kind of like if you had a beautiful house and it became infected with rodents, usually one would Not burn down one's beautiful house but just get rid of the rodents. Getting rid of the rodents is Not a scare tactic but a protection for righteous-leaning people.

Jesus clearly said he came to turn people against one another, that even if your spouse or child didn't share your believe in him that you should shun them. Doesn't sound very loving to me. Jesus spoke of the rich man who went to hell for not being a generous person in life and wishing he had been a better person while suffering in flames. Sounds like a torture dungeon to me. I've read the bible, not an expert on it, but I don't do mental gymnastics to twist it to mean things it doesn't. Not that it really matters, it's just ancient mythology anyways. I don't see anything that makes the bible characters anymore likely to exist than characters from other religions.

Seeing you have no idea, that a person can be a Christian, without belonging to any Religious organization or a man made church.

the definition of religion

Religion

noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:

What proof do you have that there's nothing after a person dies.
You have nothing, as much as I have nothing to prove either.

So the Unknown stands there as the Unknown. Unless you have something to prove that there is nothing, How do you know this for sure.

You could say, how do you know that there is life after death. I never said there was.

But I believe there is, but then that's me.

But for someone else to say there is not life after death, to them the Unknown stands there waiting for them to die, to be proven if there is life after death or there isn't life after death.

That's why it's called the Unknown, seeing that no one has died for a week, a Month, a year, to come back to give evidence after death.

So the Unknown stands there in silence, Waiting for the day, your laying dieing and then the Unknown comes standing staring you in the face, ready to take you the minute you close your eyes, over into the Unknown.

There is no evidence that an afterlife exists, period. So what are you basing your belief in an afterlife on exactly?

Faithofchristian

Jesus clearly said he came to turn people against one another, that even if your spouse or child didn't share your believe in him that you should shun them. Doesn't sound very loving to me. Jesus spoke of the rich man who went to hell for not being a generous person in life and wishing he had been a better person while suffering in flames. Sounds like a torture dungeon to me. I've read the bible, not an expert on it, but I don't do mental gymnastics to twist it to mean things it doesn't. Not that it really matters, it's just ancient mythology anyways. I don't see anything that makes the bible characters anymore likely to exist than characters from other religions.

You can't be Serious.

Jesus never said he came to turn people against each other
As to where do you get this at. Who told you that.
Jesus never said if your spouse or child didn't share your belief in him to shun them, Where do get that at, Who told you this.

Faithofchristian

the definition of religion

Religion

noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:

There is no evidence that an afterlife exists, period. So what are you basing your belief in an afterlife on exactly?

I didn't say there was.
I said, I may believe there is, and that's me.

Another person may believe theres not an after life, after death.

So the Unknown stands there in silence waiting for them.

Just because I'm Christian, does not mean that I follow what other Christians are taught.
Unto Unto which I do not follow.

You seem to think, just because a person is a Christian, that automatically puts them in the same category as other Christians.

Let's see, if two kids are born by the same mother, that automatically means they are the same.that neither of them have their own mind, but thinks and actions are the same.no difference between them.

There are twins born, but both of them have their own mind.

Just because I am a Christian, does not mean I will be like all other Christians.
Nor are all Christians a like.

I didn't say there was.
I said, I may believe there is, and that's me.

Another person may believe theres not an after life, after death.

And I asked you why you believe that there is an afterlife?

So the Unknown stands there in silence waiting for them.

Yes, death comes for us all, we've been over this already.

Just because I'm Christian, does not mean that I follow what other Christians are taught.
Unto Unto which I do not follow.

You seem to think, just because a person is a Christian, that automatically puts them in the same category as other Christians.

Let's see, if two kids are born by the same mother, that automatically means they are the same.that neither of them have their own mind, but thinks and actions are the same.no difference between them.

There are twins born, but both of them have their own mind.

Just because I am a Christian, does not mean I will be like all other Christians.
Nor are all Christians a like.

Lol, are you seriously getting mad at being called a Christian? Do you refuse to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior? Do you think praying is for chumps? Do you think the bible is full of lies?

Faithofchristian

And I asked you why you believe that there is an afterlife?

Yes, death comes for us all, we've been over this already.

Lol, are you seriously getting mad at being called a Christian? Do you refuse to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior? Do you think praying is for chumps? Do you think the bible is full of lies?

Now why would I get mad at being a Christian, seeing I come out professing to be a Christian.
Your absolutely not making any sense at all.

Now why would I get mad at being a Christian, seeing I come out professing to be a Christian.
Your absolutely not making any sense at all.

Simply responding to YOUR posts, in which you seemed insulted that I accused you of belonging to the Christian religion.

Now, please respond to my question, why do you believe there is an afterlife?

Faithofchristian

Simply responding to YOUR posts, in which you seemed insulted that I accused you of belonging to the Christian religion.

Now, please respond to my question, why do you believe there is an afterlife?

Why do you think that I have to explain myself to you, unto which I don't.
What makes you think that a person has to explain themselves to you or anyone.

When it's evidence your looking for nothing more than to criticize. Which you already showed yourself.

Why do you think that I have to explain myself to you, unto which I don't.
What makes you think that a person has to explain themselves to you or anyone.

This thread is about the existence of an afterlife, in the DEBATE forums. You stated your position: you believe there is an afterlife. I stated my position: I don't believe in an afterlife. I gave a reason why I don't, because I don't see any evidence to support it. Now it's your turn to support your position. That's how this debate thing works.

When it's evidence your looking for nothing more than to criticize. Which you already showed yourself.

You have to provide some evidence or a compelling argument before I can determine if its convincing or not. I guess you'd rather just give up.

Chris Lovel

searcher
Just wanted to say thank you for the feedback yesterday on my video about religion.

My question for you guys is, do you believe there is life after death? If yes, tell me why. And if no, tell me why as well but explain to me on how you deal with knowing there is just this life and no other.
Good question, I don't believe there is an after-life I KNOW there is. How?, In 1974 I had a Near Death Experience which introduced me to the wonders of life and the universe. There is now a plethora of evidence for the afterlife ranging from NDEs, Spirit contact, former life memories and even what it is like after soul release (physical death) I now know death is an illusion. For more info you can visit these web sites IANDS.org, NDERF.org from there you will be guided to other reliable sites. I hope that helps, Chris