• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There a Trinity in the TaNaKh? Things that make me go "hmmm"

DNB

Christian
LOL I thought we are talking about the TaNaKh :) - but I am thankful you used it. It gave me pause to think.
You're correct, but I just wanted a credible testimony about who actually appeared to Moses.

Question... I noticed that you omitted 32 " 32 Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold."
Was that God speaking? If not? why? if so? why does it make it seem like it is the angel speaking?
You are entirely correct Ken. My apologies, i didn't mean to be selective in the verses that I chose, but simply scanned for the word Angel. But, you are more correct, for Stephen did say in verse 31 & 32, as you said, that the Lord spoke. Thank you very much for that!
Acts 7:31-32
7:31. "When Moses saw it, he marveled at the sight; and as he approached to look more closely, there came the voice of the Lord: 32. 'I AM THE GOD OF YOUR FATHERS, THE GOD OF ABRAHAM AND ISAAC AND JACOB.' Moses shook with fear and would not venture to look.

But, if I may, I do believe that my point about interchangeability between referring to angels and God is still valid, but not necessarily in this case. Consider the parents of Samson the Judge, although it states that was the angel who appeared to them, they feared having seen God. But, more importantly, I still hold that despite that fact that it appears that both an angel and God spoke to Moses at the burning bush, I don't believe that there can ever be a duality of power within the Godhead, but merely one all powerful being (which is all that is necessary), surrounded by His holy council who are at His beck and call to fulfill His will.

Thanks!