• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Just wanted to say thank you for the feedback yesterday on my video about religion.

My question for you guys is, do you believe there is life after death? If yes, tell me why. And if no, tell me why as well but explain to me on how you deal with knowing there is just this life and no other.

energy and information can't be created, or destroyed, they are simply transformed, or transferred.

there is no afterlife, there is after terrestrial experience, but life is changing of form, and informing.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is no harm in believing in afterlife. It rather makes one a responsible human being.

To me, any such lie is a harm because it is meant to deceive.
In Scripture, there is No ' afterlife ' teaching, but resurrection - Acts of the Apostles 24:15.
So, ' afterlife ' is a religious lie that a person is more alive after death than before death.
Jesus taught that Scripture is religious truth at John 17:17
To, believe a religious myth (a teaching outside of the Bible ) is teaching what is Not religiously true.
At Christendom's funerals the dead, whether being considered a responsible human or not, is placed in Heaven.
So, I can't see that an ' afterlife ' teaching makes one a responsible human being.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
To me, any such lie is a harm because it is meant to deceive.
In Scripture, there is No ' afterlife ' teaching, but resurrection - Acts of the Apostles 24:15.
So, ' afterlife ' is a religious lie that a person is more alive after death than before death.
Jesus taught that Scripture is religious truth at John 17:17
To, believe a religious myth (a teaching outside of the Bible ) is teaching what is Not religiously true.
At Christendom's funerals the dead, whether being considered a responsible human or not, is placed in Heaven.
So, I can't see that an ' afterlife ' teaching makes one a responsible human being.
I believe It is not a lie but a truth. Quran mentions it and it is an important article of faith of Islam :
Articles of Faith
Islam Ahmadiyya - Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Al Islam Online - Official Website

Regards

Faithofchristian

Mortal Adam had No spirit of any kind before God ' breathed the breath of life ' into life-less Adam - Gen 2:7.
So, at death all of Adam ' returned ' to where Adam started - the dust as per Genesis 3:19.
No part of Adam was ever in Heaven. Rather, 'returning' to the ' dust ' of the ground is Not Heaven.
A person can't ' return ' to a place he never was before. No returning to Heaven for any part of Adam.
Adam was never a spirit angel. Adam was from the Earth and was earthly.
Adam was never offered Heaven, but 'everlasting life' right here on a beautiful paradisical Earth.
Thus, Adam's spirit was an impersonal force of life. Hebrew ' ru'ach ' is impersonal like the wind.
Also, just as functioning electricity's current is never part of the machinery it operates but it is active.
So, Adam's impersonal life-spirit died along with Adam, just as an unplugged fan dies down.
That un-plugged fan needed an energizing force to function, so did Adam.
Adam's spirit of life enabled Adam to function, once that was gone, then Adam was gone.
So, at death breathing stops, and any future chance of breathing again rests with God.
That ' breathing ' again is connected to: resurrection.
God will bring back one's life's spirit when one is resurrected back from the dead.
- Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' in connection to: resurrection.

The spirit of Adam and all human beings were with God in heaven.
Before we all came to be here on earth of flesh and blood.

Then God made the body of flesh and blood and put us, the spirits in those body's of flesh and blood,
those spirit beings which are now called human beings of flesh and blood.

This is why it's written in the book of Jeremiah 1:5--"Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb"

Seeing that God knew us before he formed us in the belly of our mothers and before we came out of our mothers womb, God knew us.

So that means all humans beings were with God in heaven, before we came to be here on earth.

In the book of Ecclesiastes 12:7--"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto God, who gave it"

Therefore upon a person dieing, the spirit returns back to God, who gave it.
This means that all humans beings were with God before we came to be on earth and at death we all return back to God.

Now the question is, For what reason are we here in this body of flesh and blood.

So what happened back when we were spirit beings, that now God has us here on earth of flesh and blood bodies.

Something happened, but what was it, that throughout the bible tells why we are here and for what reason?

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe It is not a lie but a truth. Quran mentions it and it is an important article of faith of Islam :
Articles of Faith
Islam Ahmadiyya - Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Al Islam Online - Official Website

The truthful religion lays a great emphasis on the afterlife where the accomplishments of the believers will be appreciated by their Lord. I believe it is very appropriate.

