1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Is there an afterlife?

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Leonides, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Chris Lovel

Chris Lovel searcher

Ratings:
    +29
    Religion:
    spiritualist
    It is interesting you state you don't believe in the afterlife because you see no evidence. To that I have to ask where have you looked? because if you do not look you most assuredly will not find. Allow me to assist you in that regard. www.IANDS.org and www.NDERF.org are two reliable sources. From there you can go to other university and medical sites. Chris

2. Chris Lovel

Chris Lovel searcher

Ratings:
    +29
    Religion:
    spiritualist
    You don't have any proof,? allow me to assist you, if you visit www.IANDS.org and www.NDERF.org you will find plenty of clear indications. From there you will find other related sites operated by Universities and medical sites. Good luck, Chris

3. Guy Threepwood

Guy Threepwood Mighty Pirate

Ratings:
    +1,709
    Religion:
    Non atheist
    I'd say it's only logical that there is, belief in oblivion depends on also believing:

that God is either unable or has no particular desire to preserve the culmination of his creation; consciousness

or that everything including consciousnesses fluked itself into existence for no particular reason.. which I wouldn't bet the farm on either!

4. Chris Lovel

Chris Lovel searcher

Ratings:
    +29
    Religion:
    spiritualist
    You are so correct, there is a lot of evidence at www.IANDS.org and www.NDERF.org, these sites have related sites for universities and hospitals

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Katzpur

Katzpur Not your average Mormon

Ratings:
    +5,959
    Religion:
    LDS Christian
    No, Chris, I don't, and neither do you. We have evidence but the two are not the same. I'm sure I believe in an afterlife as strongly as anybody on this forum does, but the bottom line is that we mortals must walk in faith. That's the way God designed it.

6. Chris Lovel

Chris Lovel searcher

Ratings:
    +29
    Religion:
    spiritualist
    An interesting hypothesis. No afterlife only scattered spirits. What are scattered spirits? It seems you are suggesting these spirits are in the ground, some cremated etc. Then you talk about vapor, what is vapor and what does it consisted of? Life will go on and on without cognizance, so you are suggesting there is life without any awareness or consciousness. Sorry but I find your post very confusing. Let me suggest a little cerebral exercise, google "conscious energy" then go from there. I recommend www.IANDS.org and www.NDERF.org

7. 9-10ths_Penguin

9-10ths_Penguin 1/10 Subway Stalinist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16,908
    Religion:
    None (atheist)
    Do you run these sites or something? You sure seem to be plugging them awfully hard.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. 'mud

'mud ~~ Life is Stuff ~~
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,128
    Religion:
    ~~ LIFE ~~
    hey Chris,
    When cremated, all `vapors` will exit the body
    When one's blood from one's body is disposed of, where does it go... into `vapors`.
    In the coffin, if needed, a box will do, the body will eventually rot into `vapors`.
    Like the `book` says....dust to dust....`vapors` into the Cosmos
    And the Earth gets the bones and memories of yesterday.
    The `spirits` will go on forever, `God` or not.

9. 'mud

'mud ~~ Life is Stuff ~~
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,128
    Religion:
    ~~ LIFE ~~
    When I see Oz on the cover.......I close immediately !
    And the other one is kinda eerrry, so to speak.
    When I die, in a couple of days or years, vaporize me and scatter me.
    I always wish, someone will remember me.

10. Chris Lovel

Chris Lovel searcher

Ratings:
    +29
    Religion:
    spiritualist
    I find your post arrogant and self serving. You have the audacity to tell me what I believe? who do you think you are. I have had transcendental experiences beyond description, have you? You have no idea what goes on in this universe and why? I don't think you have even looked, if you do not look you will most assuredly not find. I highly recommend you read Dr. Ethan Alexandra's book "Proof of Heaven" but it might be a bit beyond you. I will not respond to any more of your comments

11. JustWondering

Ratings:
    +793
    Religion:
    No thanks.
    I perused the iands site, there is a statement on the site itself that states clearly there is no statistical evidence to back up the concept of an afterlife. There was a study, called AWARE I looked into awhile back, they couldn't produce evidence to support NDE's as actual "real world" experiences either. I don't want to jump to conclusions on things that lack credible, verifiable evidence. I know that it drives believers crazy when I don't find their evidence as convincing as they do but I guess I just have a higher bar for what I consider credible evidence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. 'mud

'mud ~~ Life is Stuff ~~
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,128
    Religion:
    ~~ LIFE ~~
    Hey peoples, your cognizance doesn't go with you !!
    Just some people having memories.
    NuffStuff

13. Fool

Fool ALL in all
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,185
    Religion:
    Light Impressed with Love

1st law of thermodynamics says energy cannot be created/destroyed but can be transformed.

no-hiding theorem of quantum mechanics says the same about information.

so there is no life after death, there is only life in some temporal, illusory form.

#193 Fool, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,107
    I find there are two (2) things happening at the coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
    People are judged by Jesus as being either (1) humble or (2) haughty as in being ungodly people.
    Those haughty goat-like people will be ' cut off ' classed as the wicked who will be 'destroyed forever' - Psalms 92:7.
    As 2 Thessalonians 1:9 mentions punished with 'everlasting destruction'...... ( aka destroyed forever ).

Also, there will be people judged as humble people who are classed as upright or righteous persons - Matthew 25:37. These people come through the coming ' great tribulation ' of Revelation 7:14; Isaiah 26:20.
    Those humble sheep-like people can stay alive on Earth with the opportunity that was originally offered to Adam before his downfall. They can live forever on Earth as long as keeping God's Law.

15. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,107
    Right, according to Jesus' words found at John 11:11-14 there is No life after death.
    If there was life there would be No need for a resurrection.
    So, to me the ' life in some form ' is the coming resurrection back to life.
    That is why the ' future tense' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
    Only some go to heaven (Revelation 20:6), but most people resurrected back to live healthy physical life on Earth.

16. Fool

Fool ALL in all
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,185
    Religion:
    Light Impressed with Love
    it would seem that people who have near death experiences tend to change their lives after having such an experience.

17. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,107
    No, Jesus did Not teach shun un-believing family, but that family would oppose one following Jesus.
    Please note Jesus' words at Matthew 10:21-22. No mention of shunning.

Please keep in mind Luke 16:14-31 is a parable or an illustrative story and Not a real happening.
    The King James Bible translated into English the word Gehenna into the English word as hellfire.
    Gehenna was just a garbage pit where things were destroyed forever and Not kept burning forever.
    So, Gehenna is a fitting word for ' destruction ' such as the wicked will be destroyed forever as per Psalms 92:7.

So, it is false clergy teachings that put the flames in biblical hell.
    The Bible's hell is simply mankind's temporary grave until Resurrection Day.
    Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth.
    Then, according to Revelation 22:2 mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for the healing of earth's nations. That is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come!
    Come and usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill besides healing for earth's nations.

18. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,107
    I know a person back in the late 60's who had what she called a near death experience right after birth.
    It changed her life, but Not changed her lifestyle for a righteous or moral life style, but just verbally praising Christ.
    In other words, claiming to follow Jesus but her actions still show otherwise.

19. Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +570
    Religion:
    Christian
    Let's see if we're getting this right.
    You said ----( Also, there will be people judged as humble people who are classed as upright or righteous persons - Matthew 25:37. These people come through the coming ' great tribulation ' of Revelation 7:14; Isaiah 26:20.)

Would say this great tribulation, is greater than the flood of Noah's, Seeing how there were only 8 people that came out of the flood of Noah's ?

20. Thief

Thief Rogue Theologian

Ratings:
    +4,500
    no point in forming 7billion copies of a learning device....
    only have eac crumble to dust

so yeah.....we survive the last breath