Regards

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Articles of Faith
I must admit that I was Not aware what Islam taught about ' afterlife ' ( more alive after death then before death ).
In Scripture, I find ' The Last Day ' is 'Jesus' Millennium-Long Day' of governing over Earth for a thousand years.
Right now, we are in the ' The Last Days ' of badness according to 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
That means we are nearing a soon coming ' time of separating ' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40
In this 'time of separation' people on Earth counted as those figurative humble ' sheep'-like people are alive on Earth, and they can continue to remain alive on Earth living right through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14, and remain alive into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth.
After that, then there will be the resurrection, so No afterlife teaching is taught in Scripture but 'resurrection' is.
To me 'resurrection' means what Jesus taught is that Scripture is religious truth as per John 17:17.
This is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be' a resurrection.....'

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The truthful religion lays a great emphasis on the afterlife where the accomplishments of the believers will be appreciated by their Lord. I believe it is very appropriate.
Regards

Since Jesus taught resurrection instead of afterlife, then I believe afterlife (more alive after death) is Not scriptural.
Jesus and the old Hebrew Scriptures both teach the dead are in unconscious sleep at death:
- John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
There will be some who have a first or earlier resurrection as per Revelation 20:6.
Whereas the majority of mankind will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
This is why the Bible says at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.
A person 'alive at death' does Not need a resurrection to anywhere because the living do Not need a resurrection.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Since Jesus taught resurrection instead of afterlife, then I believe afterlife (more alive after death) is Not scriptural.
Jesus and the old Hebrew Scriptures both teach the dead are in unconscious sleep at death:
- John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
There will be some who have a first or earlier resurrection as per Revelation 20:6.
Whereas the majority of mankind will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
This is why the Bible says at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.
A person 'alive at death' does Not need a resurrection to anywhere because the living do Not need a resurrection.
Please quote from Jesus.
Regards

Truly Enlightened

Just wanted to say thank you for the feedback yesterday on my video about religion.

My question for you guys is, do you believe there is life after death? If yes, tell me why. And if no, tell me why as well but explain to me on how you deal with knowing there is just this life and no other.

I do not believe in an afterlife because of,

the fact that we need to die first, should send up a very large red flag.
the fact that we are the only creatures on the planet that can conceive of our own mortality.
the fact that self-awareness of our mortality is not essential for survival.
the fact that there is no recorded evidence that supports a resurrection.
the fact that an afterlife could only exist outside of the four fundamental forces of nature.
the fact that we have all experience death, before we were born. Which would be the only rational parallel.
the fact that an afterlife could only exist outside of time, which would be impossible within our universe.
the fact that an afterlife simply tries to placate our fear of death.

How would you feel about an afterlife if you were not the only creatures cursed with this level of self-awareness?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I must admit that I was Not aware what Islam taught about ' afterlife ' ( more alive after death then before death ).
In Scripture, I find ' The Last Day ' is 'Jesus' Millennium-Long Day' of governing over Earth for a thousand years.
Right now, we are in the ' The Last Days ' of badness according to 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
That means we are nearing a soon coming ' time of separating ' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40
In this 'time of separation' people on Earth counted as those figurative humble ' sheep'-like people are alive on Earth, and they can continue to remain alive on Earth living right through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14, and remain alive into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth.
After that, then there will be the resurrection, so No afterlife teaching is taught in Scripture but 'resurrection' is.
To me 'resurrection' means what Jesus taught is that Scripture is religious truth as per John 17:17.
This is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be' a resurrection.....'
"I must admit that I was Not aware what Islam taught about ' afterlife ' ( more alive after death then before death )."

To know more about the concept of afterlife in Quran/Islam one may access the following link.
Belief in the Day of Judgment | Islam Ahmadiyya

Regards

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Please quote from Jesus.
Regards
I suppose I was thinking the passage at John 5:28-29 was one that is familiar to people with what Jesus taught.
There Jesus says, ' ...... for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves will hear his voice,
and shall come forth......unto the resurrection.......'
To, me ' shall come forth ' and ' the hour is coming ' both show: future tense.
Future tense as also found at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.......'
Jesus does Not have keys to any ' afterlife ', but for the 'resurrection' as per Revelation 1:18.

I find too at John 11:24 that Jesus' friend Martha also believed in a future resurrection by Martha saying that she would see her dead brother again in the resurrection at the last day. ( Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth). - John 6:40; John 6:44

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Regards

In Scripture, I find the ' truthful religion ' lays a great emphasis on ' Resurrection '. - John 5:28-29; Revelation 1:18.
Whereas, the afterlife teaching makes a person more alive at death than before death.
No need for a resurrection if the dead are Not dead but still living, still alive.
Jesus believed that Scripture is ' religious truth ' as per John 17:17.

ACEofALLaces

Premium Member

The SIMPLE answer is NO......the SIMPLE explanation is NO EVIDENCE.